Autopsy Round 23, 2023: St.Kilda v Geelong *HIGGINS 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought it was funny though at one point I noticed the scoreboard saying he'd been on the bench for 20 minutes
Dude had some shocking turn overs and usual moments of not being able to defend. Covered up cause the team was doing well.

He's miles off it.

Actually done a bit of a Bulldogs and got a lot of players back just at the end of the season when others are losing them. Pies hardly had an injury all year and now look banged up. Ross has been sharking too. Kept his cards close to his chest all year. we are playing braver more direct and attacking footy. We've stopped slow boundary hugging and are moving it fast again.
Agree.

Really pleasing to see we have a clear game style.

Give it to our best users in the back half (Sincs; NAS) who look to see if they can take a risk and hit up a player in the corridor and then sling shot it forward via a quick chain by hand and/or foot. This all starts from defensive individual and team pressure which causes the turnover.

Nice to watch when it’s working.

RTB and the coaches are not all about defence but it is the key to start our attack.

Glad you can stomach it, but I can't.

To have the final eight significantly shaped by one arrogant turd of an umpire who put personal pride ahead of professionalism is pathetic. Yeah, I know, chances blah, blah, blah. It's supposed to be a professional sport FFS and we have part time officials. :rolleyes:
In reality the only reason I’m not too fussed is because I didn’t care about making finals when the year started and if we miss shrugs.

If I was Adelaide I’d be ******* seething, it’s absolutely unacceptable what’s happened and sure Gil’s acknowledged it happened but apologies don’t heal wounds.

That goal umpire shouldn’t be near an afl field for a long long time.

it is what it is...

This is what we can control.

Supporters fussing about "only happens to St Kilda" is irritating and really self-deprecating. We put ourselves in this position, don't blame the football gods or call it the curse... cause that's a whole load of BS.

Be positive, don't expect other sides to lose or wait for other results.

No-one said this was going to be easy, if we want this we are going to have to take it... not expect it to be given to us.

Nothing worth anything is given to anyone.

I'd suggest that we don't throw the kitchen sink at Brisbane ... we'd better just rip out the whole damn kitchen and send it at them.

Destiny awaits.

Yep, Sincs was unbelievable last night. Out and out star of the competition. Takes responsibility and wants the ball in his hands to make things happen.... then executes beautifully.
Sincs has BDE!

Still need a few more of them in the team, especially in the forward line. The ability to just back yourself in to actually kick the goal.

Dude had some shocking turn overs and usual moments of not being able to defend. Covered up cause the team was doing well.

He's miles off it.
You should open your eyes. You have an agenda against Clark, he was good last night. Acknowledge it and move on. The basis of your issues with him are basically correct, he needs to do extra to become an elite AFL player, but your visceral hatred towards him is becoming Cairnsman like.

he was good last night. Does that mean it wipes clean his other games? Of course not, will he ever go that extra mile to become elite? Getting late in the career to change habits.
One thing is for sure Lyon keeps playing him. He must see something. However if he doesn't really really want it, Lyon will move him on.

I'm sure Adelaide are fully placated by the fact the goal umpire will be watching the finals on TV with them ...
Hang on, if it's the field umpire's job to request a review, aren't they the one who should have to stand down for the rest of the season?

The system exists to ensure there aren't any *-ups, so how did the system work?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang on, if it's the field umpire's job to request a review, aren't they the one who should have to stand down for the rest of the season?

Requested from the goal umpire who consults with the field umpire who then will ask for the review. Basically Goal Umpire has signalled all clear. He signalled a point hit the post to he field umpire. Goal umpire fully responsible.

In reality the only reason I’m not too fussed is because I didn’t care about making finals when the year started and if we miss shrugs.

If I was Adelaide I’d be ******* seething, it’s absolutely unacceptable what’s happened and sure Gil’s acknowledged it happened but apologies don’t heal wounds.

That goal umpire shouldn’t be near an afl field for a long long time.

I cant understand when there is clear evidence it was a goal that the AFL cant over turn the result. Yes there was a minute left but Sydney hadn't scored a goal that entire quarter. The AFL are such a second rate and bumbling organisation at times...

Isn't the field umpire meant to give the all clear?

Isn't the field umpire meant to give the all clear?
Yes, the 'all clear' means there's no other infringements or actions on the field that would annul the score, but I've been through the .pdf and the rules and can't see where the goal umpire's decision is considered absolute.

Only clarity the rules provide is that a goal umpire's opinion overrules a boundary umpire's for the purpose of out of bounds.

Surely the boundary umpire in the perfect position to see if the ball touched the back of the post should be able to question the goal umpire's decision.

Yes, the 'all clear' means there's no other infringements or actions on the field that would annul the score, but I've been through the .pdf and the rules and can't see where the goal umpire's decision is considered absolute.
The field umpire can give 3 signals.

The two hands up for a goal
One hand up for a behind
And both hands behind thier back if they're not sure

I think the best way to describe how much better Cordy is going then Dougal is by the amount of facepalms. Cordy has been in the backline for about 3-4 weeks, not one facepalm moment. Dougal is good for at least 1 or 2 facepalms a game.

Glad you can stomach it, but I can't.

To have the final eight significantly shaped by one arrogant turd of an umpire who put personal pride ahead of professionalism is pathetic. Yeah, I know, chances blah, blah, blah. It's supposed to be a professional sport FFS and we have part time officials. :rolleyes:
I blame Essendon. Wtf was that? Even a 15 goal loss might have been ok 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back