Preview Round 18 Adelaide vs Richmond, Adelaide Oval, 4.40pm Adelaide time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage I'd go with Chol and Ross or Aarts out, Bolton & Prestia in. Caddy playing 3rd fwd. Lynch giving Nank a chop out in the ruck or rucking inside 50 so nank doesnt have to cover as much ground. Im a fan of Chol but not sure he has the intensity for finals yet. Would love to see him stand up tomorrow and demand a spot in the best 22, that will throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

Big big game for a number of players. Aarts, Caddy, Chol, Ross, Pickett, Astbury maybe even throw Macca in that group. They'd all want to leave nothing out there.

Kmac is a lock on the wing, not going anywhere. Been very important for us I feel.

They had a good win against GWS, have won three in a row.
That was probably the most impressive of the three wins.
They had Brad Crouch as a defensive side mid, Rory Laird as pure centre mid, and Matt Crouch as lateral to wing mid.
Laird outstanding with 11 clearances.
49 to 26 inside 50s overall.

With all the kerfuffle over Rance and with Grimes plus Balta now, it's easy to forget how good Astbury is.

Was probably in our top 3 best performing players until he hurt himself, and thats when we were playing crap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont get this. Astbury is not replacing Markov surely. We have 3 injured players and 3 players come in - Astbury, Shedda and Chol. If anything if Markov is dropped it would be to bring in Caddy.
You gotta think about where they play though. We're unlikely to play eight defenders, and Caddy has a lot more runs on the board as a forward than Markov.

Astbury replaces Markov
Chol replaces Soldo
Caddy replaces Lunch
Shedda replaces Bolton

he’s 27
27 and slow as a truck.
Played some good footy as a medium forward previously but its a tough position to come back and play after hes missed most of the year.

You gotta think about where they play though. We're unlikely to play eight defenders, and Caddy has a lot more runs on the board as a forward than Markov.

Astbury replaces Markov
Chol replaces Soldo
Caddy replaces Lunch
Shedda replaces Bolton
yeah but I think they'll mix it up a bit - I think Chol will play mostly up forward as second tall and chop out Nank in the ruck. That way we dont need Caddy to replace Lynch. I just dont know where Caddy fits

Caddy has lost his spot on the wing, I think his spot now is HF or even FP. One of the problems we've had this year (until the past few games) is the small forwards not getting enough of the ball. In the past we had Townsend to bash oppo defenders out of the way. That's the role I would ask of him, though our small forwards have grown an extra leg the past few games.

Markov has been great for run and carry and would be stiff to be dropped. Sometimes though it's all about week by week matchups and not form.

Was probably in our top 3 best performing players until he hurt himself, and thats when we were playing crap
astbury is such a great, reliable player...and for those under 40ish you may not remember chris mew in the hawks great era of premierships and star studded teams, mew would go about his business quietly destroying and nullifying big dangerous forwards...dave is just like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back