Round 16 - Frankston v Box Hill, 15 July 2012, 2.00pm @ Frankston Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Another 36 minute last quarter! Do Box Hill have someone in the timebox to press the siren? it wasn't as close as the game against Willie but the quarter went on and on and on..which is the reason why Muston took the ball out in those last minutes.

With the development squad to answer your question Convert I just thought we wasted the ball in the 3rd quarter with the wind. Our lead was not big enough at 3/4 time to win as Frankston were always going to kick 5 to 6 goals (sorry I haven't looked at the final posted results as I could be wrong) in the last quarter. We had enough of the ball in the 3rd on our 50 metre zone but could convert enough.

Bloody Franka , always seem to make life tough for us .....
Baily .....He's ready and has without a dought added strings too his bow , clunking and kick'n goals is something we are not use to but he's doin it ....:) He and Hale will be a weapon going Fwd .
Duryea's use by foot still stands out , but he must get rid of the small brain fades ...
Boumann was good down back , still finding touch and fitness .
Hill worked hard but looked both tired and sore .
Tommy was Tommy , just wish he would hit the ruck contest with moment'm instead being flat footed some times .

Are we up for a fine for playing Gilham for Hill when Hill was named in the original 22?

Gilham was an emergency for the Hawthorn game. No fine should be paid.

Travelled to Frankghanistan.
Bunch of Bogons on the hill I wanted to stab in the neck with my pen.

Spoke to Alex Woodward & said he is running and cannot wait to play again. Great young man. I mentioned Boseley
and he said he will fill out quite quickly. Also said Boseley will be having shoulder
surgery this week.

Guest appearance - Lachie Whitfield. Checking out his new Hawk teammates.
Wishful thinking, probably watching his cousin Jordan Kelly.

Schneider - really impressed with this guy, always amongst it, just lacks that
Bit of polish and decision making (AFL ready)

Hallahan - cut from the cloth of Luke Hodge, tough as nails, loves the physical
Stuff. Hate to be tackled by him. Like Schneider just lacks that finish sometimes
(confident he will make it)

Boumman -serviceable down back

Hill - a few cameo runs but overall quiet

Wanganeen -didn't play

Savage - not there (maybe at Etihad)

Lowden - like Boumman he was serviceable just doesn't seem to impose
Himself on the game. For a 7ft giant he should dominate ruck taps
And provide a constant target around the ground.

Bails - good comeback game. Rucked well, lead well out on the ground talking
constantly to the boys. Took quite a few grabs & follows up his ruck work.
My only gripe with him & Lowden - for guys so tall, just tapping the ball down
to their toes baffles me.

Amos - few cameo appearances but overall quiet

Muston - good game by ex Hawk

Pattison - have never been a fan but liked his game today

Xavier Murphy (23) very happy with his game

Kelly - serviceable game puts his body on the line

Development game

Grimley - played down back - just OK - should dominate at this level
but doesnt (treading water)

Northe (20) like the look of this kid

Just my thoughts from today

Lowden - like Boumman he was serviceable just doesn't seem to impose
Himself on the game. For a 7ft giant he should dominate ruck taps
And provide a constant target around the ground.

Bails - good comeback game. Rucked well, lead well out on the ground talking
constantly to the boys. Took quite a few grabs & follows up his ruck work.
My only gripe with him & Lowden - for guys so tall, just tapping the ball down
to their toes baffles me.

Hawthorn have reverted back to the "controlled" target tap-zones (essentially controlling the ball to fall within 2m of the ruckman), and I'd suggest both these guys are training in order to run the Hawthorn setups if need be.

Perhaps this is why there is a seeming under-utilisation of their abilities

Xavier Murphy looks to have some talent. Havent seen him play live so for those that have - what is his legspeed like? Appears to lack a bit of zip but more than makes up for it with smarts. Plus he does seem to have a super competitive streak which would hold him in good stead at any level.

Hallahan needs to improve 2 things - his kicking and his tank. He is already a good blocker and can take and dish out the hits. Once he gets a good string of games together I think we will see him improve nicely. May not be this year though but he is not without a chance of playing this year.

Great write ups by all.

A trend I seem to be noticing in the reports is that when BHH play a low side like your Frankstons and NB's, players like Hallahan, Litherland, Duryea, etc get well rated by posters and it's said that they have a future with the club, but when BHH play a good side they don't seem to get the same quality in their report.

Is it just me who sees this or are others getting the same feel? I only get to 1 or 2 BHH games a year because i live interstate so I rely on these reports for updates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A trend I seem to be noticing in the reports is that when BHH play a low side like your Frankstons and NB's, players like Hallahan, Litherland, Duryea, etc get well rated by posters and it's said that they have a future with the club, but when BHH play a good side they don't seem to get the same quality in their report.

Is it just me who sees this or are others getting the same feel? I only get to 1 or 2 BHH games a year because i live interstate so I rely on these reports for updates.

Box Hill can be really be monstered by bigger teams such as Bendigo, Geelong, etc and therefore personal performances can vary a lot.

OK has anyone looked at the highlights of the Box Hill V Frankston game on the Hawks website?

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4742/newsid/141569/default.aspx

Do yourself a favour and look at one of the goals by Amos...from memory, Max Bailey contests a mark, gets off a handpass while on his back on the turf, another handpass goes to Amos who then goes on this mad weaving run, bounced the ball a couple of times and slots it through!

An amazing goal...it makes you just pray that he stays around for a couple of seasons and gets a chance to play in the AFL.

OK has anyone looked at the highlights of the Box Hill V Frankston game on the Hawks website?

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4742/newsid/141569/default.aspx

Do yourself a favour and look at one of the goals by Amos...from memory, Max Bailey contests a mark, gets off a handpass while on his back on the turf, another handpass goes to Amos who then goes on this mad weaving run, bounced the ball a couple of times and slots it through!

An amazing goal...it makes you just pray that he stays around for a couple of seasons and gets a chance to play in the AFL.

The handball was from Lowden.. Max is number 70. Lowden 39.

I was there at Frankston to see that goal. Needless to say the crowd was amazed.

Amos is one of those players that could literally be anything..

Aah, you can see my confusion!

Haha I think a few people get confused when they see Lowden and Max together.

Max played extremely well for his first-game back. Needs to improve his ruckwork, but he played excellently and provided a great target around the ground, particulary up forward. Will be closely montioring his progress over the next few weeks.

For more information about Box Hill, please see our dedicated Box Hill Hawks board, which is in this direction. In particular, you can go through the match thread here.

Your friendly Box Hill Hawks moderator.

I like the fact Box Hill are getting a good viewing on HFC website.

Big Max's legs have gone from toothpicks to matchsticks and probably are at drinking straw size now. Moving well.
Adam Pattison has been great at Box Hill. He certainly offers plenty at VFL level.

Bad injury news for Box Hill with Grimley (5-6 weeks), Frank (2-3), Boseley (season), Wanganeen (1 week), according to the HFC site.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back