Review Round 23, 2022 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Farewell Robbie, you absolutely, positively, most definitely, 100% bona fide champ.

Always good to beat our ungrateful bastard step-child, regardless. But a nine goal win is exactly what I expect playing them rn. Because they're sh!t.

Missed Russell Ebert's last game as an 11yo because I had the flu and Mum wouldn't let me brave the Arctic conditions of West Lakes in case my illness developed into full-blown AIDS. Not going to school the day before the game was the sticking point - if I wasn't well enough to go to school, well, I wasn't well enough to go to the footy. Pretty sound logic, to be fair. Me and Dad begged her to reconsider and the bog Irish bitch almost buckled at one point but ultimately stood firm. Man, I cracked the sh!ts big time. Never forgave her for it. Legit reminded her about it on her death bed.

"Ah be Jesus, you had da flu, ya feckin ar$ehole. Yerra, you were sick a dog, so ye were. Get away o'dat!"

Couldn't believe she remembered, lol. So yeah, I wasn't gonna miss Robbie's last game, no matter what... and then the water meter bandits struck.

In the still of night, these mfers did a water meter raid down our street, digging up a whole bunch from front lawns and nature strips. We narrowed down the time frame to between 2-4am. Because my neighbour's daughter had a shower when she got home from work at 2am and my neighbour got up at 4am to take a s**t and flushed freely. But when I woke around six-ish, no water supply.

F@%K

Morning showers are so underrated. Srsly, could not get going all day. So yeah, I had a Pommy shower, brushed my teeth using the warm water at the bottom of my $9 Big W kettle and pissed in the backyard like a goddamn savage. Even worse, I had to brave public toilets for the big business.

Swear to Gawd, there's no more paralysing fear than those few seconds before you step into a cubicle... and there's no greater relief than when you find a clean white porcelain bowl and some caveman hasn't gone all Jackson Pollock in there.

SA Water crews were flat-out for most of the day fixing this mess. The polite lady I spoke to reckons water meter theft is pretty common. They nick it for the copper, apparently. Then (try to) sell it for scrap metal. But the polite dude my neighbour spoke to reckons that scrap metal yards call the cops straight away. I mean, there's serial numbers and s**t on there, I guess.

Dude in the SA Water van with a neon arrow sign on top just did laps of my street all day long like he an 18yo who just got his Ps and goes cruising down Hindley.

Anyway, the water came back on just in time for me to take the greatest shower of my life, jump on the train and get into Adelaide Oval just before the first bounce. Been there five seconds when some dude hit me up about the Silver Disco Jacket.

"Holy s**t! Is that one of the OG jackets from back in the day?"
"You're goddamn right it is."
"F@%ken awesome - so jealous, bro."
"Yeah, it goes alright."
"Would you ever sell it?"
"Should Ken Hinkley be coach next year?"
"F@%k no!"

fmd, I'm never going to a +30K crowd ever again - just too many dopey campaigners congregated in one spot.

From the dickhead Crows supporters who freaked out for the whole first quarter coz they couldn't find their seats to the dip$hit Adelaide Oval security who kept taking them to the wrong bays, rows and seats - how hard is it to read a ticket farken? - not to mention all the numpties standing in the terrace aisles blocking foot traffic, plus garden variety imbeciles, ppl were really getting on my f@%king nerves (and I already hold 97.8% of the world's population in absolute contempt.)

Dunno who was more annoying - the pack of Crows fans with their "U Crom!" chant or the lone wolf Port supporter and his "Powwwwwwaaaaaaa" war cry?

Those Macca's thunder sticks? Which moron thought that was a good idea? Shove every last one up their big dumb arse. Fully-inflated.

By the end of the first quarter, I'd had enough. And thirteen minutes into the second when Robbie wobbled through that goal from a tight angle in the South-Western pocket, well, I'd seen what I came to see. So I bailed.

On the way home, my meth head bi-polar neighbour was out in the street, carrying on like a dickhead as usual. Bitch was completely off her ****.

"That's my neighbour," she yelled out as I hurried home to catch the last ten minutes of the game on TV. "Dope jacket, bro!"

Even my sleep was random. Coz I dreamt I was back working as Coles and Connor Rozee was my department manager. And he was every bit as s**t hopeless as every other moof-milking manager in that hellhole of a company. As a Grocery Manager, he makes a damn good AFL footballer. BnF for sure.

