Preview Round 15 2019: Saints vs Richmond - Sunday, 30 June, Marvel, 1.10 PM - Maddies Match Please Donate

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ins: Cotchin, Astbury, Edwards, Bolton, Soldo
Outs: Menadue, Butler, Chol, Higgins, Naish (unlucky)

B: Grimes, Astbury, Garthwaite
HB: Vlastuin, Edwards, Houli
C: McIntosh, Prestia, Ellis
HF: Baker, Balta, Rioli
F: Castagna, Lynch, Caddy
R: Soldo, Martin, Cotchin
Int: Stack, Bolton, Graham, Broad

I really hope not. I cringe any time he takes possession in any sort of congestion.
He never does. Not in congestion anyway. Instead of bending down to pick up the ball he dribble kicks it straight to the opposition!

This is a must win. The way our year has gone, lose this one and I wouldn't be surprised if we miss finals completely.

We need to win 6 of the next 9 to guarantee finals. Ideally a couple of big wins in the next 2 weeks to get our percentage back around 100 would give us a bit of wiggle room if we were to drop an unexpected one on the run home.

agree with all changes except one. Castagna stays and Menadue makes way. I think Garthwaite deserves a chance with a full compliment of a premiership defence surrounding him to help him out.

Interesting exercise for you - add Lambert, Ross, Reiwoldt and nankervis to that lineup lol

The obvious out is Soldo, then you have the following players who are on thin ice surely Rioli, Caddy, Broad/Garthwaite(i believe we'll move fwd with one of them). To a lesser extent add Baker, Balta and Ellis. Baker fully deserves his spot in the side atm, playing great football. Balta is perfect as a backup ruck but not sure of the dynamic of playing him, Reiwoldt, Lynch, Nank & Caddy. Maybe for team balance it becomes a question of Balta vs Caddy? Hopefully it can work with both of them and we have a selection headache elsewhere

We have something like 25-30 genuine AFL player ATM. If we have a full list then there will be quite a few guys worth a spot who won't be getting one.

it'll be interesting come the end of the year to see whether we make any trades or try to keep everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No news on training today and the players expected to come back? geez, for all the media saturation in AFL, they actually report * all thats relevant and good value to the average fan. For me and probably 100k+ tiger members, the number 1 thing I want to know is how our big guns are looking for a return?

3k AFL accredited journos and not 1 ******** is at punt road to give us an update. Pathetic

Last edited by a moderator:
No news on training today and the players expected to come back? geez, for all the media saturation in AFL, they actually report **** all thats relevant and good value to the average fan. For me and probably 100k+ tiger members, the number 1 thing I want to know is how our big guns are looking for a return?

3k AFL accredited journos and not 1 c0ckhead is at punt road to give us an update. Pathetic
Cotch said this morning he'll be back and 2 or 3 others. I assume that means Cotchin, Edwards, Astbury and Soldo will all come back in. Lambert maybe next week?

No news on training today and the players expected to come back? geez, for all the media saturation in AFL, they actually report **** all thats relevant and good value to the average fan. For me and probably 100k+ tiger members, the number 1 thing I want to know is how our big guns are looking for a return?

3k AFL accredited journos and not 1 c0ckhead is at punt road to give us an update. Pathetic

all the reporters are too busy fondling themselves over at the pies or dons training since they all go for either of them

We're gonna loose then go undefeated and win the flag.

nah we will lose to pies as well then someone else will knock em out for us in the finals and they'll say our flag doesn't count since we didn't have to verse them again in the finals

3k AFL accredited journos and not 1 ******** is at punt road to give us an update. Pathetic
AFL media and analysis is garbage

Watched the 17 GF again this morning, when the teams are running out on the ground they spend 5min talking about the effect of Richmond supporters booing, and the crows power stance, and all of 30sec to say the eventual norm smith medallist 'can have a big influence' and that we won't tag Sloane (which was wrong and was arguably the biggest factor in the result).

Why would we rest Balta? He's had a weeks rest with the bye, see how he goes this week than rest/omit if needed.
Being polite when I said rest. His performace at AFL is getting worse week by week. Can't mark, is not hitting the scoreboard. He needs to play at the VFL for a while. I'd keep Chol for another week & give back up ruck duties to him

When did Turner develop bone stress in his femur? Even our rookies are copping injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back