Preview Round 2, 2020: GWS vs North Melbourne, Giants Stadium, Sunday June 14th 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the most difficult question for selection this year I think.

Cumming could not have done any more in pre season and Rd 1. My view is he must play.

They are surely competing for the same spot?
Those 2 and A Kennedy for 2 spots for me.

Rewatching the rnd 1 game on the Weekend, Heath Shaw coughed up some ball and also took other options that put us under pressure which led to turnovers a possession or so later.
He did a bit of that last year as well. My view he has taken more risk in the past than most as he had the skill ot do so and that opend it up for us. Now he is starting to decline with age (father time is undefeated) that aggressive options is not quite working as much.
Do people think he is any chance to miss?

Based on Rnd 1, he was definitely out performed by Cumming, Kennedy, Llyod and Green who seem to be the guys in danger of missing.

I also wonder if we will see any players available fo rnd 1 that werent selected make their way in (Hill, Caldwell and hately the most likely)
I hope the club has matured and we see a more ruthless approach to selection from 2020.
The 2017 PF and 2019 GF saw underdone players exposed on the expanse of the MCG.
I appreciate the temptation to reward loyalty and past great deeds, but draw the line when a player is past it or unfit.
Shaw has been fantastic however he declined significantly last year.
If it’s time for renewal on the field, hopefully Shaw will stick around in a coaching and mentoring capacity.

giphy.gif

Anyone else got their confirmation for Sunday ?

Everyone is split into different rooms. They are catered, but not allowed to leave the room, and must prove you habe the Covid safe app on your phone haha

Im in the playfair room north by the looks.

Anyone else in there with me

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone who gets denied access by the venue because they don't have the app should bring the law to the venue's attention

(2) A person commits an offence if the person:

(a) refuses to enter into, or continue, a contract or arrangement with another person (including a contract of employment); or

(c) refuses to allow another person to enter:

(i) premises that are otherwise accessible to the public; or

(ii) premises that the other person has a right to enter; or

(d) refuses to allow another person to participate in an activity; or

(f) refuses to provide goods or services to another person, or insists on receiving more monetary consideration for the goods or services;

on the ground that, or on grounds that include the ground that, the other person:

(g) has not downloaded COVIDSafe to a communication device; or
(h) does not have COVIDSafe in operation on a communication device; or
(i) has not consented to uploading COVID app data from a communication device to the National COVIDSafe Data Store.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else got their confirmation for Sunday ?

Everyone is split into different rooms. They are catered, but not allowed to leave the room, and must prove you habe the Covid safe app on your phone haha

Im in the playfair room north by the looks.

Anyone else in there with me

I got the RSVP as well, Playfair north. I'm not exactly the most fanatical member so I'm considering it an unexpected bonus. I don't know about the food situation, is food available, or do you need to bring some?

I got the RSVP as well, Playfair north. I'm not exactly the most fanatical member so I'm considering it an unexpected bonus. I don't know about the food situation, is food available, or do you need to bring some?
I believe its provided hence why they asked for dietary requirements i think

Well done to everyone who got a ticket to the match. Unfortunately not me :huh: .

Good to see Callan back - rip in big fella! Very happy that Zaccy is back also. Have to wait until tomorrow for the final players, but happy to see all of Green, Hately & Caldwell pressing close. Would have liked Ash to have been in that mix too, ah well, can't have everyting.

Go GIANTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back