Preview Round 12: Changes V West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a slow outside mid. It is bad enough we have too many slow inside mids, we don't need slow outside mids to add on to the issues we have
He’s more a utility player that has moved to many different areas in his short career.

Scully is a fast outside player but is utterly useless. Morrison rarely puts a foot wrong, I’d rather keep developing him and drop the likes of Scully, Stratton, Shiels, Smith and Ceglar

He’s more a utility player that has moved to many different areas in his short career.

Scully is a fast outside player but is utterly useless. Morrison rarely puts a foot wrong, I’d rather keep developing him and drop the likes of Scully, Stratton, Shiels, Smith and Ceglar
Smithy has been one of our best this year and his enthusiasm is what we don't have enough of...your others I agree with

I don’t think it matters what changes we make, I think it’s obvious now we need to rebuild but Clarko just won’t do it.!
Strange post.

Can't rebuild during the season. Can only play kids.

Took 2 picks inside 30 last year....isn't that the start of a rebuild?

Why the comments that Clarko doesn't want to rebuild?

Best thing for the footy club is that we lost last night. Will spark change. Happened in 2017 when we brought Hardwick in the team and he has barely missed a game since. Ross is one that may be given a go and surprise like Hardwick did. Hardwick was looking to be delisted until he was given that shot. Let's hope we can find a gem by giving some youngsters a chance. None of us expected Day to come on so quick. The rest of the season is about seeing what is going to work and what we need to improve going into 2021. We will win against the Eagles in a similar fashion to that Adelaide game in 2017 when we were incredibly out of form.

I'd like to see
In: Ross/Walker, Howe/Jones/Cousins, Burgoyne, Patton and Hartley
Out: Smith (Inj) Shiels/Worpel (Rested), Stratton, Scully (omitted), Ceglar/BB (Managed)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best thing for the footy club is that we lost last night. Will spark change. Happened in 2017 when we brought Hardwick in the team and he has barely missed a game since. Ross is one that may be given a go and surprise like Hardwick did. Hardwick was looking to be delisted until he was given that shot. Let's hope we can find a gem by giving some youngsters a chance. None of us expected Day to come on so quick. The rest of the season is about seeing what is going to work and what we need to improve going into 2021. We will win against the Eagles in a similar fashion to that Adelaide game in 2017 when we were incredibly out of form.

I'd like to see
In: Ross/Walker, Howe/Jones/Cousins, Burgoyne, Patton and Hartley
Out: Smith (Inj) Shiels/Worpel (Rested), Stratton, Scully (omitted), Ceglar/BB (Managed)
Agree with most of what you said... Except the bit about beating the eagles... Personally i was surprised to see the Freo odds before the game... WCE will be a lay-down misere..

Main reason we are poor this year, we keep rewarding underperformers, how about rewarding some of younger players who are playing well. what’s there incentive if they are not getting a go, we have been beaten by Sydney and Fremantle who are giving their younger players a go

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab

Hawthorn FC

@HawthornFC

Clarko: We’ve always had the philosophy to not bring too many young guys in at once. We have some lads that are playing well at the level below. We don’t want to make wholesale changes, but I’d say there will be some opportunities in the next week or two.
11:41 PM · Aug 10, 2020 from Perth, Western Australia

https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref...2818422309376001&tweet_id=1292818422309376001
So this means that I would rather have senior players week in week out Not listen to me, show no effort & still we’re the Jumper next week....

https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref...2818422309376001&tweet_id=1292818422309376001

There’s a lot to consider.

Is it the age of the list?
Is it the HUB environment?
Is it the gameplan?
Is it the feeling that were dudded by the Skoda stadium games?
Is it the confidence of the group as a result of bad form?
Is it bad form as a consequence of the gameplan?

Have all of these things been a consideration at different times? I’m sure they have, and to differing degrees.

I don’t think it will hurt to get some more kids onto the list, but I also don’t think that what we are seeing is anymore a personal issue than it is above the shoulders.
I think the Hub has had a massive impact. The players know they are going to be on the road all year, living in a hotel and heaps of that time in lockdown. They are creatures of habit, and have had that taken away. Once the form dropped off, then that combined with knowing you are away from family and friends, who are doing it tough in Victoria, is going to be really difficult for them.
I would be offering the senior players with family the opportunity to head home after the WA stint and play the youngsters. Will give them exposure and benefit us next year.

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Hawthorn FC
@HawthornFC

Clarko: We’ve always had the philosophy to not bring too many young guys in at once. We have some lads that are playing well at the level below. We don’t want to make wholesale changes, but I’d say there will be some opportunities in the next week or two.
11:41 PM · Aug 10, 2020 from Perth, Western Australia

So this means that I would rather have senior players week in week out Not listen to me, show no effort & still we’re the Jumper next week....

Relax. Clarko will never just chuck all the senior players out and play only kids. He uses players to teach others.

The people still calling for Morrison to be dropped can only be doing so from a biased point of view.

Last night he had 17 touches at 75%, plus took 3 intercept marks meaning he was getting in the right positions defensively.

He was getting those touches in the back pocket and in the opposite forward flank. Was everywhere.

It won't happen I know, but I hope we make sweeping changes.

OUT:
Scully (not good enough)
TOB (not good enough)
Stratton (cooked)
Ceglar (not good enough)
Smith (injured)

IN:
Patton
Finn
Jones
CJ
Walker