Preview Round 3, 2020: Collingwood v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 20th June, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Saints

Votes: 37 63.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think sincs might be best to move on come end of year , i cant see him playing for us again , just like Dmac , time to keep weeding the list out now that it looks like we are heading in the right direction
Sincs is good depth. Has class and play some good footy on a struggling team. I would think Joyce, Dmac, geary (due to age) and maybe even savage due to position are in more danger.

think we might see the first year in a while that people want to leave us for opportunity. Sincs, savage, battle, Webster, robo might be of interest to other clubs.

Last time:
Grundy: 49 Hitouts, 6 Tackles, 24 Disposals, 11 contested possessions, 5 Clearances 3 Marks
Marshall: 24 Hitouts, 2 Tackles, 16 Disposals, 11 contested possessions, 5 Clearances 3 Marks and a Goal. Beaten but not disgraced.

Against Port:
Grundy: 35 Hitouts, 2 Tackles , 22 Disposals, 14 contested possessions, 6 Clearances 3 Marks.
Ryder : 25 Hitiouts , 3 Tackles, 14 Disposals , 9 contested possessions, 4 Clearances, 3 Marks and a goal. Beaten but not disgraced.

Perhaps we need to do the old fashioned 2 rucks rotating off the bench , so they can both go at maximum intensity.
Resting ruck for Collingwood needs to be manned up by a defender, except when Grundy is resting.

Sincs is good depth. Has class and play some good footy on a struggling team. I would think Joyce, Dmac, geary (due to age) and maybe even savage due to position are in more danger.

think we might see the first year in a while that people want to leave us for opportunity. Sincs, savage, battle, Webster, robo might be of interest to other clubs.

I don't think we'd be paying much for Joyce, and with Brown probably moving on , i'd like to keep him.
People forget how young he is, and how much he's shown for someone new to the sport.
Apart from Sincs being pretty versatile, he's best mates with Billings.
I don't mind Sinclair as a player off the bench , covering others when they rest. I prefer him to Ed or Langlands at this stage.
But then again, i don't know how he goes at training compared to Byrnes or Bytel.

I don't think we'd be paying much for Joyce, and with Brown probably moving on , i'd like to keep him.
People forget how young he is, and how much he's shown for someone new to the sport.
I don't mind Sinclair as a player off the bench , covering others when they rest. I prefer him to Ed or Langlands at this stage.
But then again, i don't know how he goes at training compared to Byrnes or Bytel.
If list sizes decrease next season, every club will end up chopping players who probably deserve to be playing AFL football. Sinclair might be one... all round decent players. Not one skill elite.

Weather doesn't look as bad as first predicted.

Just the forced change for me.

I'd only he tempted to bring in Dunstan if it's pissing down.

I'd prefer Sinclair at this stage as he can play mid, forward and wing.

Don't hate the idea of Marsh or Battle.

Stephenson in for Thomas looks like the only change for Pies according to Stevo

If list sizes decrease next season, every club will end up chopping players who probably deserve to be playing AFL football. Sinclair might be one... all round decent players. Not one skill elite.
A mate of mine that works at the Giants thinks it's unlikely they will go ahead with the dropping of the list size and if anything it will just be a couple less.

Let's hope he is right.

Sincs being mates would have nothing to do with if they keep him or move him on , this is not backyard football , if a club seriously kept a player to keep another happy id be shocked and yes your right Bytel and Byrnes , Langlands, Mayo , Bell ect are the blokes we need to come on , we know what we are going to get out rest ,
Iv only seen Joyce live about 4 times but he goes better up forward than down back IMO

Lack of recognition isn't such a bad thing, that means he is less likely to get attention from opposition teams and can stay under the radar.

He has been a nice POD in my Supercoach team too but that will probably change as more people start to realise how good he is and trade him in.
It’s not lack of recognition from oppo teams. I’m sure they’d know what he can do, if not then their review and oppo analysis is very poor.
It’s more the media and the wider football community. But this could also be the result of playing graveyard games where no one is even watching the games besides supporters.

I wouldn't be giving up hope on Sincs. Hos form a couple of years ago was terrific.

Fair enough, he probably won't become a star, but he's got what it takes to be a handy footballer playing his role.

Unfortunately he just hasn't been able to make any position his own since being shifted from the wing.
He got shifted from the wing as we now have better players for that position , hence look at last years team to this years team , he was handy in a crap team , not good enough now if we are going up the ladder IMO
We need to move on from these GOP , its time to be a bit more brutal

Also just quickly adding on to the Richo talk, someone said the only reason we had such a successful trade period was because he left. That’s downright incorrect. Hill and Jones had already been linked to us while Richo was still in charge, and Hill had chosen us as his destination in July. So for those two players (arguably the two most important) I’d say our coach had no bearing on it.

Obviously prefer Ratts at the helm now but I wish people would stop taking every opportunity to bash Richo. He was a great guy that gave his heart to this club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Richo was basically gone in July though...

He got shifted from the wing as we now have better players for that position , hence look at last years team to this years team , he was handy in a crap team , not good enough now if we are going up the ladder IMO
We need to move on from these GOP , its time to be a bit more brutal
All well and good if we get zero injuries throughout the year.

