Preview Round 11, 2024 : Hawks v Lions, 1:10pm Sunday 26th May, Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillips is behind all of Frost, Sicily and Scim. If they are all fit and available it really shouldn't be a surprise that he has been left out. Despite him having a solid game last weekend.

The obession some have in moving Sicily forward to accomodate all of Easy, Scrim and Frost does my head in. Sic is our best defender and one of the very best in the league. That's where he should play.
Can play all of Phillips, Frost, Scrim and Sicily down back. Did it last year if you replace Phillips with Blanck.

I suspect Gunston is back purely for onfield coaching. Perhaps last weeks meltdown could have been avoided with another cool head.
With both Gunston and Bruest in the side we will be low on run and defensive pressure across the 23.

The question is whether their experience and skill compensates enough to make that a worthwhile trade-off.

I suspect Gunston is back purely for onfield coaching. Perhaps last weeks meltdown could have been avoided with another cool head.

We don’t need two old, crocked guys playing traffic cop in the forward arc.

It’s jobs for the boys at Hawthorn. Ethan Phillips has been stitched up here. Is well worth a spot based on last week.

Yup - I prefer games for Dear. He will be great and needs the experience (especially after dropping three chest marks and getting only 1 behind from three very gettable shots)
He is playing though? Having another tall-ish forward always down there with him might actually help him out a bit when Chol is in the ruck.

Not sure why people are blowing up over Phillips being dropped.

Scrim and Frost are quite rightly our two first choice lockdown defenders based on this seasons form.
That leaves room for two other intercept defenders and you can't drop Weddle or Sicily haha.

If any of those 4 go down, Phillips is next in line.

Scrim and Frost are quite rightly our two first choice lockdown defenders based on this seasons form.
That leaves room for two other intercept defenders and you can't drop Weddle or Sicily haha.

Would much rather Weddle didn’t play down back in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played a great first game and would be a perfect match up against Ryan.

Shame about Phillips, but I think it was clear he wasn't going to be picked when Mitchell said, "whether he plays or not, we know we have a good player in Phillips". Or something to that effect anyway.

Both Phillips and Serong played well against Port, so I'm sure they've been told that they're simply unlucky.

Scrimshaw takes Ryan
Frost takes Daniher

And hopefully Sicily is able to get back to his intercepting best. He might get Lohmann then.

Shame about Phillips, but I think it was clear he wasn't going to be picked when Mitchell said, "whether he plays or not, we know we have a good player in Phillips". Or something to that effect anyway.

Both Phillips and Serong played well against Port, so I'm sure they've been told that they're simply unlucky.

Scrimshaw takes Ryan
Frost takes Daniher

And hopefully Sicily is able to get back to his intercepting best. He might get Lohmann then.
They're good match ups. Scrim will slaughter him.

Mitchell would make the ideal sub, however his form is such that he’ll start. Once again it’ll come down to Gunston, Dear or Breust, no of whom are going to be to provide the run we need should the game get tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back