Preview Round 12 v Adelaide. Ins and Outs. Franklin is back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both sides look pretty tidy.

Could this be one of the better 8th v 15th matches we will see?

Both sides look pretty tidy.

Could this be one of the better 8th v 15th matches we will see?

Peter J - there seems to be a real feeling of upbeat on the crows board with the teams being named. Aren't you guys a little concerned about losing the experience of McLeod and Edwards? And the fact you have to travel?

Peter J - there seems to be a real feeling of upbeat on the crows board with the teams being named. Aren't you guys a little concerned about losing the experience of McLeod and Edwards? And the fact you have to travel?

The only thing McLeod did of note last week was take a hard tag that would have gone to someone else for a half a game of football, I think he only had 9 touches for the game. Edwards played his best and final game of the season, but he did so without an opponent - for some reason Fremantle left him unattended for virtually the entire match. It hurts, but not as much as it would have even last year.

The return of Bock bolsters our defence just in time. We're going up against what still appears to be a relatively weak defence man for man with an in form Taylor Walker who kicked 5 in a half on you last year, and although Tippett had a cold week he's just too big to ignore. Scott Thompson was BOG, Richard Douglas is really turning into something, Johncock is still the best small stopper in the league, and we're doing all this with an ice cold Porplyzia.

On the other hand, your (fit) ruck lineup has managed to slide behind ours, the only player to have turned up every single week is Luke Hodge (only because Franklin seems to be suspended every second), and Roughead is in a form slump.

Given the relative states of the teams, and the result of the last meeting, it's the first game we've really been able to have some confidence about in quite a while.

The way Edwards has been playing this year (last week was an exception), I'm not too concerned about losing him. He's been a fantastic player for us over the years, but he probably went one year too many.

McLeod is a bigger loss, he's been really good for us this year, but he didn't come out in the second half last week (and was reasonably quiet in the 1st half), and we didn't fall in a heap, so that's promising :p

Travelling... well... I don't know. Can't really control or affect that, every team has to travel (well, except Collingwood...).

I think we're up beat because we've actually played some reasonable footy over the last 3 weeks, and for the first time this season. Seeing glimpses of last year. After our start this year, I'm very up beat!

On the other hand, your (fit) ruck lineup has managed to slide behind ours, the only player to have turned up every single week is Luke Hodge (only because Franklin seems to be suspended every second), and Roughead is in a form slump.

I think you'll find a midfield of Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Sewell, Burgoyne and Ellis a handful.

And Johncock can peel off Rioli at his peril..

The only thing McLeod did of note last week was take a hard tag that would have gone to someone else for a half a game of football, I think he only had 9 touches for the game. Edwards played his best and final game of the season, but he did so without an opponent - for some reason Fremantle left him unattended for virtually the entire match. It hurts, but not as much as it would have even last year.

The return of Bock bolsters our defence just in time. We're going up against what still appears to be a relatively weak defence man for man with an in form Taylor Walker who kicked 5 in a half on you last year, and although Tippett had a cold week he's just too big to ignore. Scott Thompson was BOG, Richard Douglas is really turning into something, Johncock is still the best small stopper in the league, and we're doing all this with an ice cold Porplyzia.

Given the relative states of the teams, and the result of the last meeting, it's the first game we've really been able to have some confidence about in quite a while.

Its the 1st time i have felt overly confidant too about a Hawks big win, last time we played you guys down there we had no Mitchel and won by 9 goals, hopefully we can repeat that on saturday...best luck though to both sides...:thumbsu:

Not at all convinced going into this game. Was more confident against Port for some reason.

Like CH said: I want to see Burger on a HBF & Laddo swing forward. I really like the idea of having our class players where it matters & Burger / Hodge playing off HB fills me with confidence - especially as it leaves the other to play on the ball.

Stratton to get the first shot at Walker.

Roughie to play out of the square (most obvious mystery on Earth) & stay dangerous. If he can't score then at least draw an extra defender or two through good positioning. If he is on the wing it generally means the Full Back is free in our Forward 50m... Not a great option.

From memory we were forced to play robbie campbell on walker last year, Walker kicked those 5 goals from marks on a lead, there was no midfield pressure and walker was just too quick for the big fella. Think it will be a different story this year with the midfield starting to find some form offensively and defensively and the much quicker and agile stratts to take walker.

We haven't played too well in tassie lately but really hoping to turn that around this week

Hawks to win by about 40-50 points...Burgoyne to have his best game for the club so far:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly think we'll get done this week but beat essendon the following.

plus - games at aurora suck, they are not a great spectacle.

