Review Round 23, 2022 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Findlayson play as a traditional ruck rover coz he can't compete tap wise against the quality rucks? Good midfields with service from a quality ruck would tear us apart.

I've suggested this previously, I think he can. Jez is really clean picking up ground ball, his field kicking is incisive and accurate and as a marking target around the ground he would be a nightmare match up.

He was well beaten in ruck and the crows did block out his second efforts. But our mids came to the party to break even in the centre square and win it around the ground.

I look forward to us playing a genuine ruck again.

Interesting stat last night was we broke even with them in contested possessions and nearly doubled their uncontested count.

It showed how much control we had and confirmed my belief that all they have is effort. Match that and they are roadkill.

Really happy we beat that mob and won for Robbie. Great crowd, lots of noise. We were near enough but not good enough this year. Some games we should have won, a very frustrating season. A clever small forward might have been the difference in those games. Put Pickett in our team we are playing finals. Anyway we need a new voice as head coach. Hopefully that and some new talent will get us back on the right path. Not going to even give Stinkers one bit of my thoughts now until next year. Life is way too short.

Woke up this morning from the strangest dream
I was in the biggest army the world has ever seen
We were marching as one
On the road to the holy grail
Started out seeking fortune and glory
Its a short song but a hell of a story
When you spend lifetime trying to get your hands
On the holy Robbie Gray(l)

I've been going to Alberton since the early 70's, last night would be in the top 5 of my game day experiences. Being able to put the disappointment of no finals to one side, watching Robbie have the fairy tale of a home game packed stadium send off will stay with me forever. I love that so many crom got to witness how a real club sends off a club legend.

FamrSFKakAAUKnV

HE'S LIKE AN EXTRA MIDFIELDER WHEN THE BALL HITS THE GROUND, PORT ADELAIDE HAVE REVOLUTIONISED THE RUCK ROLE

If you didn't have fun last night, maybe footy isn't your thing.
Doesn't change sacking Ken, missing the finals with that team or the inept ceo and board... But damn last night was fun.
Extra points for the hundreds of supporters waving off the crows exodus in the last quarter at the southern end

Enjoyed winning no matter how much I want Hinkley out, those flogs were up and about in the crowd after a big month against north and west coast. Man we struggled and even when we broke them we should have won by 100 but it was enjoyable to win a tribute game and we'll so everyone could enjoy it.

If we played a ruck we would look so much better, it hurts us going forwards let alone the near auto loss in every centre tap. Just making it harder for ourselves for no reason.

Fogarty, McHenry, Rowe.. lol this was their a team.

Good effort by the boys . The non negotiable were there , head over the ball , tackling , concentration . Most players played well , Duursma and Bergman.n we’re good and are really just getting going again , hopefully they can build from here and be ready for ripping seasons next .
Georgiades was quiet , he needs to work out or the coaches need to work out more of a game plan for him because if he just lurks for a big fly the opportunities don’t come around often often . Todd was good , he’s starting to get a bit of a presence and we all know how good his smarts are .
Still not seeing Mcentee value , he reminds me of me running around out there out of my depth.
Drew has fallen away a little now that Rozee and Butters have made the midfield more dynamic.
Bonner was good on a wing in the last quarter and Farrell not bad off the back flank .
The unobtrusive ones Jonas , Houston and Burton were all quite good as was Allir and DBJ.
Pepps was quite good Dixon strong in the contest l Finlayson was quite good and rounded off a good first season with us . Well done .
Amon was good and Jase Burgoyne was impressive again , I see a midfielder there in the future , very exciting talent and looking like a steal where we got him .
Just talking about the game only . Great crowd .

If you didn't have fun last night, maybe footy isn't your thing.
Doesn't change sacking Ken, missing the finals with that team or the inept ceo and board... But damn last night was fun.
Extra points for the hundreds of supporters waving off the crows exodus in the last quarter at the southern end
At least they got a seat on the train!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still lacks a tank that can take him 4 quarters in a high intensity game I think
Doesn't impact when a game needs him Unless he gets a free or a mark he's not helping create goals and then gives away a heap of frees so takes the pressure off. Has been better since coming back into the team as he consistently scores either real raw defenders or it's against cellar dwellers with a huge amount of ball going in.

Duursma back playing well, Farell having a great game and Bonner picking up as many touches in half a quarter as Georgiades did in 3 and a half makes me a little more comfortable in losing Karl Amon. But gee whiz we are going to miss him next year as well. He will be a big loss to our team.
We have plenty to fill the void. I’d imagine Sinn will be playing full time next year, Lachie Jones to come in.

Take Dixon out of our forward line and it will function a treat. Mitch G will be back, I reckon he’s injured with some 3 year blues. Bergman, Farrell etc all come in so nicely.

If Fantasia is fit, a Key defender, better Rick, we should be okay and competitive. Just need Stinkley to take a back seat and let’s some fresh coaches take over.

I sit behind the Northern goals. From my perspective I think Alir is irreplaceable at the moment. His intercepting work is gold. We do need a big CHB though. Tommy is undersize and slow. We need a May like defender.
Taylor from GWS would be amazing 😂

Fair play to McEntee. He has pulled his weight the last two weeks.
Yep. I've been a super harsh critic. His SANFL performances weren't acceptable. To then be picked at AFL level was baffling, but his last 2 games have been at a level I didn't expect from him. Maybe it is just the fact weve been super dominant, but he's played the role he is there for very well.

I still expect that if we're serious he plays 90% of his footy in the SANFL next year, but at least he's shown some signs that he can fill a hole.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back