VFL Round 2 - Essendon vs Collingwood at Windy Hill (Pies lost 38-118, replay in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
When and Where:
1:00pm this Sunday at the Essendon Cricket Ground.

Broadcast:
Video - Streaming LIVE on vfl.com.au from 12:45pm (at this console), full video replay available Sunday evening. Also streaming LIVE on YouTube (at this link) from 12:55pm, full replay available Sunday evening.

Radio - Streaming LIVE on VFL Radio (at this link), on digital radio SEN 2 and through the Red Time Sport iPhone app from 12:45pm.

Internet - Score updates at Nick's Bulletin Board and on Twitter at @VFLPies, game chat in this thread.

Replay:

Team:
B: Jackson Ramsay, Lachlan Keeffe, Matthew Scharenberg
HB: Adam Oxley, Lynden Dunn, Ben Crocker
C: James Aish, Rupert Wills, Daniel Wells
HF: Jordan De Goey, Chris Mayne, Jarryd Blair
F: Josh Daicos, Jesse White, Callum Brown
Foll: Mason Cox, Josh Smith, Josh Thomas
Int (from): Sam McLarty, Liam Mackie, Max Lynch, Gus Borthwick, Lachlan Tardrew, Michael Chippendale, Alex Woodward, Jordan Collopy, Stephen Tahana, Jordan Kelly, Nick Gray, Lachlan Howe, Marty Hore

Getting There:
Car
- Located at the intersections of Napier and Brewster Streets and Napier and Raleigh Streets, Essendon. Limited parking available along Napier, Raleigh and Brewster Streets immediately around the ground. Parking also available at the nearby Essendon and Glenbervie railway stations.

Public Transport
- Take the Craigieburn railway line train to either Essendon or Glenbervie railway stations. Short walk either north or south along Napier Street to the ground.

- Take the Route 59 tram (Airport West - Flinders Street Station, City) to stop 41 (Essendon Station/Mount Alexander Road). Short walk north across Mount Alexander Road and along Napier Street to the ground.

- Take the Route 501 (Moonee Ponds - Niddrie via Strathmore) or Route 503 (Essendon - East Brunswick via Albion Street) buses to the Napier Street/Raleigh Street interchange stop. Short walk north along Napier Street to the ground. Alternatively, you can ride the Route 503 bus one stop further and alight at the Brewster Street stop right outside the gate.

(PTV Journey Planner)

Admission:
- Adult: $10
- Concession/Pensioner: $5
- Children 15 & under: FREE

Where They Sit:
Essendon: 10th (0 wins, 1 loss, 91.03%)
Collingwood: 6th (1 win, 0 losses, 103.23%)

Last Time They Met:
Round 3, 2016 at Victoria Park
Collingwood 7.6.48, def by
Essendon 20.13.133

Head to Head:
Played: 6
Essendon: 2
Collingwood: 4

How They Fared Last Week:
Sandringham 11.12.78, def
Essendon 10.11.71

Coburg 9.8.62, def by
Collingwood 9.10.64

Trivia:
- Essendon and Collingwood have clashed in the VFA/VFL on the ANZAC Day long weekend as VFL subsidiary teams on four occassions (in 2000 and from 2014-2016), for a record of 2-2, one win at Victoria Park and at Windy Hill apiece.

- Following on from that (because it is a source of confusion that sometimes comes up), Collingwood has previously played the VFL affiliate of the Essendon Football Club (the Bendigo Bombers) on the ANZAC Day long weekend three times from 2009 to 2011, for a record of 1-2.

Over to you...

Last edited:

Why does it say Essendon has one win when the "how they fared last week" section says they lost last week?

Fixed.

Did you let Robin do the preview this week? :p

P.S If you haven't watched the new Batman Lego movie you should......my kids kept saying why are you laughing??
I like that they put adult humour in those movies. Lots of fun.

Did you let Robin do the preview this week? :p

P.S If you haven't watched the new Batman Lego movie you should......my kids kept saying why are you laughing??
I like that they put adult humour in those movies. Lots of fun.

