defeated
Adelaide Crows - 9.15 (69)

B: Luke Brown, Ben Rutten, Andy Otten
HB: Matthew Jaensch, Daniel Talia, Brent Reilly
C: Nathan van Berlo, Scott Thompson, David Mackay
HF: Jared Petrenko, Taylor Walker, Rory Sloane
F: Richard Douglas, Josh Jenkins, Jason Porplyzia
RUCKS: Sam Jacobs, Patrick Dangerfield, Matthew Wright
INTERCHANGE FROM: Ian Callinan, Brad Crouch, Ricky Henderson, Graham Johncock, Sam Kerridge, Tom Lynch, Bernie Vince
IN: Graham Johncock, Sam Kerridge, Tom Lynch

We do what we can control, they can't beat us. If we compete, as our contested ball numbers under this coach says we do. If we maintain structure (which they don't have an answer to) If we are accountable to our opponents. They'll eventually break down, at some point, no matter how well they play.

They actually have no tactical advantage anywhere on the field, other than endevour or results against two teams Norwood would scare.

It's ours to lose.

Sando has a different Showown approach to Craigy, while Craigy preferred to treat games against Port no different to any other game Sando makes every effort to build it up and wants the players to embrace he occasion

The boys should be raring to go, we ave a more mature game plan, a game built on contested footy, we have stronger bodies across the part and more top end talent

Time to deliver a reality check

Let's bloody hope so. But the wait is killing me, hate Sunday twilight showdowns

I'm going to a midday session to see GI Joe to help pass the time
Lucky for some, having that opportunity. But no, not me. Working until 2pm, then it'll have to be straight to the footy. Days like these go so slow.

CARN the Crows! Going to be disappointed if we get done tonight.

I'm spewing that the Hawks/ Pies match over laps with ours. really wanted to watch the whole thing, wish it was the earlier game

But i'll watch the Dogs/Tigers game up until Pies game starts, then watch that until Crows come on to turn off the Power

Have to focus on pressure on the ball carrier early, it would've been non existent against Dees and GWS. Should win comfortably

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we can really frighten Port early on, and put some pressure on their raw half backs in particular.

I'm feeling that Dougy is in for a big game for some reason, also think Schulz and Westhoff will loom large.

Not sure what to expect from Walker, but he has a real opportunity against Port's KPDs. Finger crossed he blows them away

Power are not as good as us, simple as that. Time to show it. Crows by 83 points.
Geez, we're playing pretty ordinary football at the moment.

Would be mightily relieved with a win. Any win.

I hope you are wrong.

For the record, there has not been a Showdown where both teams have kicked 100+ points.
I think I'm wrong ;)
I doubt Tredrea will kick 7 first quarter goals

What, red carded despite posting 2 minutes ago? Was this Dirty Bird?

PS: Go Crows!!!
Chief's been doing some testing on my account. :)
And yes, my name was tarnished, needed a new name :)

I have two concerns about this game.

Port getting it out of our HF line and having an easy run to goal with their quick runners. This will also bring Hoff into the game. That is how they beat GWS last week, and I do see other sides get the ball out of our HF line too easily and have concerned about it for some time.

Us putting a quick five goals on the board and going to "sleep" and thinking the game is won. I will be a tad bit nervous if we are five goals up at quarter time.

However across every line we are the better side.

Even in his form slump, for his par, Jaconbs is better than both Renouf and Lobbe.
Our midfield is far better at contested ball and clearances. Their best contested clearance winner is Wines and last week he looked buggered. He has been doing a lot of work in the past two games for an 18 year old kid. Against our midfield he should struggle big time.
Their backline has an issue defending key forwards. Jenkins had 6 shots on goal against them in the T20 mini game and outmarked their KPD with ease. I reckon he could have a big game if they focus on Tex. Hendo could be a handfull for them as well.
Our backline is a bit of a weakness, but I reckon they are still better than their forwards. Neade could be a handfull though.

Who will go with Westhoff? Floppy Henderson seems like a good option for a tagging job on him, can't really afford to let him cut you up

Our midfield is far better at contested ball and clearances. Their best contested clearance winner is Wines and last week he looked buggered. He has been doing a lot of work in the past two games for an 18 year old kid. Against our midfield he should struggle big time.
Their backline has an issue defending key forwards. Jenkins had 6 shots on goal against them in the T20 mini game and outmarked their KPD with ease. I reckon he could have a big game if they focus on Tex. Hendo could be a handfull for them as well.
Our backline is a bit of a weakness, but I reckon they are still better than their forwards. Neade could be a handfull though.
Very important test for Brown I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back