Preview Round 2, 2021: Hawthorn v Richmond, 28 March 2021, 1.10pm @ Melbourne Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity regarding Wingard did he suffer a setback at any point with the calf ? Think Sidebottom hurt his about 2 weeks later and he played on Thursday night.

Out of curiosity regarding Wingard did he suffer a setback at any point with the calf ? Think Sidebottom hurt his about 2 weeks later and he played on Thursday night.
Are you assuming the same grade of injury and the same injury history?

no advertised setback or anything hinted at by the training reporters. I suffered a lowgrade calf injury which healed as expected but for reasons unclear both my calves have tightened right up. So I did a bunch of stretching and strength exercises and now I can start running again. We are trying to stop it happening again rather than just getting me back running. I’m guessing wingard, with his history is being treated to improve his calves to avoid future injuries. Or maybe his was just a much worse injury 🤷‍♂️

What's with all this Nash talk? Surely he's not in the frame?

I don't even have him inside my best XXXV these days.

Or are people just throwing names around for matchups?
Played well in the VFL practice match against the *. No harm in speculating.

Played well in the VFL practice match against the *. No harm in speculating.
He also played well against north. So good preseason form. His athleticism is still a tantalising prospect but you have to think it is now or never for him. If he puts the form on the board and is a better choice than others he should get a game.

The only thought i had as if there was a switcheroo with Downie

He kicked two goals last week, skilful with some X factor, beautiful kick, good in the air for his size and applies pressure. After losing Cyril couple of years ago and Poppy last year Hawks need to find a couple of quality small forwards for the future. He needs to play!

Assuming Scrimshaw is the only inclusion and Downie goes out, that means Downie, Lewis, Cousins, Greaves, Bramble, Hartley, Nash, Maginness, Pepper, Morris, Reeves, Grainger-Barras, Jeka and Saunders are all set to play in the VFL tomorrow. That just leaves Seamus Mitchell as the only player outside the best 22 that is out injured.

The only thought i had as if there was a switcheroo with Downie
Tbh I can't see it happen- if Downie were to come in I can't see him taking the place of Brocky. Brocky I think will get at least four or five games in a row before he might get a spell in the magoo's.

Are you assuming the same grade of injury and the same injury history?

no advertised setback or anything hinted at by the training reporters. I suffered a lowgrade calf injury which healed as expected but for reasons unclear both my calves have tightened right up. So I did a bunch of stretching and strength exercises and now I can start running again. We are trying to stop it happening again rather than just getting me back running. I’m guessing wingard, with his history is being treated to improve his calves to avoid future injuries. Or maybe his was just a much worse injury 🤷‍♂️

The Hawks stated it was minor at the time of injury, hence I thought it was a reasonable question to ask.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unchanged doesn't surprise me- am very interested to see how our BHH goes tomorrow considering they'll have so much of our depth/youngsters with them.

I would have thought Scrimshaw's vision and decision making, plus his underrated overhead marking, would have been useful against a side that relies on pressure and errors through the midfield and scoring on transition?

He's an emergency so he would have ticked enough of the fitness boxes to be worthy of playing at either level, so I guess he needs to give XEllis a call to get those incriminating photos if he wants to play some games.

...Could be the sub, though.

I would have thought Scrimshaw's vision and decision making, plus his underrated overhead marking, would have been useful against a side that relies on pressure and errors through the midfield and scoring on transition?

He's an emergency so he would have ticked enough of the fitness boxes to be worthy of playing at either level, so I guess he needs to give XEllis a call to get those incriminating photos if he wants to play some games.

Yeap. Surprised he isn’t picked in the 22.

And if he is the sub tomorrow and doesn’t come on, he misses some much needed run he could have had at BH to prove himself and hence probably wouldn’t get picked next week.

Prefer him over CJ in this game. The Dons are a team of kids and we could easily have been rolled.

Really surprised Scrimshaw isn't in. I assume he'll be the sub.

But a one point win against this Essendon side shouldn't be no-change worthy. At least get Scrimshaw in who is certainly a best 22 player.

Essendon went unchanged also, I suppose both teams felt good as it was a close game, reality is it was very likely just two bottom 4 sides going at it though. Round 2 sees both pitted against quality opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back