Preview Round 3, 2021 : Hawks v Cats, Easter Monday 3:20pm @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ceglar has not been very good. But he hasn't been terrible either, which is more to the point. He's been serviceable so far.

Based on form TOB has to be dropped out of the two.
He was very good in the second half against bombers. Outside of that he has been serviceable yes - his stats almost identical to BB.

So let’s forget that we have standards....let’s just play him again this week and hope he actually chases the defenders when the ball hits the deck after getting a rocket.

Forget that we send every other young player back to Box Hill to work on things that they need to improve, let’s just overlook how Kosi put in half-arse efforts to chase.

And while we’re at it, let’s drop experienced players who actually do that, even if they have 3 times as many pressure acts, because they’re over 27 and it’s Round 3.

Just thought I'd put it out there that Kozzie is top 10 for inside 50 tackles per game through the first 2 rounds, now I know that many things constitute pressure acts but could you please provide evidence TOB has 3 times the amount ?

Not that I know of re: pre season. Seems ridiculous that we've not considered it though, given BB couldn't ruck last season & Cegs was injured most of the season (foot). I'd really hope we've considered the scenario whereby one might not be available...

Our Ruckmen have been good around the ground, but their ruckwork is pretty not good. That makes it a worry, especially when we play them in place of an additional midfielder or marking forward. If they were good: sure play two. If they're both average/bad... :shrug: You tell me how Stanley will compete against our 2x Rucks this week?

And I didn't say Cegs should be dropped - I provided two alternatives as to how the ruck work could be completed with only 1x recognised ruckman; one included Cegs without BB.
I’m sure there are contingencies in place, but either way it’s not our preferred option.

Ultimately, my broader point is I just don’t understand why Ceglar has copped more mentions in this thread than any other player. He’s been good and our rucks have generally been ok from a very limited sample size.

There is zero chance he gets dropped, particularly when they are playing well and are fit, and this is the system they prefer.

Just thought I'd put it out there that Kozzie is top 10 for inside 50 tackles per game through the first 2 rounds, now I know that many things constitute pressure acts but could you please provide evidence TOB has 3 times the amount ?
Kosi has 4 pressure acts to his name on the weekend. TOB had 12.

Not sure how dropping one perennially underperforming player in TOB (or Ceglar for that matter) for Lewis somehow equates to throwing in the towel.

Especially when one kid, Day, is already coming out of the side for a more experienced player in Scrimshaw, and yet another youngster in Hanrahan is likely to be dropped for a more experienced player in Wingard.
Your mate suggested that we don’t play either TOB or Ceglar because we’re not playing finals. At 1:1.

Kosi has 4 pressure acts to his name on the weekend. TOB had 12.

Interesting to see what they actually define as a pressure act ? Kozzie had 3 tackles for a start I think so that must have been 3 of his 4 as a tackle must constitute a pressure act surely.

BTW I think it's unlikely Kozzie will be the long term answer either, truth be told our key forward stocks are really in a dire position and I'm just praying one of the kids comes from the clouds to be top quality, we know it won't be TOB at 27 though.

Your mate suggested that we don’t play either TOB or Ceglar because we’re not playing finals. At 1:1.

Also said we'd be no worse IMO if Lewis comes in for one of those 2, I don't think having TOB or Ceglar playing over Lewis makes us better short term either.

A bit left field, if Lewis comes into the side and Kossie stays could TOB be used further up the field, wing may be? He is a very good kick and his hands are good on the ground, does he have the IQ and the tank to run all day. If he was playing though the middle he might get a chance to mark with less body contact and he could be a point of difference over shorter wings.

A bit left field, if Lewis comes into the side and Kossie stays could TOB be used further up the field, wing may be? He is a very good kick and his hands are good on the ground, does he have the IQ and the tank to run all day. If he was playing though the middle he might get a chance to mark with less body contact and he could be a point of difference over shorter wings.

It's an interesting suggestion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Headline referring to Nash.

Interesting to see how critical these write-ups are compared to the previous Box Hill coaches we've had. Great that Sammy is up front about when players are beaten and when they're not performing their role properly.

Oh the Tim O'brien debate again

Interesting to see what they actually define as a pressure act ? Kozzie had 3 tackles for a start I think so that must have been 3 of his 4 as a tackle must constitute a pressure act surely.

BTW I think it's unlikely Kozzie will be the long term answer either, truth be told our key forward stocks are really in a dire position and I'm just praying one of the kids comes from the clouds to be top quality, we know it won't be TOB at 27 though.
Not sure where you are looking at stats but Kosi had one tackle according to the AFL app.

regardless of stats I think it was pretty clear kosi wasn’t putting in the same defensive effort. He also took his man towards the ball it seems as even when O’Brien lost his own opponent, kosi’s came and spoiled.

It's up to these young forwards to tear down the door and take the spot for themselves. If they are good enough, they won't be ignored. If they can't get past TOB, then that prob says more about the player than the coaching staff which a lot of these posts seem to insinuate.

Not sure where you are looking at stats but Kosi had one tackle according to the AFL app.

regardless of stats I think it was pretty clear kosi wasn’t putting in the same defensive effort. He also took his man towards the ball it seems as even when O’Brien lost his own opponent, kosi’s came and spoiled.

In Kosi's defense I reckon it might have been the opposite - he was probably tailing his man to the ball. Richmond peel off and assist very well.

Hey guys just a fantasy related question, with the injuries to your defence do you think it will be a good idea to bring in Impey as a unique pick? Scoring around 80s first 2 weeks and should have a decent role

I dont know what their costs are but I would bring in Hardwick or CJ for supercoach before Impey. Hardwick takes the lions share of kick ins and CJ is in hot form.

Also said we'd be no worse IMO if Lewis comes in for one of those 2, I don't think having TOB or Ceglar playing over Lewis makes us better short term either.
So again, you’ll drop TOB or Ceglar instead of the guy who couldn’t impact the game once the ball hit the deck.

I’ve been a big advocate for Kosi but he didn’t do the fundamentals on the weekend, and he’s far more deserving of some time at Box Hill to work on his deficiencies than Ceglar or TOB. Particularly when we’re facing the Cats.

Chad is going to be crucial for us this week assuming he is in, we have been seriously missing a point of difference in our midfield.

No idea how fit he will be but if he can play at least 50/50 mid/fwd it will give us an entirely new dynamic coming out of the middle.

Excited to see the Chad again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back