Game Day Round 3 Adelaide v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly for anyone who actually thought going into the game that Port were going to trounce Adelaide by 7+ goals you'd either have to be totally deluded supporter and/or suffer from a severe lack of football nous.

Without being disrespectful, I was serious and based it on logical analysis. 7 goals isn't much in today's game, a reasonably close 26 point margin can easily blow out to 42 points with 3 junk time goals.

A quick summary of my analysis leading in: Crows form had been down, Port’s up. Crows were coming of a hard fought away game in the wet/humid QLD, Port off a comfy home game v GWS. Port had been generating large numbers of shots on goal (39 GWS, 38 Melb, 27 Swans) whilst restricting opponents to low 20s or under, Crows had been averaging mid 20s whilst their opponents had similar. For periods during showdowns last year the Crows struggled at times with our zoning, but we couldn't maintain it, whilst your form players cut us up… several things had changed since then: our fitness, our ruck quality, midfield quality (allowing us to play an extra ruck instead of an extra mid). Our motivation to gain respect this year is still strong: 1st Rd Melb was important for the 1st game, GWS for JMac, but the Crows were our 1st real test to earn respect. Crows possibly had the weight of expectation (both internally and publicly) based on 2012 results.

So based on the above I thought it would have been a close game through the 1st half before Port would pull away in the 3rd and 4th. Port would generate around high 25-30 scoring shots and Crows around 15-20… conversion deciding the overall margin. In the end it was 33 to 29. To the Crows credit they converted better and pulled away early in the 3rd (which I got wrong), before Port ran out the game stronger.

Seriously wasn't trying to be be "deluded", but on current form and analysis was what I predicted... and what I got wrong. :)

Without .....Seriously wasn't trying to be be "deluded", but on current form and analysis was what I predicted... and what I got wrong. :)
What we did see was port playing as well as they have since pre season, and the crows, apart from 10 minutes, playing as poorly as they have since pre season...and yet the margin was only 9 points. What would you conclude from that?

What we did see was port playing as well as they have since pre season, and the crows, apart from 10 minutes, playing as poorly as they have since pre season...and yet the margin was only 9 points. What would you conclude from that?
Lucky.

Without being disrespectful, I was serious and based it on logical analysis. 7 goals isn't much in today's game, a reasonably close 26 point margin can easily blow out to 42 points with 3 junk time goals.

A quick summary of my analysis leading in: Crows form had been down, Port’s up. Crows were coming of a hard fought away game in the wet/humid QLD, Port off a comfy home game v GWS. Port had been generating large numbers of shots on goal (39 GWS, 38 Melb, 27 Swans) whilst restricting opponents to low 20s or under, Crows had been averaging mid 20s whilst their opponents had similar. For periods during showdowns last year the Crows struggled at times with our zoning, but we couldn't maintain it, whilst your form players cut us up… several things had changed since then: our fitness, our ruck quality, midfield quality (allowing us to play an extra ruck instead of an extra mid). Our motivation to gain respect this year is still strong: 1st Rd Melb was important for the 1st game, GWS for JMac, but the Crows were our 1st real test to earn respect. Crows possibly had the weight of expectation (both internally and publicly) based on 2012 results.

So based on the above I thought it would have been a close game through the 1st half before Port would pull away in the 3rd and 4th. Port would generate around high 25-30 scoring shots and Crows around 15-20… conversion deciding the overall margin. In the end it was 33 to 29. To the Crows credit they converted better and pulled away early in the 3rd (which I got wrong), before Port ran out the game stronger.

Seriously wasn't trying to be be "deluded", but on current form and analysis was what I predicted... and what I got wrong. :)

What's logical to you is asinine to others.

The margin was an accurate reflection of a developing side who is currently riding high on confidence against a more credentialed side who is down on confidence. No question that Port have improved this year, but to believe that Port had improved to the degree where they would easily account for Adelaide to the tune of 7 goals is lunacy.

Talk about a melt down. Pull your head in, even your fellow supporters will agree with me on this.

Playing hungry hungry hypocrites again Rory ?

Maybe he should have told him to "piss off back to your circle jerk forum along with the other tossers"

What's logical to you is asinine to others.

The margin was an accurate reflection of a developing side who is currently riding high on confidence against a more credentialed side who is down on confidence. No question that Port have improved this year, but to believe that Port had improved to the degree where they would easily account for Adelaide to the tune of 7 goals is lunacy.

If you think the margin was an accurate reflection of the game then fair enough.:thumbsu:

Port Fans - stop baiting Alex.
Alex - stop being such a thin skinned little cry baby.

Any further carrying on from either party will result in card being handed out.

I'm not bring a cry baby, I rather enjoy their charitable donations to mt like button.

Bailey will work with the Crows' midfield and focus on match-day strategies, with the official title of strategy and innovation coach. Adelaide was top 2 last year in centre square clearances with the combination of Jacobs / danger , Jacobs / thommo etc. dean bailey was very highly commended back in 2011 for the dominance of jamer and molenly in this same area. The point I'm trying to make is that I believe dean was a big part behind our midfield dominance last year.
Must admit I was also worried about losing Bailey's match day experience when we got the Dees suspension. You want quick strategic minds in the box & we lost arguably our best one. May explain why we haven't reacted tactically as well as last year on match day.

Bad kicking for goal on Port's part. You need to convert your chances in front of goal. Even the most ardent of Crows supporters would have to admit that the margin should have bigger than it was.

IMO I think you need to get Johnston into the team. Either he or Walker need to play the lead up forward and the other one stays at home in the square. I was relieved that Walker got most of his possessions further up the ground yesterday as he is far more dangerous closer to goal.

I'm not bring a cry baby, I rather enjoy their charitable donations to mt like button.
StanFacepalm.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back