Preview Round 12 v Adelaide. Ins and Outs. Franklin is back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter J - there seems to be a real feeling of upbeat on the crows board with the teams being named. Aren't you guys a little concerned about losing the experience of McLeod and Edwards? And the fact you have to travel?

LP...my apologies have only just checked the Hawks board this morning and seen your post. I see some of the Adelaide lads have answered.

I think the cause for confidence is that we know we are better than 15th, but we have just not been able to settle a side after a poor pre season and a Hawthornesque injury list circa 2009.

Having missed the start so badly we have gradually regained some form culminating in our best 4q effort for the season last week. The veterans were only ever supposed to play cameos this year, but with so many players injured or underdone, the spotlight fell on them.

I think there is cautious optimism because we know the cattle is there, and the side appears to be finally up and running...if only it was round 1!

I'm worried that this could be a last chance for Muston. If he doesn't perform and we start getting players back from injury, I reckon we will look to trade him at the end of the year. It's sad because I reckon we are playing him out of position.

I think Murphy will go to Dangerfield. Patrick is in good form, will be a big test for Tom. He might go to Taylor Walker who is in really good form at the moment. He killed us last year.

Murphy played on Walker last year and got towelled up. Don't think that will be happening again. Think Murphy will play on Petrenko or Douglas.

Its the 1st time i have felt overly confidant too about a Hawks big win, last time we played you guys down there we had no Mitchel and won by 9 goals, hopefully we can repeat that on saturday...best luck though to both sides...:thumbsu:

Apples and apples. That was over two years ago. (and the margin was 7.2 FWIW!) This week you won't have Bateman and Young, (and Crawford, for that matter). In fact, 10 of the R4 2008 players won't be there.

For the Crows, 8 changes from that team. Interestingly, the back 6 remains the same for us, and 5 of your back 6 line up again.

Last year we beat you twice, both times by 27 points. Sure, we've been playing crap lately, but we beat a top 4 team last week, and pushed another for three quarters last week, and IMO, this week's squad is the strongest of the 3 sides.

I think it will be closer than the odds suggest, especially if Porps and Tippett finally fire in unison. And watch that Walker fella, last time against you he got 7 marks, 8 kicks, career best 5.0 and 1 Brownlow vote.

Murphy will surely go to Porplysia.

I must say, even though we've struggled to punish Sydney, Richmond and Port in the last few weeks I'm struggling to see serious holes in the way we are playing apart from aroudn the ground skills/goal kicking.

I think we'll account for Adelaide but the weather/ground/conditions will keep the game close.

Tippett - Gilham
Walker - Stratton
Porplyzia - Murphy
Dangerfield - Guerra
Stevens - Schoenmakers

Sewell to go to Scott Thompson. Maybe Ladson or Ellis to Douglas.

For mine the most fascinating match up of this game (assuming they do line up on each other) is Rioli v Johncock...should be worth the admission price.

Johncock is currently in career best form and is largely responsible for us rediscovering some run...has had his injury problems which has hurt us badly. He is whitehot presently and almost needs a tag.

Of course running off Rioli is dangerous for 2 reasons, he is such a great defensive player that he is likely to chase down and tackle, and obviously he can hurt offensively if left unchecked.

This is a pivotal duel IMO with the winner having a big say in the overall result.

Apples and apples. That was over two years ago. (and the margin was 7.2 FWIW!) This week you won't have Bateman and Young, (and Crawford, for that matter). In fact, 10 of the R4 2008 players won't be there.

For the Crows, 8 changes from that team. Interestingly, the back 6 remains the same for us, and 5 of your back 6 line up again.

Last year we beat you twice, both times by 27 points. Sure, we've been playing crap lately, but we beat a top 4 team last week, and pushed another for three quarters last week, and IMO, this week's squad is the strongest of the 3 sides.

I think it will be closer than the odds suggest, especially if Porps and Tippett finally fire in unison. And watch that Walker fella, last time against you he got 7 marks, 8 kicks, career best 5.0 and 1 Brownlow vote.

Port beat us twice last year too, i just think we are better of than last season and you guys are worse off, find out in the next 24 hrs though..

Rioli hasnt really been himself for the last couple weeks, abit worried that his groin injury is starting to really impact on his form. hopefully he can turn it around this week otherwise we might see petersen go with johncock.

For mine the most fascinating match up of this game (assuming they do line up on each other) is Rioli v Johncock...should be worth the admission price.

Johncock is currently in career best form and is largely responsible for us rediscovering some run...has had his injury problems which has hurt us badly. He is whitehot presently and almost needs a tag.

Of course running off Rioli is dangerous for 2 reasons, he is such a great defensive player that he is likely to chase down and tackle, and obviously he can hurt offensively if left unchecked.

This is a pivotal duel IMO with the winner having a big say in the overall result.

Danger game. We should start favourites, but Adelaide will make it tough for us.

Happy to get the points, even it it means scrapping out a 3 point win, any way we can here.

Would much much prefer to play this game at the MCG.

Re: Changes & General Discussion - Hawks vs Crows

Why on earth did the club send out an email stating tnhat Young was right to go this weekend. They can tell the media what they like, but don't pull the wool over the members eyes..Not good enough Hawthorn..:mad:
Do they know what the word HONESTY means??? I doubt it..If there is ANY doubt about a player, don't say anything!
I agree .Hawks have always been paranoid about talking honestly publicly about the injuries.WHY!!.Its usually picked up outside the club and by club insiders as to whats happening its like some weird policy thing, trying to keep the apponants in the dark.
Its never dark when, what you put on the ground, is, what you put on the ground.

Now now Luvvy, we all share your frustration :p but we all know the mind games the club likes to play :mad:....I think Musto should play the same role this weekend and see if he can snag a couple of long bomb goals...:thumbsu:
There is no such thing as mind games. Thats just what the media like to call the "bullshit clubs throw around". They liken Sheedy and Malthouse to scientific tactitionsplaying m 'mind games" , ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ,cough choke splutter!!!!!

I reckon Walker will have a massive game for them...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladson and/or Whitecross to share forward tagging duties on Johncock IMO. Try to kick a goal, but mostly just shutdown. We've liked that type of a gamestyle against Adelaide in the past, but the shutdown has been on McLeod off halfback. Just change the target. I like it.

Schoey - Am yeah no on this guy. I assume he will take Tippet. Goo to Porps is a likely match. Will be interesting to see who goes to Dangerfield. Good looking footballer, wish we had him.

I can't see him playing on any of those 3 players. Tippett is just too big and strong, Porplysia is a small leading forward, so not really suitable, Dangerfield is very fast and a strong grab, but isn't tall and will rotate between the midfield.

We've also brought in a kid called Henderson who'd probably be a very good match up for Schoey.

Johncock is already getting due respect from you guys; keep an eye out for Richie Douglas as well. He's been the source of frustration on our board for years, always looked very talented, but rarely ever put a 4 quarter performance together, let alone one over a few weeks. Has increased his fitness this year and has been playing exclusively in the middle, and is arguably our best midfielder at present (with Scott T).

Walker is a gun, the kid is freakishly talented, if he's on, he'll kick multiple goals almost regardless of how well his opponent plays, he can make something out of nothing (check the YouTube vids on our board). Saying that, and as much as I absolutely love him, he's pretty lazy defensively. If you accept he'll kick 2-4 goals but have his opponent hurt him going the other way, it'd be a good result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back