Preview Round 10, 2024 : Port v Hawthorn, 3:20pm Sun 19th May, AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis on the longest short term injury in the game's history at this point

I kinda hope CJ isn't risked. He's been on a torrid injury run, and there's not point to rushing him while he's still a young guy. Better to just let him ease back into the game rather than throw him into the fire.

I'd just hate him to get injured again with another soft-tissue issue.

This except Jiath would be a chance, other than this. Simple.

I'd hope Ward comes into the side somehow, most likely Maginess would make way for him.

If CJ comes into the side then it should be as the sub. Don't want us to throw him into the deep end too early given the injury issues.

I'd hope Ward comes into the side somehow, most likely Maginess would make way for him.

If CJ comes into the side then it should be as the sub. Don't want us to throw him into the deep end too early given the injury issues.
Box Hill bye would lean me to putting CJ in the side and subbing him out rather than coming on colder as sub, for a quarter or two.

Ward must come in soon, he is far too good for Box Hill. But I’d give him 1-2 weeks.

CJ has played three quarters of a VFL game coming off hamstring and calf issues so I would be amazed if we played him. Patience is required as he gets to full fitness.

Phillips may be an option but I wonder if BMac has come into consideration. Gives us some rebound off the HBF. His Box Hill form hasn't been that great though.
….sub….?

Lewis on the longest short term injury in the game's history at this point

I kinda hope CJ isn't risked. He's been on a torrid injury run, and there's not point to rushing him while he's still a young guy. Better to just let him ease back into the game rather than throw him into the fire.

I'd just hate him to get injured again with another soft-tissue issue.
I watched his VFL game and he was not holding back. I doubt there is any greater risk of injury playing AFL than they way he goes about it at the lower level.

Both are running machines but Maginness has a mature body and can play a physical game that Ward is not ready for. Maginness is having a good year and offers more vs Port than Ward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both are running machines but Maginness has a mature body and can play a physical game that Ward is not ready for. Maginness is having a good year and offers more vs Port than Ward.

Maginess has to go to Houston.

Port generate a lot of run through Houston, and he's a brilliant kick.

Have been playing around with potential lineups.

Tell you what, it’s getting harder and harder each week!

An omission to any of the below three is rough, but its a good problem to have.

IN: Sicily, Chol, CJ (sub)
OUT: Maginness, Scrimshaw, Mitchell

FB: Serong - Frost - Weddle
HB: Impey - Sicily - Amon

MF: Meek - Worpel - Nash
MF: Day - Newcombe - Moore

HF: Hardwick - Dear - Ginnivan
FF: Gunston - Chol - Watson

INT: MacDonald - Breust - D’Ambrosio - Mackenzie
SUB: CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.