Preview Round 1 v Hawks (team listed #982 p40)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wells to play in the vfl practice match friday - you would think if he gets through that he plays round 2

Elliott still a couple weeks away, remember when the club told us he would be in full training at the end of January lol

Yes & if we had him having surgery after the season ended when he already had an ankle complaint for most of last year, he would be cherry ripe right now instead of missing round 1 & probably round 2. Boy we shoot ourselves in the foot well don't we?

Thanks the poster said Murph which surprised me...but it is Murray.

Interesting the comments on Fasolo. Seems he has been a lazy shite.

Coming back from a shoulder reco and given his mental health issues understandable they're nursing him through. From reports of his VFL practice match I thought he might be pushing for selection but happy that they get him right for the remainder of the season than rush him.

Yes & if we had him having surgery after the season ended when he already had an ankle complaint for most of last year, he would be cherry ripe right now instead of missing round 1 & probably round 2. Boy we shoot ourselves in the foot well don't we?

You really want to revisit that discussion?

You really want to revisit that discussion?

No mate - But by god it pisses me right off that our most important forward is missing the most important & toughest matches of the season & it could have all been avoided. Steam coming out the ears at regular intervals. I reckon by about the year 2025 I might be over it. ;)

Very. Didnt like Bucks' comments on like Elliot and DeGoey. Sounds like they are a long way off match fitness.

But the cosmos demands some balance, and so at this point in the proceedings we should point out that D. Wells is coming along quite nicely. I'd say he's a chance for next week.

But the cosmos demands some balance, and so at this point in the proceedings we should point out that D. Wells is coming along quite nicely. I'd say he's a chance for next week.
True enough. But if I was the Cosmos looking for balance(I thought he was a soccer guy?), my first stop wouldn't be BF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hopeful that both Faz and Aish will play but either way I'd have Thomas in ahead of quite a few others like Brown, Crocker, Phillips and Daicos. He's been one of the standouts during the preseason.

he gets it but he cant use it. they way he fumbled through the GWS was awful and he just couldnt two way run with them. Vs the Dogs his ball use was average. I'd rather give a kid a go.

With the confirm debuts i think we will line up like

FB- Langdon -- Dunn -- Howe

HB- Murray -- Moore -- Crisp

W
- Phillips -- Treloar -- Thomas

HF
- WHE -- Reid -- Maynard

FF
- Varcoe -- Cox -- Sidebottom

F
- Grundy -- Pendles -- Adams

B
- Smith - Broomhead - Stephenson - Brown

*Maynard to play a defensive forward roll.
*Sidebottom to play forward due to absence of Elliot
*Murray and Crisp adding speed off Half Back
*With Reid and Cox forward it is important to have tacklers. I think Varcoe, Maynard with Brown to float through will add much needed forward pressure.

With the confirm debuts i think we will line up like

FB- Langdon -- Dunn -- Howe

HB- Murray -- Moore -- Crisp

W
- Phillips -- Treloar -- Thomas

HF
- WHE -- Reid -- Maynard

FF
- Varcoe -- Cox -- Sidebottom

F
- Grundy -- Pendles -- Adams

B
- Smith - Broomhead - Stephenson - Brown

*Maynard to play a defensive forward roll.
*Sidebottom to play forward due to absence of Elliot
*Murray and Crisp adding speed off Half Back
*With Reid and Cox forward it is important to have tacklers. I think Varcoe, Maynard with Brown to float through will add much needed forward pressure.
Please please please don’t play Smith. It’s going to happen though :(

he gets it but he cant use it. they way he fumbled through the GWS was awful and he just couldnt two way run with them. Vs the Dogs his ball use was average. I'd rather give a kid a go.

Although I don't think Thomas was anywhere near as bad as you suggest, that could equally be Smith or Phillips you describe. As for playing a kid, all for it. In fact we are. Stephenson and Murray. With so much experience (Wells, Fasolo, Mayne, Blair, Goldsack, Greenwood, even Aish and DeGoey) either injured or playing VFL, I'm very wary of including too many more kids.

Please please please don’t play Smith. It’s going to happen though :(
Not a fan either currently but i think he will play. I see not many other options due to our outs. Once Elliot, Wells, DeGoey are in guys like Smith, Broomhead will want to have locked down a spot as theyll be first out.

How fit is Aish? Id take him over Smith if possible

Great news! Very happy for the two fellas, exciting times Saturday. I can understand the queries on Stephenson based on the exposed form but I am just excited by the X-factor he brings

Could make a Impact like Daisy did in his Debut Season

I got a Feeling there is a Chance that this could be Fas last year in the Black and White
Maybe, but this problem is usually caused by nobody up field ready to take possession. I can see it already, he will break the lines but then have nobody to kick to! It's so frustrating.

That’s true. However, Puopolo and Cyril didn’t play.
The match before that Puopolo and Breust kicked 5.0. If these players are no good (like you said), they shouldn’t be kicking 5.0 against us.
Yeah nah when did I say that are no good?

Paine and Yagmoor? Not even close to the same class.
Stephenson it a Class Above but I guess Murray could do no worse then Yags Did;)
Seedsman was the third debutant in that game. The Yagmoor selection was simply disastrous, I felt so sorry for the poor young lad as he just wasn't ready/up to it.

I'm much happier with the debutants this time around; hopefully they'll go very well from the start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back