Game Day Round 1: Freo vs Geelong @ subi 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geelong way too good for us. Healy summed it up well when he said our skills are good under reduced pressure. Not a good sign but at least it was better than last years round 1 result

Bradesmaen and others. Langdon ****ed more kicks than he should've. It's a known fault of his. He needs to be the last player in the chain rather than one of the first, ideally kicking for goal imo. That he is not, isn't his fault. Rather significantly for me, he stood up when there was no one else.

Jeepers, that 11.3 that they kicked in the first half! Ridiculous accuracy (Damn you footy gods), it saps the will and puts pressure on - resulting in more fumbles on our side and match winning confidence on theirs.

That was mostly scores from turnovers, if we fix that, it would be interesting to see our attempt at winning the ruck and playing more offensively than we used to, which I think was the intention.

Bradesmaen and others. Langdon ****** more kicks than he should've. It's a known fault of his. He needs to be the last player in the chain rather than one of the first, ideally kicking for goal imo. That he is not, isn't his fault. Rather significantly for me, he stood up when there was no one else.
This happened because he got no attention and he has serious jets. I thought he did pretty good, he gets in the right spots a fair bit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously a thoroughly disappointing result but a few things which standout.

- Geelong kicked 13 goals from turnovers. Now the turnovers could be due to adapting to a new style of ball movement but either way - if we can close this down than we cut of over half of Geelong's score.
- McCarthy will get better each week and the forward group gel together over time, hopefully just soon!

That said, we've got a lot to improve on and some players need to go back to Peel.

Bradesmaen and others. Langdon ****** more kicks than he should've. It's a known fault of his. He needs to be the last player in the chain rather than one of the first, ideally kicking for goal imo. That he is not, isn't his fault. Rather significantly for me, he stood up when there was no one else.
There was one good passage in the last where we had a chain of possessions to win the centre clearance and the ball ended up in Sutcliffe's hands just behind the centre square. He didn't burn the ball but his use wasn't good enough to make the next possession quick and clean.

These plays are pretty well choreographed so Sutcliffe is obviously one of the designated receivers. Is this who we really want the ball in the hands of to go inside 50?

Really surprised how bad our forward line was tonight. That was the difference in the end. We fought minor losses in the midfield and defence but were still able to create enough opportunities but couldn't win enough of it up forward. Thought they'd do better

There was one good passage in the last where we had a chain of possessions to win the centre clearance and the ball ended up in Sutcliffe's hands just behind the centre square. He didn't burn the ball but his use wasn't good enough to make the next possession quick and clean.

These plays are pretty well choreographed so Sutcliffe is obviously one of the designated receivers. Is this who we really want the ball in the hands of to go inside 50?

I can remember Sutty hitting Fyfe with a beautiful kick I50, and also to Griff who spilt the chest mark.

No. One of the Hills or Mundy just about our only options sadly. Weller. The list aint long.

I can remember Sutty hitting Fyfe with a beautiful kick I50, and also to Griff who spilt the chest mark.
He had 15 kicks, third most highest. Was bound to hit a couple of targets.

Would rather Bradley Hill getting those numbers.

Really surprised how bad our forward line was tonight. That was the difference in the end. We fought minor losses in the midfield and defence but were still able to create enough opportunities but couldn't win enough of it up forward. Thought they'd do better

The delivery was largely s**t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back