Round 16 - Frankston v Box Hill, 15 July 2012, 2.00pm @ Frankston Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

We have no backup Tall forwards on our list all the forwards we have are playing for Hawthorn.
Although the forward issue is significant. I feel there is a more pressing need in the midfield.
We do not have any midfield depth currently. With ossie and bateman on the sidelines and hill in the firsts there is no guts and outside run
This is pronounced against the better sides when schneider get payed a lot more attention.

P.S I forgot to mention Ellis yes yes i know he is always injured.

Losing Sam Gibson & Cam Pederson in recent years has really hurt the club.

We looked to have recruited excellently for 2012, with Beau Muston, Will Johnson, Danny Hughes, Marc Lock, Matt Jones, Max Otten, Matthew Scott, Kalem Post, Daniel Pratt & Tom Gordon. Injuries and poor form have prevented all but Pratt, Scott & Jones from having a meaningful impact.

Losing Sam Gibson & Cam Pederson in recent years has really hurt the club.

We looked to have recruited excellently for 2012, with Beau Muston, Will Johnson, Danny Hughes, Marc Lock, Matt Jones, Max Otten, Matthew Scott, Kalem Post, Daniel Pratt & Tom Gordon. Injuries and poor form have prevented all but Pratt, Scott & Jones from having a meaningful impact.
Danny Huges has been a big loss. he knows how to play forward and leads hard towards the ball. With Pattison out injured for parts as well we have had no hit up target coming out of the forward line

What's up with Grim? Is he really that bad?

I think his confidence is shot ATM.

Having byes in the DS like last week, as well as far too many breaks in the seniors is not allowing him and some of the other kids to get consistent game time to build fitness, form and ultimately confidence.

Agree probably need a potiental tall forward in this draft and more midfield depth (although Bateman should be back soon). Lack of tall forward depth did make me wonder if Gilham might of got a game today and throw The Cobbler forward to have a bit of a week off forward incase we need that later in the year.

Anyone planning on attending this game? It might be a problem getting match reports due to the wisdom of the VFL in drawing us to play up against Hawthorn.

Today's side may look a little like this (assuming there's no late changes for Hawthorn).

B Duryea Gilham Kelly
HB Thompson Boumann Litherland
C Gilchrist Savage Johnson
HF Muston Frank Hughes
F Lowden Pattison Pratt
R Bailey
RR Hallahan
R Schneider
Int Tobin Northe Graham*
Lock Jones Purcell X. Murphy Fagan Cust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey kicked the first, soccer goal in the square. He just took a mark in the forward 50 but missed the set shot.

Lowden, Bailey and Hallahan involved early.

BH 8 - Frankston 1

Lowden and Hallahan working well at the stoppages. Hallahan playing extremely well.

Pattinson contested mark in the forward 50. Kicks truly.

BH 32 - Frankston 1

Frankston trying to nullify Lowden and Bailey by having a 3rd man up.

Poor kick by Muston coming out of defensive 50 results in a turnover and opposition goal.

BH 36 - Frankston 15

Goal of the year by Amos. Receives a great handball from Lowden on the boundry, who then weaves in and out of about 5 Frankston players to kick the goal on his left. Stunning goal.

BH 42 - Frankston 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back