Autopsy Roast & toast vs Port Adelaide and changes for Carlton round 14

Best vs Pear

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He was responsible for 3 goals given up and I’m not including the Dixon goal where he was outmarked. His disposal is among the worst in the competition and his decision making is poor also. Yes, he had some good moments in the last qtr but overall I can’t say that was a great game for him.

When Balta goes back next week (as he should) then we don’t need him.

He should only be playing if Grimes or Balta go down.
Yes Tackle Bag I agree on everything you've stated on Tarrant. We have to play our best 22 and Tarrant aint that. If the FD think he is then we're done.

Last edited:
Thought Ralphsmith was pretty ordinary, his kicking was terrible.

And, yeah, the VFL. That was horrible viewing last night. Hard to see anyone progressing to the AFL in the near future, apart from Bauer.

Sounds like a stretch but he showed talent and no one else did.

And doesn’t lose possession. Isn’t always clean but keeps it in front of him.

Some more one touch players like Short, Baker and Dusty would be handy.
On HRS I agree he fumbled a lot , but so did a lot of players. HRS is great at reading the play and therefore he gets his strong body involved in a lot of physical contests and he doesn't look as clean. I gave him a vote bc of this as he took his opponents out of the game by forcing them with a lot of unclean and rushed possessions. He's developing nicely and is best 22 everyday of the week.

Last edited:

Bank the win move on after quarter time we we're totally different team horrific our skills and composure school boy stuff at times we would been blown away against a top side.Thought selfishness crept into Bolton and Jack at times and sometimes we we're to cute.Besides Baker who stepped up out of our core group the rest went walkabout.Fade outs happen again and is a big worry.

Coaching was great and selection committee The move of Gibcus and Balta should have come early ,Soldo playing was a mistake and both him and Nank getting beaten by part time rucks ,Tarrant was horrible for 3 qtrs better last qtr , but gez he looks a liability at stages rather Miller get games .Not seeing the love for Hugo poor skills at times.

He was responsible for 3 goals given up and I’m not including the Dixon goal where he was outmarked. His disposal is among the worst in the competition and his decision making is poor also. Yes, he had some good moments in the last qtr but overall I can’t say that was a great game for him.

When Balta goes back next week (as he should) then we don’t need him.

He should only be playing if Grimes or Balta go down.
Agreed. Yes that last quarter was good, but I don’t understand why he looks so lost at times when he’s a veteran of the game. He’s not at a stage where we celebrate glimpses like we do with Gibcus, Maurice Rioli, or Clarke. He should be at a stage where he plays like he did at North Melbourne. I don’t know how we get him back to playing like that.

Bolton may not have been good tonight but the endeavor is there. Could have easily ended up with 4 goals. He's a special talent.
Absolutely, he is so good, with his speed, balking and quick decision making, he really is a very special player. Frustrating the last couple of games with the seemingly carefree, casual approach. Sure he can return to his early season style and get back to better finishing going forward.

A win is a win no matter how ugly and it’s still 4 points in the bag. I braved the cold and went. Apart from a very good second half of the first quarter, we were diabolically poor. Take it and run. Maybe we were a bit rusty post bye.

I thought Dusty looked a little sharper and I hope he continues to get his confidence back. Massive if he hits form as he transforms the side from pauper to prince.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trent Cotchin is still our best midfielder and has been all class this year. HRS is probably the best kid on our list. Finlayson made our two ruckmen look ordinary for 3.5 quarters. Edwards is killing us and Tarrant was awful, but to his credit played a great last quarter. We’re not going anywhere until Lynch gets back into the FL which pushes Balta back and Tarrant to VFL. Sheds id killing us , but gets a game as he’s on the road to 300 and the reality is nobody in the vfl is good enough

Edwards and Cotchin are both very fumbly below the knees. Times close to up for them both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Dimma said it best , we wrestled the game back on our terms when it was there to be won, 64 i50s and some diabolical shots on goal , should have won by 6G , oh well, we always have close games with PA glad to get the points
Balta gotta stays back , gibbo really battles at times
Soldo gives us bugga all really , taps he won oft went straight to PA in hot spots too
Ralph won’t hold his spot on that effort ,turnovers ,,,was really poor I thought , mansell Dow or Ross
Great game by baker , and lynch wil be a sight for sore eyes
Ross’s endeavour is there but his possessions don’t hurt and his disposal is not up to any level, Dow went missing in the VFL so will need to show more if he is to be promoted

Hugo Soldo Edwards Out
Lynch Lambert Rioli in

Balta plays on Curnow Taz takes McKay

Gibcus can play forward , Balta can back up ruck and when required and Grimes / Broad pick up the slack

Baker Taz Grimes
Rioli Balta Vlas
Picket Prestia Kmac
Rioli Lynch Clarke
Martin Jack Gibcus
Nank Short Cotch
Broad Graham Lambert Bolton

Edwards Sub

Rance in better shape than Dusty
Bring him in next week vs paper bag blooze

Is dusty a worry? 13 touches and very poor picking the pill up
Hope he’s just bored and gets his mojo back come finals time
Not at his best but still had 2 goals and 2 goal assists so we probably lose without him playing

I think we could give Gibcus a spell. Lynch will be back. Unless we drop Soldo and give Gibcus the 3rd forward role
Give Gibcus the forward job, should have been tried earlier tonight I think. Good to have a swingman and having him alternating for now relieves the constant backman pressure on him. He has had a great season so far.

What the duck was nankervis doing in the ruck? Barely hit a mid in a Richmond jumper and didn’t think to smack it clear of the stoppage until the last quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We couldn’t make the most of our ruck domination - 41 /18,
We lost Centre and stoppage clearances. I know we often lose clearances but some of the ruck work had me scratching my head. A couple of Soldo’s 2 handed taps were straight down their throat

Anyone notice from commentators whenever WE get. fREE , gee that was lucky couldn’t see much in that ,,

whenever we get one paid AGAINST , not much doubt about that one

Spot on mate.

Note this morning kane cornes said richmond got 3 goals from free kicks that were iffy. 2 to clarke and 1 to gibcus. OK. Well Judson only received the one free. so thats that.

Also Dimma said Port are a good side. He trolling haha

Back