What a campaigner of a day.

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 7.24.59 am.png

Last edited:

Farewell Robbie, you absolutely, positively, most definitely, 100% bona fide champ.

Always good to beat our ungrateful bastard step-child, regardless. But a nine goal win is exactly what I expect playing them rn. Because they're sh!t.

Missed Russell Ebert's last game as an 11yo because I had the flu and Mum wouldn't let me brave the Arctic conditions of West Lakes in case my illness developed into full-blown AIDS. Not going to school the day before the game was the sticking point - if I wasn't well enough to go to school, well, I wasn't well enough to go to the footy. Pretty sound logic, to be fair. Me and Dad begged her to reconsider and the bog Irish bitch almost buckled at one point but stood firm. Man, I cracked the sh!ts big time. Never forgave her for it. Legit reminded her about it on her death bed.

"Ah be Jesus, you had da flu, ya feckin ar$ehole. Yerra, you were sick a dog, so ye were. Get away o'dat!"

Couldn't believe she remembered, lol. So yeah, I wasn't gonna miss Robbie's last game, no matter what... and then the water meter bandits struck.

In the still of night, these mfers did a water meter raid down our street, digging up a whole bunch. We narrowed down the time frame to between 2-4am. Because my neighbour's daughter had a shower when she got home from work at 2am and my neighbour got up at 4am to take a s**t and flushed freely. But when I woke around six-ish, no water supply.

F@%K

Morning showers are so underrated. Srsly, could not get going all day. So yeah, I had a Pommy shower, brushed my teeth using the warm water at the bottom of my $9 Big W kettle and pissed in the backyard like a goddamn savage. Even worse, I had to brave public toilets for the big business.

Swear to Gawd, there's no more paralysing fear than those few seconds before you step into a cubicle... and there's no greater relief than to find a clean white porcelain bowl and some caveman hasn't gone all Jackson Pollock in there.

SA Water crews were flat-out for most of the day fixing this mess. The polite lady I spoke to reckons water meter theft is pretty common. They nick it for the copper, apparently. Then (try to) sell it for scrap metal. But the polite dude my neighbour spoke to reckons that scrap metal yards call the cops straight away. I mean, there's serial numbers and s**t on there, I guess.

Anyway, the water came back on just in time for me to take the greatest shower of my life, jump on the train and get into Adelaide Oval just before the first bounce. Been there five seconds when some dude hit me up about the Silver Disco Jacket.

"Holy s**t! Is that one of the OG jackets from back in the day?"
"You're goddamn right it is."
"F@%ken awesome - so jealous, bro."
"Yeah, it goes alright."
"Would you ever sell it?"
"Should Ken Hinkley be coach next year?"
"F@%k no!"

fmd, I'm never going to a +30K crowd ever again - just too many dopey campaigners congregated in one spot.

From the dickhead Crows supporters who freaked out for the whole first quarter coz they couldn't find their seats to the ******* Adelaide Oval security who kept taking them to the wrong bays, rows and seats - how hard is it to read a ticket farken? - not to mention all the numpties standing in the terrace aisles blocking foot traffic, plus garden variety imbeciles, ppl were really getting on my f@%king nerves (and I already hold 97.8% of the world's population in absolute contempt.)

Dunno who was more annoying - the pack of Crows fans with their "U Crom!" chant or the lone wolf Port supporter and his "Powwwwwwaaaaaaa" war cry?

Those Macca's thunder sticks? Which moron thought that was a good idea? Shove every last one up their big dumb arse. Fully-inflated.

By the end of the first quarter, I'd had enough. And when Robbie wobbled through that goal from a tight angle in the South-Western pocket, well, I'd seen what I came to see. So I bailed.

On the way home, my meth-head bi-polar neighbour was out in the street. Bitch was completely off her ****.

"That's my neighbour," she yelled out as I hurried home to catch the last ten minutes on TV. "Dope jacket, bro!"

Even my sleep was random. Coz I dreamt I was back working as Coles and Connor Rozee was my department manager. And he was every bit as s**t hopeless as every other manager in that hellhole of a company. As a Grocery Manager, he makes a damn good AFL footballer. BnF for sure.

What a campaigner of a day.

View attachment 1485072
Man, you need to get your razor sharp social commentary published (and move house):p.