We wont have enough drive through the middle & our forwards will be chocked for space, beyond that the skills will be poor from the shitty weather.

happy to eat my post afterwards tho :)

We wont have enough drive through the middle & our forwards will be chocked for space, beyond that the skills will be poor from the shitty weather.

I think we'll scrape across the line in a dogfight.

It will be close all day, the wet will cause a lot of errors but we will be too good/polished in the end. :thumbsu:

Also, great avatar!

Good to see Schoey back, I think he's been in the best for Box Hill every week, so he's earnt the recall. If he can start getting his hands on the ball more often, the way he generally uses it, he could cement himself in the side.

Should be a ripping game, I think both sides have valid reasons to be confident, yet I feel like it'll either be a very close game, or it'll be a blowout - and either side could win it either way.

Re: Changes & General Discussion - Hawks vs Crows

SPOT ON!

A Hawthorn side full of Collingwood 6 footers, irritates the crap out of me.

Ditto. Our team has seriously been lacking height for the past 18 months. We are going to miss the run of Young and Bateman but both players have had patchy seasons anyway.

I'd personally like to see Roughead at CHB but I know it's not going to happen so I sincerely hope he plays at CHF and not FF. Lance Franklin should be at Full Forward. He is a proven goal kicker. Playing Buddy up the ground is a waste of his immense talents. He can have 10 shots at goal if we leave him there for the entire game.

Our side looks really good and I think we should beat the Crows. We haven't consistently shown the ability to crush opposition teams so I suspect we will win by about 2 or 3 goals. Junior is due for a big game too.

Re: Changes & General Discussion - Hawks vs Crows

I hope the old adage that you start the next week the way you finish the previous one rings true for us. Would be good to get a few goals on them early and establish a decent lead, as like us, they are poor in 4th quarters.

Like the ins, particularly Schoey. I reckon he will get first crack at Walker. Porplyzia is the danger match-up for me. He hasn't been playing well this season, but lots of forwards have found form against us. Not sure who will play on him, maybe Guerra or Ladson.

Anyway I'm looking forward to this one. I think it will be tight, but hopefully we can get on top and have a comfortable win.

Could be a good chance for Musto. The crows flood deep which will allow him more time with the footy. Plus we seem obsessed by bombing it long down the line. This suits Musto's kicking skills plus he may get up for a few grabs. Just hope he has the confidence to run run run.

Schoey - Am yeah no on this guy. I assume he will take Tippet. Goo to Porps is a likely match. Will be interesting to see who goes to Dangerfield. Good looking footballer, wish we had him.

We are playing ugly but controlled footy. If it is not windy reckon we will win. A swirling win will turn the game into a raffle.

Could be a good chance for Musto. The crows flood deep which will allow him more time with the footy. Plus we seem obsessed by bombing it long down the line. This suits Musto's kicking skills plus he may get up for a few grabs. Just hope he has the confidence to run run run.

Schoey - Am yeah no on this guy. I assume he will take Tippet. Goo to Porps is a likely match. Will be interesting to see who goes to Dangerfield. Good looking footballer, wish we had him.

We are playing ugly but controlled footy. If it is not windy reckon we will win. A swirling win will turn the game into a raffle.

I'm worried that this could be a last chance for Muston. If he doesn't perform and we start getting players back from injury, I reckon we will look to trade him at the end of the year. It's sad because I reckon we are playing him out of position.

I think Murphy will go to Dangerfield. Patrick is in good form, will be a big test for Tom. He might go to Taylor Walker who is in really good form at the moment. He killed us last year.

I expect Gilham to go to Tippett. I was surprised we brought Schoey in this week, there is no good matchup for him. Perhaps he was brought in so he can play on one of the Essendon forwards next week and they felt he needs a week in the seniors to prepare...Just a thought.

Both sides are playing ugly football.

Should be a ripping game, I think both sides have valid reasons to be confident, yet I feel like it'll either be a very close game, or it'll be a blowout - and either side could win it either way.

Covering all bases here...;)

LAUNCESTON:
Forecast for Friday :
Fine and partly cloudy. Light to moderate northwest to westerly winds.

Precis Fine. Max 12

Forecast Air Quality is Good

Saturday Fine. Min 00 Max 12
Sunday Fine. Min 02 Max 14
Monday Fine. Min 01 Max 14

The weather either side is good. The ground should be dryish and sky clear. Hopefully a good day for forwards and ball handling. Predicting a big one from the twin towers this week. Yes both of them.

Yeah, right.
No rain since Tuesday should see the best surface in the competition in perfect condition. With fine weather expected there will be absolutely no excuse for poor skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back