Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Bulldogs & Changes for R10 vs Brisbane

Best on ground

• 1. N. Vlastuin

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • * Other

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee I remember why I hightailed out of this forum when dipping my toes back in 2012; what a toxic place. If our inner club was 1% as toxic as this place; we'd be the Tasmanian Tigers by now. The dynasty years were wasted on a bunch of the deep-seated masochists in this forum; but don't worry you'll get your kicks blasting anyone and everything here over the next couple of years. The hate for Gale is especially jarring and please give Yze a chance.

While that game was potentially grimmer than Geelong at Docklands in '07, we need to stay grounded. How can you expect to build a game plan when your key pieces are missing or swapping in and out each week. Our best was quite promising earlier in the season.

There's a ton of "pLaY tHe KiDs!!1!" mentality here but feels like you're just as quick to tear them apart once they're getting a run. Our backline has shown enough to see a future around once you add in Gibcus. We conceded the most i50s against the dogs then we EVER have as a team and it's in the top 5 of any team in the last 10 years so of course Miller, Young and Co will get caught out; overall I see a good future there. Our midfield showed exactly why we brought in Hopper and Taranto; but I'm sure that decision copped the Kane treatment here over the last 12 months. We have a build ahead of us; but we are a different club to a decade ago. Every just needs to breath and go hug someone near them or something.
yet sticking your nose in for the first time in 12 years and lambasting everyone for having a different opinion to you is healthy?

It’s been obvious all year the lack of discipline and commitment from the senior players. The problem is YZe has amplified the problem bc he never dropped any of them and admitted he’s never yelled at them. He’s still covering for them in press conferences. As I said last night it’s the worst performance I’ve seen by a Richmond team in my 51years. I’ve seen bigger losses , but those Tigers still fought hard for the jumper , but were just not good enough.

I’m not gonna list them, but given we are still missing half a dozen first 23 players including our midfield it’s not even top-25 worst performances for me since the early 1980’s.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Stating the obvious but our biggest problem is hardness at the ball in the middle, followed by our lack of spread offensively and defensively. Time to do something different. Time to add some real hardness in the middle.

I've asked a few times, why not throw Mansell through the middle. He's as hard as they get, and he's actually quite composed with ball in hand at the moment. He's fast, fit and angry. Does anyone think he wouldn't be better than Graham in there.

MacAuliffe is likewise tough as nails, and he is a natural inside mid. Stuffed up by making him the emergency and sub from memory, when he needed to get run in his legs in the VFL. After a couple of good games in the middle, and games where he worked hard all over, he looks ready although he is a season away in reality. Anyone think he wouldn't be better than Dow in there.

Finally, very left field, but MacIntosh's second half in the middle yesterday was so interesting to watch. He is a massive midfielder and he crashed and bashed every chance he got. Plus he is very fit and mobile for his size. Pickett other than the Melbourne game has been little use on ball, swap then and see what happens.

This is the thing about playing senior players in the VFL, you can throw them around and suddenly you see something different. Graham should have been doing that, getting down and dirty and getting his hands on the ball so when he comes back in, his form warrants a recall.

Prestia wasn't to bad for his first game back. He seems to have slimmed down a bit, hopefully that will take some stress of his body, but he moved pretty well all up.
Agree with everything there except for kmac in the guts. He was good for about just over a quarter in the there at VFL level before he was shut down. He would be left for dead at AFL in the guts and would be more ugly spectating for us. We just have to move on from these blokes and resign to the fact they've had their time.
What puzzles me is people are claiming or propagating stats saying we are the fittest side bc we ran extra km and had greater sprints and rarara. As i I've always said stats can be misinterpreted , misrepresented and used by one particular poster on here to to suit his own agenda of fantasy land.
As it's all data collected by GPS you have players constantly running and most aren't near the contest so all of this is recorded. So if you're losing by 15 goals and this implies they have the ball more often than us , so our forwards mids are constantly running and sprinting to our BL to try and provide support. Also the other important stat is if you don't get the ball first at stoppages as seen by our clearance stats then it shows we have slow reaction times and initial acceleration than opposition players . The net affect being we are then doing the chasing and excessive sprinting to try and catch up..

Last edited:
Was that a snapshot of life without Liam baker? We really missed his energy and reckon it’s a must to do all we can to retain him, make him captain and trade short &/or Bolton &/or Graham instead. Nank must go and to reiterate the priority is an elite fitness department as that is the main issue.

Was that a snapshot of life without Liam baker? We really missed his energy and reckon it’s a must to do all we can to retain him, make him captain and trade short &/or Bolton &/or Graham instead. Nank must go and to reiterate the priority is an elite fitness department as that is the main issue.
im not sure you should keep a 28 year old whos career is almost over at the expense of first rounder

Stating the obvious but our biggest problem is hardness at the ball in the middle, followed by our lack of spread offensively and defensively. Time to do something different. Time to add some real hardness in the middle.

