Preview Round 3, 2024: Essendon v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 30th March, 4:20PM AEDT *HASTIE DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Bombers

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 65 83.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose we are going for pace again with the Hastie pick. Honestly shocked he got the call up but I’m all for it. Great drafting, hope he has a good hit out

That’s a great video too, nice to see batch tbh, Ross knocking on the window, Angus all speechless, get around it

Also, why did George get the arse?

What have I missed here? Is this another case of hamstring awareness leading up to match day?

Word on the street is George was assed for poor moderation by carding a tigers poster that was then put over the points penalty and got banned.
Dard was the contacted by the ministry of magic and treated poorly, then temp banned from posting on the Saints board only.

We cant discuss it on here bexuse it's against forum rules, so u asking and me answering is prob going to get us both in trouble

Great work Birdman
Got us both in the s**t

Just got a quick moment to type something after training today. Hastie lining up next to Hill on the wing in match sim. I've just read news he will get a call up. Whilst it's somewhat from the clouds, I believe that is only because we thought (as a half back) that he was behind many others. The kid is very well rounded as a footballer, even still, was definitely not expecting this.

Ross was very vocal today, and to be fair, we looked pretty rusty. Hopefully we just needed to blow out the cobwebs today. I'm guessing Ross picked up on that hence his added intensity. Very positive and encouraging to the kids, especially Wilson.

Hammer has some serious fire in his belly and was a standout today. I wouldn't be surprised if he kicks a bag with a dozen marks.

I'm not sure if he's doing the extra work or the coaches are making him but Windy was the last to finish yet again. Working on (what I believe is his biggest weakness) his 20-25m passing.

As previously stated, same rehab group as Tuesday minus Seb who was in main training. Doogs quite proppy, Dow looking in terrific nick - can't wait to see him come in.

Other than that, not a huge amount to report. As previously said Keels continues to impress, Jones looks revitalised, Arie continuing to grow (guessing will be blooded in the 2s for a month or so), King looked sharp, any questions I can try to answer.

I am wary of this week, I don't know what it is but I've got a feeling this could be one of those games where we expect to win but bottle it. I bloody hope I'm very very wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hubnester

Unpin this, please. The direction given by up above has been to tell you this way.

Secondly, I hope you're ready to post the match day thread at 12:01am on the match day, just like George would. Now that you're the mod in charge here, according to cheif, the responsibilities are on you to maintain this forum. It's a high bar that George set, I presume you're up to the challenge on account of landing the role of head moderator on this part of the forum.

Come on down the Boris special! Exciting stuff. Can't help but think if 2MP was playing for the injectors it might have been a different selection. To think we've still got another handful of kids knocking at the door, injuries aside things are on the up! It's refreshing to see kids blooded without fear.

Hubnester

Unpin this, please. The direction given by up above has been to tell you this way.

Secondly, I hope you're ready to post the match day thread at 12:01am on the match day, just like George would. Now that you're the mod in charge here, according to cheif, the responsibilities are on you to maintain this forum. It's a high bar that George set, I presume you're up to the challenge on account of landing the role of head moderator on this part of the forum.
The King is dead...long live the King

Just got a quick moment to type something after training today. Hastie lining up next to Hill on the wing in match sim. I've just read news he will get a call up. Whilst it's somewhat from the clouds, I believe that is only because we thought (as a half back) that he was behind many others. The kid is very well rounded as a footballer, even still, was definitely not expecting this.

Ross was very vocal today, and to be fair, we looked pretty rusty. Hopefully we just needed to blow out the cobwebs today. I'm guessing Ross picked up on that hence his added intensity. Very positive and encouraging to the kids, especially Wilson.

Hammer has some serious fire in his belly and was a standout today. I wouldn't be surprised if he kicks a bag with a dozen marks.

I'm not sure if he's doing the extra work or the coaches are making him but Windy was the last to finish yet again. Working on (what I believe is his biggest weakness) his 20-25m passing.

As previously stated, same rehab group as Tuesday minus Seb who was in main training. Doogs quite proppy, Dow looking in terrific nick - can't wait to see him come in.

Other than that, not a huge amount to report. As previously said Keels continues to impress, Jones looks revitalised, Arie continuing to grow (guessing will be blooded in the 2s for a month or so), King looked sharp, any questions I can try to answer.

I am wary of this week, I don't know what it is but I've got a feeling this could be one of those games where we expect to win but bottle it. I bloody hope I'm very very wrong.
Thanks for this, nice summary. I think one of Hammer's main challenges might be reigning himself in for this one! Also really pleased to hear RE Ross and Wilson, burn them publicly but encourage them privately, perfecto.

Clearly a changed man it seems.

Changed man, or is it also what he has been hired for is different?

Remember that RTB has been brought in this time to BUILD a Premiership Team.

First time round, his brief was to win it, and and to win it now.

I think many unfairly judge Ross on what he did the first time around in terms of player development, as he was not brought in to build a team for the future. He was brought in to make the most of the cattle he had with only some minor tweeks.

Hastie is a left field rookie selection, I thought Garcia or Schoenmaker were more of a chance on recent form.

Anyway good luck to him, I'm sure RTB has picked him for a good reason so hopefully he justifies his selection.

Also interesting that Essendon have dropped Tsatas, he was the guy that the Dodo picked ahead of Phillipou lol.

I would have Butler sub by way of missing far to much pre season. I can't see how he'd be close to full fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back