Autopsy Round 15: Docherty 81 - Dockery 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Missed Blake, fyfe doesn't seem too fit in..he is upsetting the flow.
Playing off the buy, bi, bye.
Banners is still the scapegoat. Fred had a quiet game.
* I hate carlton.
There supporters sound like eagles w***er supporters from the t.v.

Positives Liam has found his feet.
Tabs is back
Justin Timberlake Jt GIF by *NSYNC

Smashed in the midfield was probably the main issue, not sure why we couldn’t capitalize on periods of Darcy dominating. Defence was valiant and we are far too reliant on them pumping the ball back. Fyfe still looks weeks off anywhere near his best.

Silver lining I thought Henry looked good and probably a good wake up call to remind the squad more improvement is required to win a final at the MCG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smashed in the midfield was probably the main issue, not sure why we couldn’t capitalize on periods of Darcy dominating. Defence was valiant and we are far too reliant on them pumping the ball back. Fyfe still looks weeks off anywhere near his best.

Silver lining I thought Henry looked good and probably a good wake up call to remind the squad more improvement is required to win a final at the MCG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really hope we don't sacrifice what we have become squeezing fyfe in..he wasn't flash today

That wasn’t that bad
Score flattered them a bit
I’m not devastated, hopefully it makes us hungrier.

As much as Carlton s**t me they deserved to win , capitalised inside 50 and kept us to only 15 scoring shots

Positives

•Henry was good , great sign
•Shultz was awesome, very inspiring team-mate

Negatives

•Freddy gone back to early season Freddy , worrying.
•I’ve been thinking since the Melbourne game that Mundy needs a rest and today confirmed it
•Acres and Switta would have provided more forward entry

Hard to take a lot out of it, when so many people were off there game.

Mundy, Fyfe, Brodie worry me in the one team due to lack of defensive run and speed, and Fyfe forward is not the answer. Losing Acres, Walters and Switta make it worse.

Acres and Odriscoll back in, plus Walters and hopefully Switta will help a lot.

Don't want Logue to play back as well, makes us too slow.

Hard to take a lot out of it, when so many people were off there game.

Mundy, Fyfe, Brodie worry me in the one team due to lack of defensive run and speed, and Fyfe forward is not the answer. Losing Acres, Walters and Switta make it worse.

Acres and Odriscoll back in, plus Walters and hopefully Switta will help a lot.

Don't want Logue to play back as well, makes us too slow.
Geez, I want Logue forward to but I didn’t see any problems with our backline or Logues contribution.

While not definitive, I could be content writing this one off to the bye differential. Crap bit of fixturing (nice gift for Carltoon otoh).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got home. What's the best summary of the game?
we thought we were booked in for the annual Tiddlywinks tournament and forgot to do football instead. A bunch of players moved about a football field with the grace of a clubfooted Rhino on corona beers and a ragtag collection of miscreant misfits known as BigFooty posters spasmodically yelled through stubby-stained crumbling teeth at their Foxtel, Kayo or the shock therapy of listening to some jarring twiddlefart on the radio. Henry played well, Mundy erased 300 years of sentimentality, Fyfe tried to do Benny Hill impersonations and a crooked Carlton won to the delight of their circlejerk pimpmeisters + the grinning goons of umpires fresh from the corrupt clowns of AFL House and we went off crying into that good night like a baby Dylan Thomas stepping on some layabout Lego.

The End, goodnight xx

Last edited:
Geez, I want Logue forward to but I didn’t see any problems with our backline or Logues contribution.

Our backline was a bit slow when you've got all of Cox, Ryan, Pearce, Logue and Hughes there. Young isn't quick either.

That said, there's not really a lot we can do about it with the players we have out, chapman, acres and o'driscoll are 3 of our best running players, and we're missing them badly.

Missed Blake, fyfe doesn't seem too fit in..he is upsetting the flow.
Playing off the buy, bi, bye.
Banners is still the scapegoat. Fred had a quiet game.
* I hate carlton.
There supporters sound like eagles w***er supporters from the t.v.

Positives Liam has found his feet.
Tabs is back
TABS wouldn’t have touched it with our first 4 defenders playing.

Fyfe is done imo. So is Mundy. 4 touches at half time. That’s worrying. If he decides to attempt to get to 400 that will truly affect freo future.
Enjoy your win and move back to your board mate. You were seriously embarrassed last week in all facets of the gamer and you had to bounce back, we enjoyed Netflix and basking in the bye and it showed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back