Preview Round 2, 2021: Hawthorn v Richmond, 28 March 2021, 1.10pm @ Melbourne Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Same with my 11 game)
Only a single free seat on level 4 but you can buy up to 6 on lower levels if you pay a few bucks

Sam Mitchell’s box hill report could not be more positive about lewis:

He was the dominant man on the field. He kicked 2.2 but that doesn't reflect his influence on the game. I thought he was a big, physical presence in the air and on the ground. He was able to have three or four score assists and just about everything he touched turned into a score for us. It was a really pleasing game from him and his leadership and influence on the game to drive our standards was also very good."

Does it sound better than cegs is my question?

He was the dominant man on the field. He kicked 2.2 but that doesn't reflect his influence on the game. I thought he was a big, physical presence in the air and on the ground. He was able to have three or four score assists and just about everything he touched turned into a score for us. It was a really pleasing game from him and his leadership and influence on the game to drive our standards was also very good."

Kind of not relevant how he plays as a forward if Clarko insists on two ruckman. Except in the case he dislodges Kosi or tob. Yet to see any sign Clarko will stray from the 2ruck-2forwaed model. I don’t think you need two rucks but Clarko clearly does 👍

Last edited:
hawthorn.jpg

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Keegan Brooksby Ankle 2-3 weeks
James Cousins Foot Test
Jack Gunston Back 4-6 weeks
Seamus Mitchell Ankle Indefinite
Jon Patton Club investigation Indefinite
Jack Scrimshaw Knee Test
James Sicily Knee Indefinite
Chad Wingard Calf 1-2 weeks
Updated: Tuesday, March 23

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kind of not relevant how he plays as a forward if Clarko insists on two ruckman. Except in the case he dislodges Kosi or tob. Yet to see any sign Clarko will stray from the 2ruck-2forwaed model. He don’t think you need two rucks but Clarko clearly does 👍
I reckon it’s just as much about prolonging BB’s career as it is a philosophy about 2 rucks. They clearly don’t want him doing anymore than half the ruck work if they can so just getting a pinch hitter to do the rest probably ain’t gonna cut it.

Could we drop Cegs and play Lewis, Kosi and TO up forward with TO giving McEvoy a rest in the ruck?

I want Lewis in the side but I don’t want to drop Kosi. His defensive efforts were great on the weekend and he’ll only improve with more AFL exposure. That being said I don’t think we can play three talls + two rucks. We did in our Premiership years but our talls were some of the most mobile in the game.

In the long term I’d consider dropping Ceglar but he hasn’t been bad and from all reports Clarkson seems to value the two-ruck setup. Unfortunately I think that means Lewis might miss again despite the glowing review.

hawthorn.jpg

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Keegan BrooksbyAnkle2-3 weeks
James CousinsFootTest
Jack GunstonBack4-6 weeks
Seamus MitchellAnkleIndefinite
Jon PattonClub investigationIndefinite
Jack ScrimshawKneeTest
James SicilyKneeIndefinite
Chad WingardCalf1-2 weeks
Updated: Tuesday, March 23
That injury list is just rubbish. Scrimshaw and Cousins played on the weekend without any sign of re-injury, so why are they listed as a test??

I want Lewis in the side but I don’t want to drop Kosi. His defensive efforts were great on the weekend and he’ll only improve with more AFL exposure. That being said I don’t think we can play three talls + two rucks. We did in our Premiership years but our talls were some of the most mobile in the game.

In the long term I’d consider dropping Ceglar but he hasn’t been bad and from all reports Clarkson seems to value the two-ruck setup. Unfortunately I think that means Lewis might miss again despite the glowing review.

I can see ceglar being dropped for Lewis, and obrien being the second ruck

That injury list is just rubbish. Scrimshaw and Cousins played on the weekend without any sign of re-injury, so why are they listed as a test??
May have picked up another niggle or knock.

May have picked up another niggle or knock.
Watched the AIA Vitality injury update and Luke Boyd said Scrimshaw was available last week (which is obvious as he played for Box Hill) and pulled up well. Not listed on our injury list nor should he be. Definite in for me this week to replace Howe. Would play Downie at the G but not sure who he replaces?

This is a Hawthorn discussion board for Hawthorn fans, and the expectation is that all Hawthorn fans should post with respect towards our players whether they are stars or fringe players.

Its really not that hard to be respectful of the people who are actually out there wearing the jumper.

We have family of current players, friends of current players and even past players who read here, so if you can't post about a HFC listed player without insulting them or calling them names, maybe this board is not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back