Congrats Robbie Gray, one of the most likable and skilled footballers to play in this state.

Crows beating bottom 4 teams made them think they have any ability šŸ˜†
Theyā€™ve won 18 games in 3 years and literally 50% of their wins this year came against the bottom two sides who have a combined win tally of 4 with percentages lower than 60ā€¦ yet Iā€™ve had some mates this week talking finals next year for them (no joke)ā€¦ :tearsofjoy:

The Crows wanted to turn this game into a scrap and were reasonably successful up until around midway through the second. And then we managed to get some cleaner ball and the class difference showed. I think we handled this game very well. It was a really strong performance. Got trounced in the ruck but other than that dominated in basically every position on the ground.

Positives

Rozee - I was one of people who were critical of his start to the year and questioned his value. I was wrong. I'm not sure what happened after about Round 4 - whether he was given some tough love, or given more responsibility - but since that point he has been outstanding. There's not much more to say.

Marshall - Rock solid. Another guy who I was critical of after playing terribly in the preseason. But is an elite forward now. Can get you in so many ways - on the lead, 1 on 1, pack mark, ground level. Can do everything. Showed why he is wayyyy better than DogFogger.

Wines - Where the hell has this Wines been all year. Won the ball AND used it well. Some of those touch kicks inside 50 were outstanding. Back to his absolute best. Hopefully this sets him up for a strong 2024. We need it.

Farrell - Kane Farrell = pick 51. Ned McHenry = pick 16. ******* lol. Played a sensational game. Defended well, used the ball sweetly. The only thing that was missing was a few classic Farrell downtown goals. Looks really nice at halfback, I like him getting a bit more easy ball in d50. McHenry was his direct opponent and it looked like a professional footballer playing on a seven year old.

Allir - Absolutely demolished the Big Texan (TM). Looked a bit shaky at the start where he got into a wrestle in a few contests but then managed to get some separation and dominated from that point onwards. Has a much better balance of marking and spoiling since he has been moved to play on the number 1 oppo forward. Like Wines, a massive shame that his best has come at the end of the year.

Amon - Really surprised some people were saying he had checked out. Has had a very, very strong year. And yesterday was a very strong game. Work rate is exceptional and has been the entire year. I thought his ball use was also pretty good. Will be a massive loss next year. I think he is an elite wingman, probably top 5 in the comp.

McEntee - Another good game to follow from his good one last week. Started off terribly but after being moved onto Dawson really started to impact. Like last week, didn't see a heap of the ball but got some lucky free kicks and opportunities and didn't waste them. Lots of value for money involvements. Completely shut Dawson out of the game as well. Dawson is going to have a fun time over the next 4-5 years. Should be, and will be, tagged every single week. Is McEntee a long term player? Probably not in my opinion. But there is no doubt he has improved which is admirable.

Negatives

Georgiades - Sad to see him get injured, hopefully it is a minor thing and he can get a full pre season in. And he needs a full pre season. Has some massive, massive holes in his game at the moment. If he is not getting clean marking attempts he is basically useless. Many things to work on. Decision making, goal kicking, mental, staying in the game.

Burton - Probably shouldn't play as a tall defender ever again.

Finlayson - Had a poor game in the ruck and then basically lost his head. Example A why this ruck strategy will never work. ROB is a semi-competent ruckman and exploited us. Has played way better in the ruck this year than forward. I think he is been poor up forward. And again yesterday missed some very gettable shots on goal. Hopefully he gets his goalkicking mojo back over the offseason because his goal kicking has been rubbish this year. Needs to be a 70%+ goal kicker to be valuable in the forward line. Has gone at 50% this year.

Drew - Harsh but I thought he fumbled everything in this game. Please stop fumbling.

Well done to the 50,090 footy followers who went along to salute a champ.

Thanks Robbie Gray.

The Crows wanted to turn this game into a scrap and were reasonably successful up until around midway through the second. And then we managed to get some cleaner ball and the class difference showed. I think we handled this game very well. It was a really strong performance. Got trounced in the ruck but other than that dominated in basically every position on the ground.

Positives

Rozee - I was one of people who were critical of his start to the year and questioned his value. I was wrong. I'm not sure what happened after about Round 4 - whether he was given some tough love, or given more responsibility - but since that point he has been outstanding. There's not much more to say.