Just a simple mistake.

And yes, I have seen that movie. Enjoyed it very much. Ironman sucks! :D

We might have to do a Bucks analysis at this game Maggie5! ;)

Watch out for Selina. She likes to play mind games. And if that fails, she is damn near lethal with that bullwhip. Come prepared...

Just a simple mistake.

And yes, I have seen that movie. Enjoyed it very much. Ironman sucks! :D

Watch out for Selina. She likes to play mind games. And if that fails, she is damn near lethal with that bullwhip. Come prepared...

Your right Ironman does suck! :p

As for the old chook Maggie5 if I am in trouble can I put up the Bat Signal? :)

You can, but there's no guarantee I'll respond to it. There will be a footy game on...

I've always found that a ball of yarn works best with Selina. Never fails to get her attention...:p

You can, but there's no guarantee I'll respond to it. There will be a footy game on...

I've always found that a ball of yarn works best with Selina. Never fails to get her attention...:p

Point taken MB............I will be sure to bring the ball of yarn just in case.

Ironman sucks! :D
You're just jealous that Tony Stark was smart enough to make an awesome robot suit instead of being all sad and mopy and running away to train for years and years in the mountains.

It's a whip, a ball of yarn sucks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VFL Round 2
Essendon v Collingwood
Sunday 23 April
Windy Hill, 1pm

Collingwood
Int (from): Sam McLarty, Liam Mackie, Max Lynch, Gus Borthwick, Lachlan Tardrew, Michael Chippendale, Alex Woodward, Jordan Collopy, Stephen Tahana, Jordan Kelly, Nick Gray, Lachlan Howe, Marty Hore

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-04-20/extended-vfl-squad-named

No AFL team news tonight, but we have named an initial 31 man VFL squad...

VFL Round 2
Essendon v Collingwood
Sunday 23 April
Windy Hill, 1pm

Collingwood

No AFL team news tonight, but we have named an initial 31 man VFL squad...

VFL Round 2
Essendon v Collingwood
Sunday 23 April
Windy Hill, 1pm

Collingwood
B:
Jackson Ramsay, Lachlan Keeffe, Matthew Scharenberg

Bit Slow MagpieBat ;)

No Sier either, but that was somewhat expected with the knock to his eye socket.
The poor guy can't take a trick.
Eye socket injury, surely he can just get a run at it

Anyone want to have a crack at an AFL bench and a carry-over emergency...?

VFL Round 2
Essendon v Collingwood
Sunday 23 April
Windy Hill, 1pm

Collingwood
B:
Jackson Ramsay, Lachlan Keeffe, Matthew Scharenberg

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-04-20/extended-vfl-squad-named
I see they've drawn names out of a hat again to determine positions, but I hope Keeffe at full back is the real deal.

Anyone want to have a crack at an AFL bench and a carry-over emergency...?
Ramsay, Blair, White and Smith are the ones who played AFL last week and Wells and Cox are the two Buckley mentioned as possible inclusions. Blair and White seem the most like for like, so that leaves Ramsay or Smith as possible omissions to allow for Phillips' return from injury. It wouldn't make sense to hold a tall over as the sole emergency, Ramsay and Smith are more unlucky omissions than Blair and in theory should be the emergency, but in practice who knows.

The VFL players for played last week are likely to hold their spots, therefore from the bench the 3 inclusions for Sier, McCarthy and Kirby is between Borthwick, Chippendale, Collopy, Tahana, Howe and Hore. Howe is likely to replace either Cox or McCarthy in the ruck and Borthwick as the most senior on the bench shapes as the second inclusion. The last one I can't pick maybe Chippendale or Collopy?

VFL in: White, Blair, Borthwick, L. Howe, Chippendale/Collopy/Tahana/Hore
VFL out: Cox, Wells, Sier, McCarthy, Kirby

AFL emergency: Ramsay/Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back