Review Round 23, 2022 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

New fans are always welcome, but I'm guessing I'm supposed to know who they are? Anyone want to let me in on the secret? :p

Julia Garner. Not sure who the other one is.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

It is difficult to put this win in its true context. There is a danger of letting it wallpaper over the cracks.

We have 12 losses to pick apart, 10 wins to review quickly. Anyone who thought Finlayson in ruck worked tonight because we won, needs their head read. Finlayson as 1R has worked in certain games- last week being an example. In my opinion, this is a “horses for courses” option in 2023 and careful analysis needs to be undertaken to determine when to deploy it.

The game was eventually won in the midfield with Rozee, Wines, Boak and Butters combining beautifully- eventually that class was way too much for a very ordinary Cows midfield. Charlie competed and Marshall worked best when he steered clear of Charlie. Todd will never be a 10 contested marks forward but he will be difficult to handle if he can continue to find the space he has in the last fortnight. Dixon is no longer our main man but his sheer size and strength means he has a role for a few seasons yet as the bail out target and Todd’s decoy. I also thought he was excellent as 2R- a role he has to play when Finlayson is 1R. People calling for him to retire are misunderstanding his true role in the team.

Floggarty exposed our lack of defensive options and their talls took way too many marks around the ground. A ready made tall back is vital if we are to take on the big boys of the comp.

Last night proved to me that we will be at least flat track bullies next year. We have got the ordinary teams covered and will destroy many of them in 2023. But last night did nothing to help us bridge the gap with the top 4.

It was great to back up the trash talk and we established a real psychological advantage over the Cows. It was a great example of our match day experience and how to salute a club great. McLeod etc would have seen that and wept. The psychological edge should mean two wins next year in the bank.

But there is a lot of work to do to be top 4 again.
[/QUOTE

I don’t think that’s what Saturday night was about. It was simply team first, club celebration, Robbie is the GOAT,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was probably curtains for Jimmy Rowe's AFL career tonight.
What do you mean?

You didn’t like his over the top celebration of his teammates goal from the goal square after a 50m penalty assured him a gimme goal?

How dare you not give him props for that.

I can't believe what those feral ports supporters did

Did everyone see the second pitch invader?

Must have been a kid of around 15, full Crows gear.

Didn’t get very far, was caught quickly.

A fully dressed streaker? What's the point?
Look at the streakers these days - usually fat middle aged guys - and be grateful. 70's and 80's were the highpoint of the streakers, often a starkers decent looking woman or at least an amusing bloke, like trying to hurdle the wickets at the cricket. Now no personality. At least if you're going to streak go out and try and steal the ball or a whistle off an ump to 'call a free'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back