Autopsy Round 15 - GWS Giants v Hawthorn @ Spotless, Saturday 30 June 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

What a night. Great atmosphere at spotless especially once it got close. It really felt like there was more than 10k people though

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I thought the same. Seemed to be more than the Bombers game. Credit to the Hawks supporters for making themselves noticed ed I guess. Ours were great in response when the chanting match started in the last QTR. In previous years it felt like we didn't compete as a crowd at Spotless.

What a night. Great atmosphere at spotless especially once it got close. It really felt like there was more than 10k people though

Was saying the same on the way home, the crowd felt a lot bigger, and way more vocal than normal

Gee the midfield really showed itself to be that dominant force people worry about today

Smoked them in clearances and really dominated around the ground

We we’re still poor up front but I spose of u take the best 2 forwards out of any team that happens. That’s said we did better tonight in locking the ball in/ getting repeat entries

Midfield frequency stats for the match. If you missed my Rd 10 post, this is a summary of who was lining up as one of your 5 mids at each centre bounce.

There were 28 bounces

Kelly 23 (15w, 8i)
Shiel 22 (16i, 6w)
Ward 21 (12i, 9w)
Coniglio 20 (19i, 1w)
Tomlinson 18 wing
Hopper 18 (17i, 1w)
Taranto 13 (12i, 1w)
de Boer 2 wing
Reid 2 (1w, 1i)
Whitfield 1 wing

Rucks:
Simpson 23
Patton 3
Ward 2

Notes:
- First game from 7 analysed (Rds 7, 9-12, 14-15) this season where Taranto has finished outside your top 6 mids - last game he was equal leader with Kelly.
- Interesting Ward was used as the back-up ruck after Patton's injury as taller players Himmelberg & Tomlinson have been utilised as centre square rucks since Lobb's injury.

I don't come to this board at all really, what was the trade?
There was some discussion (amongst Giants posters) about needing a better backup ruck than Dawson Simpson; someone suggested Nathan Vardy at WCE, and a Giants poster asked on their board what they might want for Vardy: the answer being 'Sam Taylor'. Just the usual 'spud for talent trade' suggestion on BF. I think we've worked out pretty quickly what a talent Sam Taylor is, and we wouldn't be swapping him for a backup ruckman.

There was some discussion (amongst Giants posters) about needing a better backup ruck than Dawson Simpson; someone suggested Nathan Vardy at WCE, and a Giants poster asked on their board what they might want for Vardy: the answer being 'Sam Taylor'. Just the usual 'spud for talent trade' suggestion on BF. I think we've worked out pretty quickly what a talent Sam Taylor is, and we wouldn't be swapping him for a backup ruckman.
Strangely the vitriole on this board comes from people who demanded we sack Leon and trade half our list a few weeks ago. My personal favourite was the suggestion we send Toby for surgery, presumably whether he needs it or not, though. That opens up a real can of worms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if it was an Eagles fan making such a suggestion, that is acceptable. I thought GWS supporters wanted to trade away Taylor, which is crazy. Taylor in combination with Hayes will be amazing long term. I'm also very surprised with the development of Corr in the back half.

Well if it was an Eagles fan making such a suggestion, that is acceptable. I thought GWS supporters wanted to trade away Taylor, which is crazy. Taylor in combination with Hayes will be amazing long term. I'm also very surprised with the development of Corr in the back half.

One seemed to think it was reasonable.

Best young defender at the club although Corr is growing with every game.

Gee the midfield really showed itself to be that dominant force people worry about today

Smoked them in clearances and really dominated around the ground

We we’re still poor up front but I spose of u take the best 2 forwards out of any team that happens. That’s said we did better tonight in locking the ball in/ getting repeat entries
Yep but you know what I love. Imagine if we kicked just a few more of those 17 behinds. Suddenly almost a 40 point win

They can always kick straighter and that was the only thing wrong

Still not convinced on Leon.

No anger just an opinion(if still allowed).

Anyone who thinks we trade Taylor is nuts.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Is it interesting that he is still coaching from the bench.

I have two trains of thoughts

1. We were going down fast and the first game he coached from the bench we won and have not lost since. So leon is superstitious

Or

2. There is truth to the rumour he does not get on with the guys in the box currently and has been told to coach from the bench

Remove this Banner Ad

Back