Preview Round 13 2018: Geelong v Richmond | MCG, Sun Jun 17 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing about Conca and the fact we were a rabble when he first came into the team might have had something to do with it but initially he was one of our better skilled and decision makers in the side.

Since that time i must admit to cringing everytime he has ball in hand especially if coming from the back half as some of his brain explosions have to be seen to be believed. He is however generally good in close quarters inside packs where we have been struggling. He also at times can thread the needle to open up play albeit heart in the mouth stuff.

Some of his errors I have thought at times might have warranted the club utilising the AFL's association with OPSM and get him checked out for extreme colour blindness and or severe eyesight deterioration.

I think the key with Conca as far as coaches are concerned is to try and keep his role as simple as possible, comes across as a bit of a panic merchant at times but he has a few friends in that regard of late.
Think you're spot on. They seem to have finally realised his best position is midfield at least.

At the momemt he seems to find more ball than a lot of others. Something i think we need to work on as a group. (Our loss to crows and wce we had so much less ball)

I have no fear of losing, i think we will win every match we play it's how i roll but i also know we wont win every match. If 9-3 2nd spot and best percentage is out of form then we have a lot to look forward to this year don't we considering most teams around us on the ladder out playing out of their skins at the moment.
We weren't out of form when we got most of that percentage (Round 4-7). In fact, we looked quite scary then. It is the last month or so that we have slightly gone out of form starting with the North Melbourne game. That includes our games against North Melbourne, West Coast, St Kilda and Port Adelaide, with Essendon the only impressive game.

We better find form better than what we have produced for most of the past month or so because we have Geelong, Sydney, Adelaide, GWS, St Kilda at Etihad Stadium, Collingwood and Geelong as our next 7 games. We better get back to the Round 4-7 form or else we may end up back with the pack by the time that stretch is done.

We'll see if we learn anything from Port. And maybe Dusty does make a difference. Wild thought that one is though.
Dusty makes a difference, but it's not the loss of Dusty that hurt us. Rather it's the cumulative effect of having Dusty and Prestia out at the same time, while going in one man short in the middle (Graham). I think even having Graham in would've completely changed the way the Port game turned out.

That's not a claim to Graham being a superstar or whatever, but rather comment on our balance and structure. Much more important to get that right then have any given player in or out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ABC reporting that Prestia is out for the rest of the season and will undergo surgery to fix a troublesome calf.

Fox FM reporting that Daniel Rioli re-injured his foot in the VFL this weekend and will likely miss the remainder of the season.
Oh my! We are doomed!!!

Dusty makes a difference, but it's not the loss of Dusty that hurt us. Rather it's the cumulative effect of having Dusty and Prestia out at the same time, while going in one man short in the middle (Graham). I think even having Graham in would've completely changed the way the Port game turned out.

That's not a claim to Graham being a superstar or whatever, but rather comment on our balance and structure. Much more important to get that right then have any given player in or out.
I agree. We were playing almost as many midfielders down as we were against Fremantle at the MCG in my opinion.

In: Martin Graham Rioli Ellis Garthwaite Soldo
Out: Miles Menadue

Even though it's not the case, can't wait for the melts about Corey replacing Miles in the line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back