Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Bulldogs & Changes for R10 vs Brisbane

Best on ground

• 1. N. Vlastuin

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • * Other

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Filthy night. 3 injuries. Huge loss. Terrible effort.

Third game out of the last 4 where we've tallied only 11 free kicks for. The other game in the last 4 we didn't tally 11 we got 12 šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Apologies if this not the appropriate thread to place this post. I have to say that i am quite stunned on the quick decline of our great club in a matter of only a few seasons from the golden era. I understand there are a number of factors for the decline - aging/retirement of players, rule changes, motivation after achieving the ultimate success multiple times may no longer be there etc, but other clubs like Geelong, Sydney have not bottomed out for such a long time. I am ready to cop criticism from others here, for what I am about to say as well as my lack of activeness in writing posts, but I just think we became too complacent and somewhat arrogant especially after the 3rd flag. You can say well after winning the 3rd flag we earn't our right to be arrogant, but it just shows you how quickly you can become back down to earth. The AFL system and product is just not designed and set up to be a dominant team for a longer period of time i.e. 10 plus years. I will give the club credit though for maximising our time at the top to win 3 flags. Hopefully we can bounce back soon and continue develop, draft and recruit exciting talent to once again be a force...
We should have started trading players after the 3rd flag to con clubs into getting a multiple premiership player particularly Graham and Macintosh and short could have gotten overs for them

There were 11 premiership players out there tonight. The leadership of Nank and Short was poor and has been for most of the season. Dusty, Shai a long way below acceptable. Several of the other half of the team without a flag to their name were reasonable - Mansell, MJR, Lefau, Ralphsmith, Brown, Young, Sonsie. Review it, take what we can out of it and move forward. We lost a few games in the first 3 years under Dimma by 100 pt margins so it's part of the journey

Not sure where to go from here. Senior players have dropped off effort and physicality considerably. Our young players arent great, be impossible to develop anyone with tonights effort anyway. We really could have lost by a lot more. Next week gonna be interesting, hopefully Brisbane dont need %.

Jayden short was once my sons favourite player.. what an embarrassment he's become.
I think he'll be at lol norf next year and he's just going through the motions to try and not get injured before years end.

Absolute pretender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure where to go from here. Senior players have dropped off effort and physicality considerably. Our young players arent great, be impossible to develop anyone with tonights effort anyway. We really could have lost by a lot more. Next week gonna be interesting, hopefully Brisbane dont need %.

We may have 3-4 young players who would have fit a role in our premiership years. We are seriously lacking in talent.

There were 11 premiership players out there tonight. The leadership of Nank and Short was poor and has been for most of the season. Dusty, Shai a long way below acceptable. Several of the other half of the team without a flag to their name were reasonable - Mansell, MJR, Lefau, Ralphsmith, Brown, Young, Sonsie. Review it, take what we can out of it and move forward. We lost a few games in the first 3 years under Dimma by 100 pt margins so it's part of the journey

Atleast we had young players then though who were high draft picks. This year is a brutal watch, we dont really start our rebuild until this years draft, so its just killing time and the senior players know it.

Out: All the fun and games at training. All the social media stuff. Any player who does not run and chase. Any player who is not committed to the club. EVERY SINGLE PAIR OF BOOTS. Constantly taking 10 seconds to think of options from a kickout, only to dump it long to a height disadvantage on a wing.

In: Upper body strength workouts. Tackling technique sessions. Long stop boots. Footskill sessions. Fines for 50m penalties, dumb free kicks, missing open targets either by foot or hand. Some semblance of ball movement out of the backline that is not predictable. Coridoor usage/switch kicks.

We may have 3-4 young players who would have fit a role in our premiership years. We are seriously lacking in talent.

I agree, I dont think people realise how long the rebuild will be. We probably have to find our top 10-15 players to challenge for our next flag. That can take atleast 7-8 years from when we start. We dont start until this seasons draft.

Back