Marshall - Rock solid. Another guy who I was critical of after playing terribly in the preseason. But is an elite forward now. Can get you in so many ways - on the lead, 1 on 1, pack mark, ground level. Can do everything. Showed why he is wayyyy better than DogFogger.

Wines - Where the hell has this Wines been all year. Won the ball AND used it well. Some of those touch kicks inside 50 were outstanding. Back to his absolute best. Hopefully this sets him up for a strong 2024. We need it.

Farrell - Kane Farrell = pick 51. Ned McHenry = pick 16. ******* lol. Played a sensational game. Defended well, used the ball sweetly. The only thing that was missing was a few classic Farrell downtown goals. Looks really nice at halfback, I like him getting a bit more easy ball in d50. McHenry was his direct opponent and it looked like a professional footballer playing on a seven year old.

Allir - Absolutely demolished the Big Texan (TM). Looked a bit shaky at the start where he got into a wrestle in a few contests but then managed to get some separation and dominated from that point onwards. Has a much better balance of marking and spoiling since he has been moved to play on the number 1 oppo forward. Like Wines, a massive shame that his best has come at the end of the year.

Amon - Really surprised some people were saying he had checked out. Has had a very, very strong year. And yesterday was a very strong game. Work rate is exceptional and has been the entire year. I thought his ball use was also pretty good. Will be a massive loss next year. I think he is an elite wingman, probably top 5 in the comp.

McEntee - Another good game to follow from his good one last week. Started off terribly but after being moved onto Dawson really started to impact. Like last week, didn't see a heap of the ball but got some lucky free kicks and opportunities and didn't waste them. Lots of value for money involvements. Completely shut Dawson out of the game as well. Dawson is going to have a fun time over the next 4-5 years. Should be, and will be, tagged every single week. Is McEntee a long term player? Probably not in my opinion. But there is no doubt he has improved which is admirable.

Negatives

Georgiades - Sad to see him get injured, hopefully it is a minor thing and he can get a full pre season in. And he needs a full pre season. Has some massive, massive holes in his game at the moment. If he is not getting clean marking attempts he is basically useless. Many things to work on. Decision making, goal kicking, mental, staying in the game.

Finlayson - Had a poor game in the ruck and then basically lost his head. Example A why this ruck strategy will never work. ROB is a semi-competent ruckman and exploited us. Has played way better in the ruck this year than forward. I think he is been poor up forward. And again yesterday missed some very gettable shots on goal. Hopefully he gets his goalkicking mojo back over the offseason because his goal kicking has been rubbish this year. Needs to be a 70%+ goal kicker to be valuable in the forward line. Has gone at 50% this year.

Drew - Harsh but I thought he fumbled everything in this game. Please stop fumbling.
Very harsh on Drew - did a lot of good little things

Fogarty took TJ to the cleaners in the first half, but was unsighted in the second. Did we change the match up or did he just not get near the ball?
The crows midfield went to water and the ball didn't get down there. Need a 195cm+ defender against this type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives

Negatives

Agree with most of this although Fin has had a very good season since R5 but his goal kicking was poor. Hated Drew's game, after a very good 2021 season thought he has been really average this year. Probably should have been dropped but not sure who replaces him.

Agree with most of this although Fin has had a very good season since R5 but his goal kicking was poor. Hated Drew's game, after a very good 2021 season thought he has been really average this year. Probably should have been dropped but not sure who replaces him.
Finlayson has been good in the ruck across the year. He has been shocking up forward. The problem is that he will get games next year as a forward and not a ruckman. So he has a lot to work on.

I didn't hate Drew's game. It was a nearly game, he just needed to be cleaner.

What was happening with Finlayson last night? I haven't rewatched the game but it seemed like the umps had it in for him. Did he get done more than once for dissent?

got my first infarktion notice from the Crows board. All I said was-"sorry for the intrusion but thanks for coming" Entitled? moi?.

Finlayson has been good in the ruck across the year. He has been shocking up forward. The problem is that he will get games next year as a forward and not a ruckman. So he has a lot to work on.

I didn't hate Drew's game. It was a nearly game, he just needed to be cleaner.
Can Findlayson play as a traditional ruck rover coz he can't compete tap wise against the quality rucks? Good midfields with service from a quality ruck would tear us apart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back