Autopsy Round 18, 2020: The Stratton and Poppy show dials down the Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Bookies did me a massive favour today. Literally have no idea how Suns were favourites. I was supremely confident.

Equal leader in footy tips at work but co-leader had the edge with points margin tie breaker. I needed an upset this round knowing he'd stay with the odds and play safe.

Hawks win and a 1 tip lead now. 3 more games to navigate.

As for the game, was completely devoid of pressure. Real circle work stuff... but it was a nice bit of fun after a s**t season and enjoyable to see Poppy and Strats both have their moments. Enjoy the next phase lads and thanks for your very large contribution to the HFC success of the past decade.

Finally something to smile about as a hawthorn supporter, the Stratton goal, Pop snagging a couple and a win to finish a terrible season. Sent 2 champions off the right way. Hoping now for a miracle Sydney victory to make an epic Sunday.

Never thought I’d say this, but congrats to David King on his commentary of the situation. Despite some ordinary punditry over the years, I think he summed it up well and added to the moment.
Great way to send off 2 absolute warriors
No doubt he had a few bob on stratts anytime goalscorer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never thought I’d say this, but congrats to David King on his commentary of the situation. Despite some ordinary punditry over the years, I think he summed it up well and added to the moment.
He couldn't have spoken better about Clarko and the club, could he? Nice to hear...

Perfect way to end the season. Every guy played their part, our two retiring premiership heroes kicked goals and were given the perfect send off. Not the year we wanted but days like today are why we love this great club :)

I'm not a fan of King or Dwyane but they both were very respectful and full of genuine praise for us today.
Respect.

Culture.

I love this club ❤❤❤, so much.

I might be reading too much but you can see the Suns players bit jealous with it. They've seen it last year with Roughy's farewell game and then this game.

Yes we need skilful footballer but culture can take you so much ahead.

Wasn't the best season, but winning big on your last game means you're looking forward for the next season already 🙂.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back