Autopsy Round 21 - GWS v Adelaide Crows, Saturday 11 August 2018, UNSW Canberra Oval, 7.25 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

two movements or not. it was a sling and resulted in concussion. that's what they're trying to stamp out. was always going to get time. don't know how previous record/early guilty plea etc. impacts. but he was always going to go for that tackle.

That's the bit I don't get (same with punches, etc) - if they are actually trying to stamp out this stuff, they should be taking action on every example. Not just those that have bad results.

That's the bit I don't get (same with punches, etc) - if they are actually trying to stamp out this stuff, they should be taking action on every example. Not just those that have bad results.
I agree.
maybe they need a base based on action and a premium based on outcome.

a week for the sling/punch and another for the concussion / 3 or 4 for the broken jaw etc.

but if you sling/punch you're gone regardless

I have no doubt a very controversial view that two weeks is fair. The smart move would be for him to take it, sort his injury, and start next year fresh.

I've followed his career and he's not a dirty player. He has been a bit of an "in your face" player as captain. I think that's because the Crows have been a bit too passive at times over the years, and he's injecting feeling. Witht he obvious exception of the Showdowns of course.
What he did cant be allowed to happen though.

I agree.
maybe they need a base based on action and a premium based on outcome.

a week for the sling/punch and another for the concussion / 3 or 4 for the broken jaw etc.

but if you sling/punch you're gone regardless

Timely:

MATCH Review Officer Michael Christian believes a blanket crackdown on striking would lead to suspension "carnage" in the AFL, reiterating his belief that fines are a sufficient deterrent.

After criticism that the AFL had not been harsh enough on striking incidents in the lead-up to Gaff's punch, Christian warned tougher penalties could lead to mass bans across the competition.

"To suspend every player that strikes or punches with negligible impact … I think we've got to be a little careful what we wish for because there will be carnage in terms of the number of suspensions," he said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-13/striking-crackdown-would-lead-to-carnage-mro

No s**t Sherlock - I think that's what people are arguing for, if its needed. "I don't think people understand that suspending more people will lead to more people being suspended!" Uhhh right, I think we've all got that bit of logic covered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back