Preview Round 15 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs Collingwood, The Gabba, Friday September 4th @ 7:50 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that an old list?
Otherwise he had recovered well since Tuesday.

View attachment 948952

It’s the current injury list on the club’s website (under the ‘Matches’ tab) - perhaps they haven’t updated that particular page for a while? That’s possible.

Collingwood are always tough to beat.

Have a funny feeling that De Goey will play.

We need to shut down Crisp and Maynard’s influence, can’t let Maynard bully his way around the ground.

if we can bring the manic heat then it should be too much for an undermanned Collingwood.

PS. If the AFL is serious, Pendlebury should get a week for a dangerous tackle on Murphy. Umpire paid it as a free to Carlton for dangerous tackle.

30 second mark or so of the highlights.

Last edited:
After what I saw today, we should MURDER COLLINGWOOD.

Both teams looked very tired. Carlton more so, to be fair.

I really feel this game is just a matter of sticking with them for three quarters, because we will surely finish stronger.

lol no chance.
It was worse than the Rich incident earlier in the year.
For starters it was an actual sling.
But Dalhous got off for one that looked worse than the Pendlebury one, so God only knows.

Last edited:
It was worse than the Rich incident earlier I thought eh year.
But Dalhous got off for one that looked worse than the Pendlebury one, so God only knows.
Rich would’ve got off too had we actually appealed. Embarrassing we didn’t or refuse to.:rolleyes:

Got up straight away so would be low impact. Plus, it is a big player from Melbourne so you have to factor in the superstar discount as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we think we are a chance this year, no hope in hell we are losing this game against the pies. The pies are just hanging in IMO and if someone ( us) can actually put the foot on their throat in a first half of football ( with score board pressure) they will be shot. If ever a time to start kicking straight make it this week. PLEASE.:handok:

Rich would’ve got off too had we actually appealed. Embarrassing we didn’t or refuse to.:rolleyes:

.... Are you serious Dylan? Do you seriously think the club wouldn't appeal if they had the financial means to do so?

This is a huge game. Not because Collingwood is any good but because we need to get over the mental block of beating the Pies & Tigers.

Everytime we look a million bucks, get a prime time FTA game against Collingwood, we then s**t the bed. It has to change, we need to belt them and put the demons to bed.

PS. If the AFL is serious, Pendlebury should get a week for a dangerous tackle on Murphy. Umpire paid it as a free to Carlton for dangerous tackle.

30 second mark or so of the highlights.

Personally i don't think a suspension will happen for this incident. Dalhauss should have been suspended but nothing for Pendles here.

Dalhaus was a mind boggling decision to let him off. Must have been ex Geelong players on the panel that night. When as supporters all you want is consistency, then that decision left you gobsmacked when you viewed the incident.

I think we tend to play Oscar on the opposing No:1 ruck 90% of the time anyway, so Fullas will not be playing on Grundy for too much game time I wouldn’t think.
I agree. The main point I was trying to make was that we need to give Cream (thats the nickname the team gave him) time to develop rather than have an expectation of him thats unreasonable while he evolves into an exciting player.

d2624af58b2dc93633d037860406d0c3.jpg

Latest injury update.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good chance for the team to re-set over the past week and leading up the the Collingwood game.
Work on some areas of the game where we are lacking lately (goal kicking, defensive aspects) especially slowing down other teams run and quick ball movement from their D50.
Everything has aligned for us to have a really decent crack at Collingwood in this game, unlike the Richmond game earlier in the year.
And if we can’t out play them with their current list of players that are out then we can’t match them come finals time.
Big game this one, in the context of this season.

Last edited:
Good chance for the team to re-set over the past week and leading up the the Collingwood game.
Work on some areas of the game where we are lacking lately (goal kicking, defensive aspects) especially slowing down other teams run and quick ball movement from their D50.
Everything has aligned for us to have a really decent crack at Collingwood in this game, unlike the Richmond game earlier in the year.
And if we can’t out play them with their current list of players that are out then we can’t match them come finals time.
Big game this one, in the contest if this season.
True, we have rested up after two ordinary performances against Nth and St.Kilda. Whilst Collingwood have played off shorter 5 day breaks and have a few out. We are currently a level below Richmond, Geelong so in the context of the upcoming finals should and need to beat Collingwood this week to gain some confidence. IMO Lions will finish 2nd and play either Geelong or Richmond (who ever wins round 17 game) in first Qualifying semi at the GABBA. Hope Coleman gets a chance this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back