Nostradamus Lives Ross Lyon Sexual Harassment

Remove this Banner Ad

Who knows?

Though, granted, I suppose there's the very slim chance that if the claimant did talk it might result in a rumour about a senior coach at an AFL club, leading to frenzied speculation in the media about what was said, done, what monies were paid, whether the coach and senior management might be sacked or sanctioned, press releases, news articles, heaps of threads on Bigfooty with thousands of posts with all sorts of wild theories and conjecture.

But maybe that's just me.

There’s actually a variety of reasons. Just one example is that I bet there are many current Fremantle Dockers employees who don’t know who the complainant is, but may be able to place them if the details of the incident were released. This is exactly why HR departments at every company in Australia keep details that could be used to identify the complainant confidential.

I’ll say it one last time:

The discretion and confidentiality is a critical part of the system as it assists future complainants to feel confident that they can come forward with complaints and appropriate discretion will be applied to any investigation or outcomes, including a settled separation of need be. If folks can’t understand that then I can’t help them.

There’s actually a variety of reasons. Just one example is that I bet there are many current Fremantle Dockers employees who don’t know who the complainant is, but may be able to place them if the details of the incident were released. This is exactly why HR departments at every company in Australia keep details that could be used to identify the complainant confidential.

I’ll say it one last time:

The discretion and confidentiality is a critical part of the system as it assists future complainants to feel confident that they can come forward with complaints and appropriate discretion will be applied to any investigation or outcomes, including a settled separation of need be. If folks can’t understand that then I can’t help them.
Why do both parties have to keep quiet to protect the identities of complainants?

??

Why would anyone care if the claimant chose to talk about the details?
Again, trial by media and constant public (online forums for example) speculation about said details.
Was the payment too much for what was said? Was she a gold digger? Was the payment too small? Why did she wait years to make the claim?
She and the club don't want to keep feeding the fire of public speculation. It could lead to the club or the complainant being open to endless ridicule or questions on something they both want to go away because the matter has been dealt with to both parties satisfaction.

Why do both parties have to keep quiet to protect the identities of complainants?

It would only take one catcher in the rye fan of a footy club to ruin the life of a claimant. There are people who will defend their club through anything and attack anyone who would threaten their emotional investment.

Whenever there is a major power imbalance both sides need to respect the privacy of each other, otherwise the powerful side that can put their entire list on TV every night of the week telling out of context truths as character assassinations.

Again, trial by media and constant public (online forums for example) speculation about said details.
Was the payment too much for what was said? Was she a gold digger? Was the payment too small? Why did she wait years to make the claim?
She and the club don't want to keep feeding the fire of public speculation. It could lead to the club or the complainant being open to endless ridicule or questions on something they both want to go away because the matter has been dealt with to both parties satisfaction.
Oh ok, so the club insisted she sign it?

Interesting.

It would only take one catcher in the rye fan of a footy club to ruin the life of a claimant. There are people who will defend their club through anything and attack anyone who would threaten their emotional investment.

Whenever there is a major power imbalance both sides need to respect the privacy of each other, otherwise the powerful side that can put their entire list on TV every night of the week telling out of context truths as character assassinations.

?

As I've said 100 times, it's common sense that Freo/the AFL have a confidentiality agreement.

But what is the point of gagging the claimant?

The press conference was quite adamant that privacy was requested by all parties.

So you're cooked on this questioning line.
They said it was low five figures settlement too.
FFC have the power to say what they like as victim unless she chooses to reveal herself and then become further victimised by trolls not much she can do.
My understanding is that was FFC and AFL reporting of issue is what reignited the issue for her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you ask a question, have it answered, then ask the same question again?
JAQing off :)
"The only thing truly stupid about a question is not being interested in the answer. When people JAQing off are just being intellectually non-curious, that's disturbing enough. But some people use JAQing off as a debate tactic: they present ridiculous questions in order to frustrate their opponent, winning the debate by default."
https://observationdeck.kinja.com/the-dangers-of-jaqing-off-in-public-1519058593

Rivalry and needling aside. You have to be better than that doc seriously. People are being far too flippant in the words they're throwing at posters in here.

Feelings over facts? That's the sign of a dead argument which is why this issue disappeared Friday.

DairO7p.png

The standard you walk past Taylor is the standard you accept. Well done.

To attempt to link that into a win/loss argument on a broader serious issue. Disappointing.
Feelings over facts? That's the sign of a dead argument which is why this issue disappeared Friday.

DairO7p.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back