Speculation Rory Lobb [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lost Grundy, Brayshaw, Harmes, Jordon last/this year and replaced them all with kids for the most part, Brown and McDonald off the books come end of year, we'll have heaps of coin

My policy is that the afl should rule the brayshaw payout (and all concussion payouts for that matter) inside the cap which would reduce their $ available. Brown and mcdonald going i grant you though.

My policy is that the afl should rule the brayshaw payout (and all concussion payouts for that matter) inside the cap which would reduce their $ available.
Strong disagree. All concussion retirements should be cap exempt.
Protect the head and pay out the player to set them up for life after footy.

2 years too late for everyone if true, absolutely braindead he didn’t go there the first time
Ill die on the hill that part of the reason Melbourne never went after lobb was due to them being so hell bent as not to dilute the compo for Jackson.*

I’ll also die on the very next hill they likely win one of their finals last year with lobb playing.
Was the absolute perfect piece to Melbournes puzzle that was their 2nd kpf/ruck issues

*…That and Colin young is one self absorb greedy POS

Ill die on the hill that part of the reason Melbourne never went after lobb was due to them being so hell bent as not to dilute the compo for Jackson.*

I’ll also die on the very next hill they likely win one of their finals last year with lobb playing.
Was the absolute perfect piece to Melbournes puzzle that was their 2nd kpf/ruck issues

Definitely right on that final where they couldn’t do anything but hack it high and were screaming out for a Lobb.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Jackson dilution thing was right as well

Dogs should of always gone for Grundy to play main ruck and made English the FWD/Secondary ruck

Melbourne should of always gone after Lobb to replace Jackson

Would of fixed both clubs major issues at the time.

He wasn't a FA.

Definitely right on that final where they couldn’t do anything but hack it high and were screaming out for a Lobb.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Jackson dilution thing was right as well

Given how Lobb has preformed he probably wouldn’t have done anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always thought the same thing, we would have been of the view that Freo would have placed Lobb's trade value way too high, given his previous non trade.

Given how Lobb has preformed he probably wouldn’t have done anything.
Probably right but the fit would have been so much better, even the way they play would have suited him more. Interesting sliding doors moment particularly as a Freo fan, like I wonder if we keep that future 1st and have a high pick last year. Melbourne clearly pretty damn happy with Windsor so even though they wasted time and money with Grundy it works out

Probably right but the fit would have been so much better, even the way they play would have suited him more. Interesting sliding doors moment particularly as a Freo fan, like I wonder if we keep that future 1st and have a high pick last year. Melbourne clearly pretty damn happy with Windsor so even though they wasted time and money with Grundy it works out

All is not lost at the Dogs either. We simply did not see Sam Darcy being so good so soon. Still worry about his size though. Hope we don’t wear him down. So Lobb can still have a role if he stayed and put effort in.

So Lobb can still have a role if he stayed and put effort in.
That's a bit of an oxymoron though, since he is known as a massive peaheart. But if he's trying to persuade another club he may put in some effort for a bit, if he can manage to avoid getting dropped again.

Played best when he was marking the ball near the wings. His contested marking stats were near all time records in his earlier years. Dogs have played him too deep fwd. His ruck work is pretty terrible so it's hard to find a position for him. He's either a 200+cm wing or a roaming CHF. It's probably best not to position him based on height, ruck/fwd is not really his best output position.

Played best when he was marking the ball near the wings. His contested marking stats were near all time records in his earlier years. Dogs have played him too deep fwd. His ruck work is pretty terrible so it's hard to find a position for him. He's either a 200+cm wing or a roaming CHF. It's probably best not to position him based on height, ruck/fwd is not really his best output position.
A fair few tall players come under that but it doesn't seem popular for teams to play them in roaming roles. Dogs rotate the role now.

Brisbane need a Martin Pike type forth club player to get the over the line. The weather up there also helps with his rheumatism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back