Preview Round 3, 2024: Hawthorn v Geelong, 1st April 3:20pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't recall seeing anyone say Frost should be dropped in this thread. Most posts about Frost have been complimentary of his games so far.
There’s been a few naming Frost to be dropped.

The less said about them the better.

He’s been fine, and continues to avoid the Box Hill Hawks’ magnet board for his 5th successive season.

This is how I think we should line up…

IN Hustwaite Phillips
OUT Gunston Maginness

FB Weddle Frost Sicily
HB Impey Scrimshaw Phillips
C Amon Hustwaite Ward
HF Ginnivan Lewis Nash
F Watson Chol Hardwick
FOL Reeves Newcombe Worpel

INT D'Ambrosio Mackenzie Macdonald Moore
SUB Breust

He’s been rock solid both games.

People might be concerned about him matching up on Hawkins, but it would be mad to play a debutant on him.
If we’re playing Phillips it has to be in addition to Frost, not in place of.

If we do play him then I wouldn’t be expecting him to be beating Hawkins or Cameron in too many one on ones. What I would expect is that he competes and frees Sicily and Scrimshaw up to peel off their opponents to come and intercept.

Everyone calling for Ramsden- he kicked 1.3 in the VFL last week- do we really need another player in spraying set shots everywhere? Make him prove he can finish his chances at the level below before getting a call up…

Also those calling for Seamus- very unlikely as he was still on limited minutes at VFL level last week after interrupted preseason through injury. You can’t just keep asking for your favourite young player in if they aren’t performing/ready to play…
Ramsden to play second ruck role with some time up forward to stretch the opposition. Otherwise we end up playing Chol as second ruck and deny us the second tall and Stewart has a field day.

The people calling for Ethan Phillips clearly didn’t watch the box hill game. Most of his marks were uncontested they switched using him as the deepest defender. Played ok but needs a block before he should be considered. Frost has been our best defender no way he gets dropped ridiculous call. 2 changes for mine. Can’t play Breust and Gunston one out and Maginness no match up and quite frankly we need to move past him. Hustwaite and Morrison in to expose their lack of midfield anything.
Phillips (Hawkins) comes in but Frost (Cameron) stays as well. Scrimshaw to the third tall and assist.

Hardwick Frost Sicily
Weddle Phillips Impey
Amon Nash DAmbrosio
Moore Lewis Ginnivan
Scrimshaw (Stewart) Chol Bruest

Reeves Worpel Newcombe

I- McKenzie, Ward, McDonald, Husthwaite

S- Watson

IN Phillips, Huss
OUT Gunston, McGuiness

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hardwick Frost Sicily
Weddle Phillips Impey
Amon Nash DAmbrosio
Moore Lewis Ginnivan
Scrimshaw (Stewart) Chol Bruest

Reeves Worpel Newcombe

I- McKenzie, Ward, McDonald, Husthwaite

S- Watson

IN Phillips, Huss
OUT Gunston, McGuiness

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Absolutely 0% chance of the wiz being the sub

Can't recall seeing anyone say Frost should be dropped in this thread. Most posts about Frost have been complimentary of his games so far.
Saw it multiple times early on then skipped a fair few pages. Anyway spots need to be earned and Philips whilst fine isn’t ready Hawkins would lock his lips as a 350th present.

I don't see why we can't play Phillips and Frost, and let Sicily play a free-er role. Phillip, Frost and Scrimshaw to take Hawkins, Cameron and Henry.

Not sure how Morrison is going to expose anything. Butler should be an option though, hopefully he gets a run of games to show that he's got something to offer.
You can, I just said it looked like people only read his stats and equated it with a far better game than he had.
Morrison is better than Ward on a wing as of now. Depth in midfield to hopefully expose their lack of it was my point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The people calling for Ethan Phillips clearly didn’t watch the box hill game. Most of his marks were uncontested they switched using him as the deepest defender. Played ok but needs a block before he should be considered. Frost has been our best defender no way he gets dropped ridiculous call. 2 changes for mine. Can’t play Breust and Gunston one out and Maginness no match up and quite frankly we need to move past him. Hustwaite and Morrison in to expose their lack of midfield anything.
Interestingly enough, you could actually bring in Phillips without dropping Frost, and free up Sis

IN Hustwaite Phillips
OUT Gunston Maginness
FB Weddle Frost Sicily
HB Impey Scrimshaw Phillips
C
Amon Hustwaite Ward
HF Ginnivan Lewis Nash
F Watson Chol Hardwick
FOL Reeves Newcombe Worpel

INT D'Ambrosio Mackenzie Macdonald Moore
SUB Breust
Phillips off the HBF?

Seeing Burgoyne 4 spots below Phillips, 7 spots below Kosi and 9 below Hartigan just looks weird.

I know he was at the end of his career but it still doesn’t seem right lol :drunk:
Totally haha! IIRC, he was used as a sub quite a few times that season?

Crazy to think that Silk was playing only three seasons ago--well 2 and bit considering it's so early in 2024.

Feels like a very LONG time ago.

Interesting to note that Bolton and McRae were there voting in their respective roles. But two years later they're celebrating a premiership.

Phillips (Hawkins) comes in but Frost (Cameron) stays as well. Scrimshaw to the third tall and assist.

Frost hasn’t had the tank at any point of his career to run with Cameron. If Phillips lined up on Hawkins the cats would expose that immediately. Imo they are the best in the league at creating 1v1’s and Hawkins is a smart player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back