Game Day Round 14 Discussion - Melt Appreciation Week

How many players will you have playing AFTER trades

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your point was that 'your season is done' if that happens (too many players from 2 teams + fixture change) which is not necessarily the case. It is a convenient excuse for giving up trying for a high overall finish though.

We will never hear the end of his 2020 season ruined by Essendon and Melb.

1623974543341.png

So much revisionism and hindisght warriors in this thread right now.

R14 was my weakest bye for a long time, all the moves and trades I was making were to strengthen that bye and have an even spread. Even as far back as Dunkley being injured I brought in Zorko over others precisely for R14 coverage. Now it's poor planning to have had (outside of my control), Dusty, Short, CCJ, Zorko moved out of a potential R14 side ON top of the already missing players?

Some people :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

IIRC, most people traded CCJ in after his first game, after the fixture change was announced.
A lot of people did this - he’s a 161k rook with DPP who averaged 99 through his first 2 games - he’s a solid option on field and almost everyone will either want him to help fund their last upgrade or to keep as an F7/R3 swing for cover. I don’t think anyone playing this game is going to let him go and then find money to bring him in at 250k the week after.

This is basically sacrificing a part of a plan that would help you for the rest of the year because the AFL decided to * with the fixtures.

If O'Connor doesn't tag Bont I'll cry
A 110 or 120 from Bont is a low score these days, just not a 150+ please

I keep seeing this argument that "he can't be tagged" yet every week I watch Bont stream into goal after running down the flank by himself and there is no opposition player within 20m of him.

Very frustrating not owning that. Can coaches at least put a player in his vicinity to stop these open goals? A lot of his damage has been uncontested play. I actually think a hard tag could really limit him but it hasn't happened yet. We will see..

So much revisionism and hindisght warriors in this thread right now.

R14 was my weakest bye for a long time, all the moves and trades I was making were to strengthen that bye and have an even spread. Even as far back as Dunkley being injured I brought in Zorko over others precisely for R14 coverage. Now it's poor planning to have had (outside of my control), Dusty, Short, CCJ, Zorko moved out of a potential R14 side ON top of the already missing players?

Some people :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Same, I had it planned out quite nicely this year. With 19-20 for each bye round. You expect things like rookies being dropped/injured just when you need them to play and deal with that, but you really can't plan around a fixture change with a weeks notice. I could still scrape together 18 starters with 4 trades, but it means trading out players that I don't want to trade out and leaving myself short of trades for the final stretch which could prove even costlier than playing a few short in a week that nearly everyone is playing a few short.

Last edited:
I keep seeing this argument that "he can't be tagged" yet every week I watch Bont stream into goal after running down the flank by himself and there is no opposition player within 20m of him.

Very frustrating not owning that. Can coaches at least put a player in his vicinity to stop these open goals? A lot of his damage has been uncontested play. I actually think a hard tag could really limit him but it hasn't happened yet. We will see..
It has in previous seasons, it’s a weird one.

I have Martin, Bolton, CCJ & Short so idk wtf you're talking about!
You traded CCJ in after the fixture change was announced.
So if you had 18 for the Bye round, you had 15 after the shift and have four trades to get to 19.

We will never hear the end of his 2020 season ruined by Essendon and Melb.

View attachment 1157681
I never mentioned my team or what happened to me at all ya flog. Stop being a troll.

I said people should have learnt from Round 3 last year and not have too many players from one team while COVID is around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of people did this - he’s a 161k rook with DPP who averaged 99 through his first 2 games - he’s a solid option on field and almost everyone will either want him to help fund their last upgrade or to keep as an F7/R3 swing for cover. I don’t think anyone playing this game is going to let him go and then find money to bring him in at 250k the week after.

This is basically sacrificing a part of a plan that would help you for the rest of the year because the AFL decided to fu** with the fixtures.
I agree. Not criticising the trade in at all, I did it as well, it was an absolute no brainer. But you traded him in knowing you’d be missing him in Round 14. The round shift didn’t screw you over for CCJ.

The talk ATS was actually around the R15 Bulldogs v WC game being shifted to R13 .....meaning I would have Nic Nat at R2 for all 3 byes

View attachment 1157666

The actual announcement of the fixture change of the RICH v WC game occurred on June 6th .....Round 12 started Friday June 4th ......Matches in R12 were already in progress, my trade of Nic Nat was done B4 the announcement , which most expected would be the R15 WC v WB game

View attachment 1157677
Nah. Talk of Bulldogs vs WCE was much earlier in the week.