Even Richmond have plenty of GOP's. Some of which played in a Premiership.

You also need to replace the GOP's with something better. Considering we have one decent draft pick and probably a dozen GOP's I'm not sure how we do that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time:
Grundy: 49 Hitouts, 6 Tackles, 24 Disposals, 11 contested possessions, 5 Clearances 3 Marks
Marshall: 24 Hitouts, 2 Tackles, 16 Disposals, 11 contested possessions, 5 Clearances 3 Marks and a Goal. Beaten but not disgraced.

Against Port:
Grundy: 35 Hitouts, 2 Tackles , 22 Disposals, 14 contested possessions, 6 Clearances 3 Marks.
Ryder : 25 Hitiouts , 3 Tackles, 14 Disposals , 9 contested possessions, 4 Clearances, 3 Marks and a goal. Beaten but not disgraced.

Perhaps we need to do the old fashioned 2 rucks rotating off the bench , so they can both go at maximum intensity.
Resting ruck for Collingwood needs to be manned up by a defender, except when Grundy is resting.

Have Ryder body check Grundy at every contest to soften him up for Marshall too.

I wouldn't be giving up hope on Sincs. Hos form a couple of years ago was terrific.

Fair enough, he probably won't become a star, but he's got what it takes to be a handy footballer playing his role.

Unfortunately he just hasn't been able to make any position his own since being shifted from the wing.

Yep, the type who would actually play better in a better side too. He's very solid depth.

Was very interesting to hear Craig Jennings on Wheatley mention that Roughead had said Hawthorn under Clarko would always pick one player from each team that they would go after.

No surprises now why we had 3 or 4 players go straight to Bont before the bounce.

I wonder if we do the same with Pendles this week.
id do it against de goey, seems more fragile mentally

I think sincs might be best to move on come end of year , i cant see him playing for us again , just like Dmac , time to keep weeding the list out now that it looks like we are heading in the right direction
Time will tell on that one. We have easily half a dozen to move on before Sincs and the only real knock on the kid is low accumulation. To me he's in the try and fix basket.
Not the Dmac Brownie bin..

Last time:

Against Port:

I think the 2018 grand final gave us the template for beating Collingwood and nullifying Grundy, IMHO against Grundy the hitouts don't matter he gets his hands on plenty but all they do is go forward, he's a poor ruckman in a pure ruck sense, his hitouts don't necessarily go to advantage, West Coast didn't even try beating him at the tap, they positioned their ruckmen to be between Grundy and the fall of the ball, tie him up physically thus negating his biggest asset which is as a very large utility mid, his disposals, contested possession and clearances stats are the ones that hurt.

For me we pick Ryder if we believe Paddy can out ruck him and give first use to our mids, the question we don't know the answer to is how are our rucks really going?

With Paddy's weight loss and Marshalls improvement are they upto a straight contest do we push their ego and let them take the challenge of Grundy head on or do either have the smarts and mind set to abnegate their ego for the most effective system, maybe we run Paddy as a direct tap contest and when The Prospect rucks he does so as a large utility a role in which he is very suited to, lots of stuff to watch for.

Weather doesn't look as bad as first predicted.

Just the forced change for me.

I'd only he tempted to bring in Dunstan if it's pissing down.

I'd prefer Sinclair at this stage as he can play mid, forward and wing.

Don't hate the idea of Marsh or Battle.

Stephenson in for Thomas looks like the only change for Pies according to Stevo
Stephenson is the kind of player that gives me nightmares leading up to the game,
especially without Geary.

Was very interesting to hear Craig Jennings on Wheatley mention that Roughead had said Hawthorn under Clarko would always pick one player from each team that they would go after.

No surprises now why we had 3 or 4 players go straight to Bont before the bounce.

I wonder if we do the same with Pendles this week.
If we start doing it every week it will be declared a blight on the game and there will be calls to protect the stars who only have eyes for the ball.
Until Essendon start doing it sometime after and then it will be good to see the return of tough footballers turning the screws on mentally suspect pretenders.

Personally i think it would be horrible to reduce the lists.
If the AFLPA were really what they should be, they'd negotiate a way to keep these sorts of kids, ( who are certainly above State league level ) rather than rewarding the superstars with bigger and better contracts.

It shits me , we'd not had depth for years, and finally we have depth in just about all area's meaning a bit more top end talent and we are there, but we'll be told to dump our depth, then watch a couple of our bigger names get injured and we bottom out from having to play noobs with no experience. Meanwhile teams like the Hawks will be no worse off.
So bloody Stkilda.

Personally i think it would be horrible to reduce the lists.
If the AFLPA were really what they should be, they'd negotiate a way to keep these sorts of kids, ( who are certainly above State league level ) rather than rewarding the superstars with bigger and better contracts.

It shits me , we'd not had depth for years, and finally we have depth in just about all area's meaning a bit more top end talent and we are there, but we'll be told to dump our depth, then watch a couple of our bigger names get injured and we bottom out from having to play noobs with no experience. Meanwhile teams like the Hawks will be no worse off.
So bloody Stkilda.
Apparently the AFL are keen to get an eastern seaboard reserve grade comp going next year too which I don't mind. I don't see how they do that if they reduce list sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back