Autopsy Roast & toast vs Port Adelaide and changes for Carlton round 14

Best vs Pear

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In fairness Bakers ‘position’ is backline, right? He won us the game when moved into the midfield. But Balta should not leave the D50 rest of 2022 ….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com0
Just can't figure it out.... Balta tried back months ago, we got hammered. We swapped back and it worked and they decided to try again. Brainless.

I think the clue is where the ball went when he missed the absolute sitter, he is holding the ball weirdly and it's dropping on his boot at a strange angle. Is doing the same for all his snaps and must kick the ball OOTF more than any other small forward playing the game.

If I am Hardwick I have Bolton snapping goals all week at training until he can nail 10 consecutive shots blindfolded. It's clearly a technique thing, that's what coaches are there to do. Cannot believe he continues to do this week in week out with no improvement. Otherwise he is probably one of the most gifted forwards in the competition.
Bolton is a feel player, when he is feeling it he does magic. something is up with his mindset.

Just got home from the game

All I know is that Robbie Tarrants last quarter officially makes him a Richmond man! 🥰🐯

And I’ve officially turned Gay for Liam Baker

View attachment 1420480
First it was Aarts , then it was George. You’re a whore;)

what about poort abusing the concussion rule

2 of their players bust their heads open and they stick some paper on em and send em back out only for them to get busted open again
Port been abusing the sub rule all year
Shows the desperation of fried Hinkley is to keep his job

Just finished watching - wow what a shitshow. It was nice that we were able to win one of these for once, but holy s**t these are 2 teams that should not be too pumped with where they are at. It was a fairly poor game overall, including the umpiring which we got the better rub of. Port got some shocking, important calls against them tonight - will 100% take the win, but not wear it with much pride. It's actually crazy we are 7-5 to be honest, certainly a lot more crap teams than good this year. Port looked WOEFUL.

Baker is the obvious star here. His role is down back, but his ability to be moved around and impact is incredibly useful. But ultimately he is at his best when he starts back, gets into the game - then can be moved where needed. Needs to ALWAYS start back tho.

Balta is a backmen - 'nuff said. If we need a pinch hitting forward while Lynch is out - then move Gibcus. Balta is our backman & incredibly important in that system working.

Sad to watch Dusty atm, just looks and plays like a guy with a broken heart. He has done so much work on his mental health and i hope he is coping ok managing that atm.

Edwards should not be getting a game ahead of kids, at least as a starting 22 bloke. I can accept and be happy for him to be nurtured to 300, but i think it should be as the sub. there is no way that he helped us more than MRJ, Dow or even Cumberland may have. With where we are at we really cannot be burning games on a 33+ year old playing as poorly as he is atm.

Not sure what the purpose was to play Soldo & Nank together vs Finlayson. It kind of underlines our insecurity in the clearances i think as they clearly wanted to double down to ensure they won the hit outs, but not sure if that is a winning formula.

Was nice to see Clarke play and impact winning. Playing kids does not have to mean losing! As i have said many times before - for this team to thrive it needs the right mix of youth, experience and core players. There is no way that a youthful Clarke was not more impactful than a tired looking Edwards tonight. It was a perfect example of 2 guys at different points of their career - playing the exact same role & how differently they impacted winning, the vibe & chemistry of the team etc

We need to start testing Dow or others to join that midfield group. Short has done a good job helping out in there but ultimately i think his best position is HBF and if allowed to play there, will win numerous AA honours. I firmly believe that we are best with Balta down back & Baker + Short playing the running back roles. Dan's influence down back gets less & less the better the opponent we play gets, but continues to prove in his moments where he gets forward - he can be very damaging. The entire forward set-up clearly needs a re-structure, just invent a new role in that system that gets the most out of him there. If he can only be a HBF then the club should trade him for a piece equally good that we actually need ie a winger. As good as he has been down back, we clearly have 2 better options already in Baker + Short, & have a plethora of young options like Mansell who can fill in if required.

Someone needs to get in Boltons ear and let him know that ******* up is not just "part of the Bolton package". His stuff ups tonight were incredibly costly as they were last week & if you want to get the big bucks you commanded, then giggling your ass off after missing a pre-school difficulty goal in the final minutes of a tight, cut-throat game is unacceptable performance, but also reaction. As a fan it makes me want to turn the telly off when i see a player act bemused by plays that fans are upset about. Just not good enough mate - have you ever seen Dusty or Cotchin act like that? Be better.

Nice to see Rance sitting with Benny, great to see him back around the club again

The Port decision to put on the 2 players after that head clash should be a massive fine by the AFL if they are serious about this s**t. Was a deplorable look and decision by Port - clearly neither guy was right and looked a ******* mess tbh

Last edited:
Whats with all the whinging about umpiring from oppos?
Nobody had an issue with it last week when we were categorically ripped off.
w***ers.
Oppos in tin foil suits not only hats,we get Oppo umpiring for the second time this year and they are in uproar lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

carltoon have been waiting for the bye for the last 4 weeks, they will be rejuvinated next week and no way they'd play s**t like they have been for over a month now and they are umps pets now too like the pies

play like this next week and we get destroyed by 10 goals

All season we’ve played really good footy for 75% of games. Same as tonight … 3.6 to 2.1 in last quarter kept Port close. It was a really good sign to dominate that last quarter against the grain tonight. We’ve only been badly outplayed in 1 x game this season which was Demons match.

A wins a win … that was Ports GF, season on the line. And at full strength except for Fantasia and Lycett. If we can turn the really good footy from 75% into 85% we’ll be ultra competitive with anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think the clue is where the ball went when he missed the absolute sitter, he is holding the ball weirdly and it's dropping on his boot at a strange angle. Is doing the same for all his snaps and must kick the ball OOTF more than any other small forward playing the game.

If I am Hardwick I have Bolton snapping goals all week at training until he can nail 10 consecutive shots blindfolded. It's clearly a technique thing, that's what coaches are there to do. Cannot believe he continues to do this week in week out with no improvement. Otherwise he is probably one of the most gifted forwards in the competition.
Spot on. Might back Shai for most goals next week, might turn it around.

Balta back, Gibcus forward next week please. Balta is a great match up for Curnow.

I think we could give Gibcus a spell. Lynch will be back. Unless we drop Soldo and give Gibcus the 3rd forward role

Temporary activation of the substitute player for concussion assessment means clubs are permitted to activate their substitute player for 20 minutes, after which time they are required to decide whether to put the player back on.

Port had no substitute left and two players to be tested late in the game. So they squibbed it. If Richmond did it, the media would go into full attack mode.

Soldo had 10 touches with 55% game time, some key marks, some nice moments. He definitely got read well on hit outs, but I often wonder if that's partly midfield issues too.

Wasn't as bad as some say, but also had some putrid moments too.

Was getting absolutely pushed and held all night.
yes, done ok in the slippery conditions, taps to oppo a fair but took some crucial grabs. needs a dry track 🏇

Back