SuperCoach even released a statement on Friday June 4th BEFORE the round started saying that if Rich vs WCE was moved, most likely scenario was extra trades.

I agree. Not criticising the trade in at all, I did it as well, it was an absolute no brainer. But you traded him in knowing you’d be missing him in Round 14. The round shift didn’t screw you over for CCJ.
Not in isolation, no - for me personally though I planned to trade him in this week prior to the fixture change (would have been pre-third game) yet after they moved the game forward I/a lot of us had to trade him in earlier or miss the jump - like you said knowing he'd be missing this week.

If I look at both scenarios from my POV - I'm trading him in 161k either way. I still miss his first 2 scores, yet in the current scenario he's part of 20 in R13 and absent in R14 (where I'll have 16, thanks Aquaman) whereas prior to fixture change he's not even in my team in R13 (which was my worst round) and present this week which I had estimated at 19.

That's just how I view it. I personally feel these fixture changes have flow on effects especially if people have been aware of a particular week being problematic for them and have been making changes weeks in advance to try and fix it. This kind of s**t you just can't prepare for.

Not in isolation, no - for me personally though I planned to trade him in this week prior to the fixture change (would have been pre-third game) yet after they moved the game forward I/a lot of us had to trade him in earlier or miss the jump - like you said knowing he'd be missing this week.

If I look at both scenarios from my POV - I'm trading him in 161k either way. I still miss his first 2 scores, yet in the current scenario he's part of 20 in R13 and absent in R14 (where I'll have 16, thanks Aquaman) whereas prior to fixture change he's not even in my team in R13 (which was my worst round) and present this week which I had estimated at 19.

That's just how I view it. I personally feel these fixture changes have flow on effects especially if people have been aware of a particular week being problematic for them and have been making changes weeks in advance to try and fix it. This kind of sh*t you just can't prepare for.
Yeah I get the argument, but that’s the same with any player who’s on the bubble before their Bye round. Trading him in was still a choice. Could have said he looks good but I have too many missing R14 I’ll either have to skip him or pay a bit extra. People paid 190k for RCD getting him a week late. Some paid 223k for Dev Rob.

You traded CCJ in after the fixture change, so he doesn’t count. You’ve got three. And four trades.
Had Gaff and used an extra trade to get rid of him after the fixture change was announced. Substitute him for CCJ if you like. Fact is, I planned to have 4 Richmond/WCE players throughout the byes. I was well balanced, until this happened. And the 4 trades don't help unless you wanna decimate your team in the name of getting 18 for this week. Absolute bollocks to claim people who planned well for the byes haven't been affected by the change

Had Gaff and used an extra trade to get rid of him after the fixture change was announced. Substitute him for CCJ if you like. Fact is, I planned to have 4 Richmond/WCE players throughout the byes. I was well balanced, until this happened. And the 4 trades don't help unless you wanna decimate your team in the name of getting 18 for this week. Absolute bollocks to claim people haven't been affected by the change
Badly worded on my part. I didn’t mean they weren’t affected, of course they were, I meant that with two extra trades given, four per week and two weeks notice, 3 players missing could easily be covered. I was specifically referring to teams with 12,13,14 available this week. For those teams, they’d be short of 18 even if there was no fixture change and Rich and WCE were playing this week.

Had Gaff and used an extra trade to get rid of him after the fixture change was announced. Substitute him for CCJ if you like. Fact is, I planned to have 4 Richmond/WCE players throughout the byes. I was well balanced, until this happened. And the 4 trades don't help unless you wanna decimate your team in the name of getting 18 for this week. Absolute bollocks to claim people who planned well for the byes haven't been affected by the change

Of course it has an effect, i think the original point about planning is if X+RICH+WC is less than 18 then bye planning has also probably contributed to that.

Optimal bye strategy is try to get the good premiums from the first bye before the first bye and have that as your weakest bye if possible regardless of the year, of course depends on your goals you may just want certain players regardless and dont really care about the byes.

Of course it has an effect, i think the original point about planning is if X+RICH+WC is less than 18 then bye planning has also probably contributed to that.
Thanks. That was my point and considerably better worded :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back