Game Day Round 12 - Hawthorn v Brisbane, Sunday June 17, 1.10pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heading to the ground in about an hour and a half with a mate. Go Hawks. Will be very dissapointed if we lose this one

Bloody oath I will, danger game.

This is a danger game. That is only the second time this season I have said this so don't label me as a pessimist.

Luenberger's injury is massive for them but I still expect Hudson to get on top and if he does, they have some very handy players he can palm it down to. Brown and Merret up forward will also trouble us.

Brisbane aren't a very good side but what they are is determined. One side that will give you a nice little scare if you take them too lightly.

Reason 2 for this being a danger game is that it is the last game before the bye. That can do one of two things 1) result inthe players having one eye one next week and jogging into the break or 2) have the boys going animalistic because they know they'll have two weeks to recover.

If the latter occurs we'll win by 10-12 goals. If the former then we'll be looking at a game decided by a few goals at the most.

This can't possibly be a danger game.

Yes, every club can theoretically lose each game, but the Lions away from home aren't great, the Dees and the Dogs are the only two non-franchise teams that are worse than them and we keep talking ourselves up as a top four side.

Hawks have to win this and win this by ten goals.

If Merrett goes forward than yes he may kick a few goials, but our midfield should smash theirs and hence, Buddy and Rough should run riot.

Expecting hawks to win this one easily. IF they're serious about being a contender this year they have to really.

We are the highest scoring side in the comp so Merrett surely will play back, if not at the start then as Roughie gets hold of them.
I expect a comfortable win today.

Hoping to Gunston kick 3+ today.

This guy needs a burst of confidence - he is looking a bit lost out there. I think he'll be huge for us when e really feels as though he fits in.

Look for Puopolo to play a lock down effort on Drummond. If we can quell their rebound from him the ball will be in our half a lot more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping it's not a danger game, but I always bite my tongue when saying we should win easily. Particularly after the tigers debacle. While Tigers have gone on to prove their not a flash in the pan, Brisbane also beat the ladder leaders in their last outing. Will be an interesting one, but i'd still tip hawks by mid 30s.

Did any of our 3 emergencies play for Box Hill yeatarday? If not i hope Wanganeen is a late inclusion. :thumbsu::)

I believe Bruce and Cheney played yesterday. Didn't hear Wanganeen's name called when listening to the game. Think he's our designated match day emergency.

We are the highest scoring side in the comp so Merrett surely will play back, if not at the start then as Roughie gets hold of them.
I expect a comfortable win today.

Merrett highly unlikely to play as a defender today.

Hoping to Gunston kick 3+ today.

This guy needs a burst of confidence - he is looking a bit lost out there. I think he'll be huge for us when e really feels as though he fits in.

Look for Puopolo to play a lock down effort on Drummond. If we can quell their rebound from him the ball will be in our half a lot more.

Gunston had one of his better games for Adelaide against the Lions last season. He should be confident about this afternoon, I'd think.

Good call on Drummond.

Hoping to watch a good game of footy.

This can't possibly be a danger game.

Yes, every club can theoretically lose each game, but the Lions away from home aren't great, the Dees and the Dogs are the only two non-franchise teams that are worse than them and we keep talking ourselves up as a top four side.

Hawks have to win this and win this by ten goals.

If Merrett goes forward than yes he may kick a few goials, but our midfield should smash theirs and hence, Buddy and Rough should run riot.

Thank god for some sanity.
Surely posters claiming that this is a danger game are just trying a bit of reverse psychology on themselves?

Hawks by more than plenty and Buddy kicking his 500th goal today is in serious danger as well.

Stuck at work. :mad:

However will have me ears glued to the radio when the boss is not around.

Hoping for a good win and then the boys taking a well earned rest.

not on tele down here, so will listen to the call on the wireless :)
Hill in the vest is probably a good thing, 1 quarter burst at the end like last week. Hoping Buddy has a good day out.
I reckon all the boys will be fired up for this, knowing they have a holiday next week and then Hodge and Lewie to come back into the side against Carltank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back