Autopsy Round 20 vs Essendon - Roast, Toast and Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

double post because I'm a rebel with attitude.

There was a 1v1 contest between Morris and an Essendon player on the wing, instead of flying towards the ball in pure and utter kamikaze like fashion Morris stood his ground, beat his opponent and stopped the counter-attack. good job Morris.

Horrible kick into our forward line in the last quarter when we probably should have had a kick on goal for 4 in front and instead Essendon go up the other end and make it a two goal game.

Impressive win last night, we really did keep the fight up the whole game and wanted it more. Miles kept us in touch in the first quater when some typical tiger big game nerves were going through the team, and that was enough for the rest of the team to get a feel for it in the second and play the game on our terms, and at times go blow for blow with the bombers. Something some of us have never seen a tiger side do, even last year we would either blow teams away, or lose, not win in a tight blow for blow game

Deledio was fantastic I thought, almost best on/MVP despise only 19 possessions. It feels like over the last few weeks he is taking it upon him self to have that 50 metre shot at goal with a subtle confidence he will nail it. He is also starting to become that reliable leader we have been crying out for who takes that crucial mark in defence, and is the best disposer in our team to do this. His contested marks around the ground have been just as impressive.

If it wasn't for that Achilles injury in round 2, I think we would have seen Lids best season this year, he was huge in the goldcoast game and was BOG against Carlton until the injury IMO. Love this guy and he would have made a worthy captain (no disrespect to cotch)

To win 6 in a row with some hard fought wins against Brisbane, port and Essendon has been fantastic. Win or lose over the next 3 weeks, as long as we bring last nights effort, I'll be a proud tiger. I no longer feel like this season is a waste, and make finals or not, perhaps this slump at the start was something we needed to have.

Keep it up tigers.

0808_highlights_3.jpg.jpeg

The performance of Griffiths raises the question: Has another piece of the puzzle dropped into place?
Yeah watching the replay - he was better than I thought... it was a well rounded game from him. Marks, goal, in the ruck, tackles, short passing /long bombs, and a couple of times in the pack - he had the sense to not spoil Maric.

Carey has a go at us for not performing under pressure as we weren't expected to make finals. Yeah no pressure on us at all to keep our slim hopes alive but not dropping another game and a week long media build up of "mathematically possible" Every question this week has been about finals.

Well, I've gone through the ladder predictor 3 times now, each time being pretty conservative about who will and won't win, plus the margins and 2 out of 3 times it has us and the crows finishing equal 9/10th on points & percentage :p
were all three scenarios having us win the next 3?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I've gone through the ladder predictor 3 times now, each time being pretty conservative about who will and won't win, plus the margins and 2 out of 3 times it has us and the crows finishing equal 9/10th on points & percentage :p

Is that before or after the bombers get suspended?

Jack Niall Essendon fanboi. Just a horrible comment about a kid that tore his side apart.

Actually he barracks for Collingwood :)

Anyway, just goes to prove that football journalists are like political journalists. Only listen to each other. I reckon almost every person on this board knows more about Richmond players than those clowns. Seriously they are just fanbois who were lucky enough to scam a job writing about footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back