Game Day Round 12, 2018 Swans vs. Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, I've personally got nothing against gays and have relo's that are and are great people. I just don't see the need for a pride game , there has been a vote on marriage , Mardi Gra and Pride marches. Too me the MND game is a worthy cause , the indigenous game highlights a community who have massively contributed to Aussie Rules for over a century.

Im 50/50 on it. If its still a battle socially being gay then so be it, have a gay awareness round. I'd be really keen to see domestic violence and sexual assaults as issues promoted though, the statistics in these areas are a complete embarrasment to our nation.

They were selling them and the ones from last week. I do like the golf bag they have though.
Ah ok. I don't think we will be wearing the striped jumper this week. I'm pretty sure it's a merchandise item only. The golf bag does look good though! Just a shame I only get out for a hit twice a year and shoot a score across 9 holes that a decent golfer would be embarrassed with after a full round.

I'm anti anything but the indigenous round. Imo, no other group, including charities of any description, should be allowed to hi-jack a game.

I'm expecting us to win by at least 6 goals, hopefully by 10 and to crack the 100.

GO BLOODS!

It’s not hijacking anything. The players can talk about how happy they are to be a part of it but I can guarantee you they won’t give a flying hoot about gays, or their rainbow socks, while they’re playing the game. The concept is purely an off-field, fan-friendly theme. It encourages a minority that are typically isolated from sports to embrace it instead and let them know a footy match is actually a safe place for them. Hopefully it’s a themed match that won’t need to be around much longer in that regard.

IMO anything that brings more people to the footy is a great thing

I should go to this game its only a 10 minute walk from home but I have to finish this report for uni by today. It's also the perfect ground for swans brand of footy, well that and the swannery at geelong.

It’s not hijacking anything. The players can talk about how happy they are to be a part of it but I can guarantee you they won’t give a flying hoot about gays, or their rainbow socks, while they’re playing the game. The concept is purely an off-field, fan-friendly theme. It encourages a minority that are typically isolated from sports to embrace it instead and let them know a footy match is actually a safe place for them. Hopefully it’s a themed match that won’t need to be around much longer in that regard.

IMO anything that brings more people to the footy is a great thing
Matter of opinion really, I think it is hi-jacking the game. I'm well aware of the reasons for it, but there thousands of charities and causes out there and I don't believe it's up to my football club to try to influence which causes I support.

Matter of opinion really, I think it is hi-jacking the game. I'm well aware of the reasons for it, but there thousands of charities and causes out there and I don't believe it's up to my football club to try to influence which causes I support.
Well put I must say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be crucial to finishing top 4. Games against geel,wce and rich are not going to be easy

True but if we beat those teams then that's four points we get that they don't get.

As long as we win our games we will be right in the hunt

508851_4f5fb63af80636d28013ffd33f630b8c.jpeg

We're all entitled to different opinions, but LGBTI awareness is not just one of thousands of generic charities and causes. As a mainstream, male-dominated sport, Aussie rules is one particular area where this community has historically felt excluded. I can't tell you the amount of times I've heard homophobic slurs get casually thrown around at footy games in the crowd.

I think it is important to recognise 'Australia's game' as a game for all Australians. Nobody should be made to feel unsafe.

On the contrary, I feel like these recognition rounds stop the game from being hijacked by bigots, racists and homophobes who give all us footy people a bad name. What happened to Adam Goodes was abhorrent and still affects the way I see the game.

I would like to see us properly bury an opposition team for once this season. Need percentage and some street cred. Swans by 80.
Wouldn’t we all.
It’s not that we don’t bury teams, it’s that we have failed to consistently do so against bottom ranked teams, that’s the bit which is frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back