Game Day Round 22 Eagles v GWS- the *other* Battle of the West

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel for josh kennedy, time after time he steps up to the plate only for his team to let him down.

He is an absolute gun but he would be seriously, seriously scary in a team with a good midfield

Sadly, his body will have packed it in by the time our midfield gets rebuilt properly. Such a waste...

And where was Jetta and darling?

Not going to disagree, Jetta has never produced and I never wanted him at the club. Darling is just too vanilla and lacks the athletic prowess to backup Kennedy in those crunch games.
Gaff just doesn't go for the ball and looked at two GWS players and traced them just meters from the goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karpany and Lamb replace any 2 of Hill, Cripps, Jetta and we are a chance to steal this today. I really admire what Simpson has done with this list in 2017 carrying blokes he knows he'll get nothing out of into every single game. Is it kind of like altitude training or something, suddenly we get NicNat back next year and cut the dead weight and the players will suddenly feel like they are walking on air and just bulldoze everything in their path and not drop a game in 2018?

Last edited:
That was a masterstroke by Simpson to target Toby Greene in the media during the week. Worked a treat. Simmo knows all the stuff.

nah its not a troll and we understand. Gaffs priblems are very similar to Masten. his not an athlete and has horrible skills. endurance is the only reason he is playing AFL but in todays game thats not enough as shown today.

If anything he gets 30 soft disposals, no contested possessions and is hardly damaging with the ball. He has no inside game, can't tackle and just waits for the soft handball receive every time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Omg. We are the new Fremantle.
I don't accept the mediocrity.
I don't accept your crap either. You apparently get no enjoyment from footy unless we have a team of superstars and win every game. Even that might be understating your mindset, when we win you still find numerous players to abuse.

Gaff has no value. May as well keep him.
Gaff is a good player but he is no superstar. He is one paced and builds his game on gut run. Average kick and pretty poor tackling player. To be honest, if we could get a good trade for him I'd do it in a heartbeat but wouldn't just give him away as he is in best 22...just not a star. I also question players giving him the ball just because he calls for it. His disposal and decision making is average only and certainly not elite. It was pleasing to see players like Redden, Mitchell, Petrie, Kennedy, Vardy, Mitchell, Shuey etc give their all and the backline was fantastic given the way the ball came in. I felt for players like Cripps, Hill, Duggan and Partington who tried hard but just made blues at the last moment. Cripps has fumbled all year and you just can't do that at this level. We really need to look closely at the list at the end of the year but I am so pleased that Priddis is going. I understand that he knows he can't catch anybody but he doesn't even put the effort in and lets players run away from him without trying to block them or put any pressure on whatsoever. The club is certainly at fault for this for not addressing his shortcomings when he fell off a few years ago.

I don't accept your crap either. You apparently get no enjoyment from footy unless we have a team of superstars and win every game. Even that might be understating your mindset, when we win you still find numerous players to abuse.

Haha seadog. Bobbed your head out of the reef have you?

How many games have we been brave and lost this year now?
If we won 50 percent of them we'd be in the top four.
Useless, poor mediocre footballers shouldnt get to 30 games in our club.

I get you don't know what we used to be like given you have just got out of nappys but we used to win flags and not tolerate mediocrity.

Kudos to you for learning to use the internet at 5 years old though. Well done.

Last edited:
Poor umpiring . Patton wrestling barrass out of way was ok but not ok when jk did it
We got a pretty good run from the umps overall. There was some inconsistency when players went to ground and ours got pinged for HTB and theirs didn't but we got quite a few we shouldn't have.

Gaff is one of least damaging, stupidest footballers to have ever played for us

Cripps is a serial offender for going missing and squandering opportunity after opportunity

Hurn is a weak, uninspiring, unintimidating,soft, gutless leader

Hill is a washed up hack

Jetta is a one hit wonder. Other than the GF Cyril race his career has been an embarrassment

Darling is a joke

Hutchings is a prototype WAFL player who gets humiliatingly exposed at this level

Underrated post won't get the recognition it deserves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back