Preview Round 3, 2019: Fremantle v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium, Sunday 7th April, 3:20PM AWST

Who Wins?

• Dockers

Votes: 31 32.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 64 67.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the way you are able to move on when something upsets you... ;)
I hate the way you talk to me
And the way you cut your hair
I hate the way you drive my car
I hate it when you stare

I hate your big dumb combat boots
And the way you read my mind
I hate you so much that it makes me sick
It even makes me ryhme

I hate the way you're always right
I hate it when you lie
I hate it when you make me laugh
Even worse when you make me cry

I hate the way you're not around
And the fact that you didn't call
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you
Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.

We need a sarcasm font on here because I genuinely can't tell if you are serious. Long could not have been dropped on form after Rd 1. He was far better than plenty others - ie Kent. Anyway, I'm not melting, I just think Long could have a big future but will need to play on the edge and will therefore give away the odd free.
He didn't give away the odd free though, he gave away something like 6. That's not playing on the edge, that's pretty clearly crossing the line and he needs to learn that it's unacceptable to do it.

He didn't give away the odd free though, he gave away something like 6. That's not playing on the edge, that's pretty clearly crossing the line and he needs to learn that it's unacceptable to do it.
It was only two Joyce gave away six.

I like long and I think he’s going to be a player but I’m not sure where he will play long term. It’s still a pretty small sample but imo he needs to find more of the ball or get amongst the goals, averaging a goal every two games just isn’t going to cut it.

I hate the way you talk to me
And the way you cut your hair
I hate the way you drive my car
I hate it when you stare

I hate your big dumb combat boots
And the way you read my mind
I hate you so much that it makes me sick
It even makes me ryhme

I hate the way you're always right
I hate it when you lie
I hate it when you make me laugh
Even worse when you make me cry

I hate the way you're not around
And the fact that you didn't call
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you
Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.
But most of all...

I like the way you move

It was only two Joyce gave away six.

I like long and I think he’s going to be a player but I’m not sure where he will play long term. It’s still a pretty small sample but imo he needs to find more of the ball or get amongst the goals, averaging a goal every two games just isn’t going to cut it.
Didn't he have an interrupted preseason?

Maybe not 100% fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You anticipated inaccurately.

https://m.saints.com.au/news/2019-03-29/coachs-call-richo-previews-bombers

“We like Longy’s aggression. Every now and again, perhaps he doesn’t quite get that right but by and large that’s a real positive for us. This is more a balance of the team; we just think that with Parker and Lonie, Kent and our want to just be a little bit bigger in front of the ball.

“Longy’s a little bit unlucky there, we’ve had a conversation about what he needs to do to not be the unlucky one going forward, but he’s a terrific player, he’s just committed to us for a while and we’ve committed to him.

“We know he’s going to be a beauty, but he’s only a young fella. He’s only just started his AFL career and coping with non-selection is part of the journey and I’m sure he’ll deal with that really strongly.”

I wonder what Richo's referring to there when he says "we've had a conversation about what he needs to do to not be the unlucky one going forward."?

I've got a feeling longy spent his tickets in the first half v GC and then couldn't get up and back as much in the second half, hurting our structures and our 'general' pressure. When the ball is in his area though his pressure is top notch. His lead up to round 1 up wasn't great from memory

Yeah his 12 pressure acts were a bit down for a forward, especially compared to Kent (who had 6) 😉

I love Long and he is one of my favourites, but he had 4 touches in the second half and none of them were in the last quarter.

Played very well in the first half, but as others have said, I recon he spent his petrol tickets early.

Yeah, no wonder he got dropped. Only 4 possies in the second half. Especially compared to Kent (who had 4) 😉😉

Excited to see how Hunter Clark goes. Would love him to give the selectors a headache next week by having a big game. He's a great kick off both feet and moves beautifully through traffic.

I'm excited to see how Parker goes tomorrow too, he's been pretty good the last two games but back home in WA he could go to the next level.

He's a a mature age WAFL player from South Freo so he might have a point to prove against Freo who ignored him in the draft, he'll be champing at the bit.

I wouldn't mind seeing him spend more time in the midfield, he went in there against Essendon in the last quarter and gave us a lift with his size and speed.

I'd throw him up against Fyfe, he'll make his life a living nightmare defensively and he could run off him the other way and do some serious damage.

*pies vs eagles
The Hawthorn game is another winnable game , I feel we are a far better side than the Hawks - with Tom Mitchell out they are playing there young mids and our bigger bodied mids will pump them under pressure and our forward line looks way to mobile for Frawley and Stratton.
It's one game I expect us to win.
Sundays game will be hard because Ross Lyons style of game.
If we can win the contested positions we win - Walters , Hill , Fyfe are big threats.

I'm excited to see how Parker goes tomorrow too, he's been pretty good the last two games but back home in WA he could go to the next level.

He's a a mature age WAFL player from South Freo so he might have a point to prove against Freo who ignored him in the draft, he'll be champing at the bit.

I wouldn't mind seeing him spend more time in the midfield, he went in there against Essendon in the last quarter and gave us a lift with his size and speed.

I'd throw him up against Fyfe, he'll make his life a living nightmare defensively and he could run off him the other way and do some serious damage.
Acres is the one to me, he seems to always play ok in the west , I would like him to line up against Fyfe and run him off his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back