I've asked a few times, why not throw Mansell through the middle. He's as hard as they get, and he's actually quite composed with ball in hand at the moment. He's fast, fit and angry. Does anyone think he wouldn't be better than Graham in there.

MacAuliffe is likewise tough as nails, and he is a natural inside mid. Stuffed up by making him the emergency and sub from memory, when he needed to get run in his legs in the VFL. After a couple of good games in the middle, and games where he worked hard all over, he looks ready although he is a season away in reality. Anyone think he wouldn't be better than Dow in there.

Finally, very left field, but MacIntosh's second half in the middle yesterday was so interesting to watch. He is a massive midfielder and he crashed and bashed every chance he got. Plus he is very fit and mobile for his size. Pickett other than the Melbourne game has been little use on ball, swap then and see what happens.

This is the thing about playing senior players in the VFL, you can throw them around and suddenly you see something different. Graham should have been doing that, getting down and dirty and getting his hands on the ball so when he comes back in, his form warrants a recall.

Prestia wasn't to bad for his first game back. He seems to have slimmed down a bit, hopefully that will take some stress of his body, but he moved pretty well all up.
The Bont had a blinder. Too big, too powerful. For us Prestia IN did help with clearances, stayed uninjured. We still look one big body short.

191 Kmac not bad down a level...who'd a thunk eh? drop a level play some different role well. Inside mid?

Give him another week in the VFL and bring Kmac2 IN. IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whos stig
bbc italy GIF by Top Gear

Agree with everything there except for kmac in the guts. He was good for about just over a quarter in the there at VFL level before he was shut down. He would be left for dead at AFL in the guts and would be more ugly spectating for us. We just have to move on from these blokes and resign to the fact they've had their time.
What puzzles me is people are claiming or propagating stats saying we are the fittest side bc we ran extra km and had greater sprints and rarara. As i I've always said stats can be misinterpreted , misrepresented and used by one particular poster on here to to suit his own agenda of fantasy land.
As it's all data collected by GPS you have players constantly running and most aren't near the contest so all of this is recorded. So if you're losing by 15 goals and this implies they have the ball more often than us , so our forwards mids are constantly running and sprinting to our BL to try and provide support. Also the other important stat is if you don't get the ball first at stoppages as seen by our clearance stats then it shows we have slow reaction times and initial acceleration than opposition players . The net affect being we are then doing the chasing and excessive sprinting to try and catch up..
Not sure what the stats argument is to do with my points, I post mainly from what I see or feel, (which is why I am wrong so often...)

Regarding MacIntosh, the moment he came into the middle he gave us something we missed, and especially miss at the AFL level, some desperation and physical dominance. Of course, at AFL level this would be greatly reduced, but at 192cm and 93kg's, he is a big unit who pushed, shoved and got up their noses. Not saying it's a long-term option, nor even a particularly short term one, but when we are being destroyed like last week (most weeks) for want of muscle, a bit of old fashioned biffo and burrow under, might cause some spillage at least. As mentioned, much the same with Mansell.

We can't continue the way we are, we can't have MacAuliffe come in and do it, he has to play his natural game. We need some hardness in the guts. MacIntosh will come, that is almost guaranteed with all our injuries. Let's try something different.

Not sure what the stats argument is to do with my points, I post mainly from what I see or feel, (which is why I am wrong so often...)

Regarding MacIntosh, the moment he came into the middle he gave us something we missed, and especially miss at the AFL level, some desperation and physical dominance. Of course, at AFL level this would be greatly reduced, but at 192cm and 93kg's, he is a big unit who pushed, shoved and got up their noses. Not saying it's a long-term option, nor even a particularly short term one, but when we are being destroyed like last week (most weeks) for want of muscle, a bit of old fashioned biffo and burrow under, might cause some spillage at least. As mentioned, much the same with Mansell.

We can't continue the way we are, we can't have MacAuliffe come in and do it, he has to play his natural game. We need some hardness in the guts. MacIntosh will come, that is almost guaranteed with all our injuries. Let's try something different.
We could've possibly been destroyed by more if he was playing as the tractor count would've increased by one. I f he's the difference in what you witnessed Sat night after watching him perform pitiful for over two seasons in the seniors then we are truly in trouble.
Stats were used to show the deficiencies in our team and that we don't need another tractor in our side. It's a tried and failed experiment even with Hopper and TT as we witnessed last year.

which oppo gun are we poaching with dusty off the books next year ?
Does it matter? 34 next year and he can't do nearly half the things he used to be able to do plus he looks disinterested when he plays as well. Time, he hangs em up when his contract is done, or he goes up north to the suns for a short-term retirement fund contract.

Back