Game Day Round 3 Adelaide v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Did the umpiring look as bad on TV as it did on the ground?
Yes. I was pretty mad for a while.

It was bad both ways though.

Anyways, I don't think Adelaide were as bad as its been made out, they put up a decent fight and I was worried until that last minute ticked over. You can't ask for too much more than that. There is always a loser in close games.

Yes. I was pretty mad for a while.

It was bad both ways though.

Anyways, I don't think Adelaide were as bad as its been made out, they put up a decent fight and I was worried until that last minute ticked over. You can't ask for too much more than that. There is always a loser in close games.
Well said.

I thought jacobs was pretty good

Jacobs shouldered the load last year and by the end it was clear to Sando that his work load had to be managed. I wonder if his preseason has been managed so he lasts the distance and what other posters are reading into it isn't quite the full picture. We all know he can dominate the ruck, perhaps our mids are letting him down.

dean bailey’s suspension has been massively underrated i reckon! He was such an integral part of the Sammy j’s performance last year! Our clearance work has been horrible the first 3 rounds and clearly him not being there on game day has impacted on the results so far this year! F***ing AFL punishing our footy club for Melbourne’s mistakes!

Must be over soon?

How long dud he get? 6 weeks wasn't it.

Tonight was shit, Crows are going nowhere fast, good teams don't lose games when they are up by 33 points in the 3rd quarter with all the momentum. That is what pea-hearted, unfit, lazy teams filled with passengers and hacks do.

Hawthorn, Freo

Well, in that case. I feel it's almost time to hit the....panic station.

Being sarcastic is your opinion which is fine J The fact of the matter is sammy j was taught a lesson in rd 1 by bellchambers, out classed in rd 2 by a guy who played his first game of afl footy in 18 months leuenberger, and today was out done again. Clearly there is a structural problem here and it needs to be fixed fast!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dean bailey’s suspension has been massively underrated i reckon! He was such an integral part of the Sammy j’s performance last year! Our clearance work has been horrible the first 3 rounds and clearly him not being there on game day has impacted on the results so far this year! F***ing AFL punishing our footy club for Melbourne’s mistakes!

I don't agree with Bailey being suspended, but what did he have to do with Jacobs?

Simply enough, the AFL is ****ing us up big time just to please the other clubs that whinged over our soft draw.
We are the saddest club sometimes...

I don't agree with Bailey being suspended, but what did he have to do with Jacobs?

Bailey will work with the Crows' midfield and focus on match-day strategies, with the official title of strategy and innovation coach. Adelaide was top 2 last year in centre square clearances with the combination of Jacobs / danger , Jacobs / thommo etc. dean bailey was very highly commended back in 2011 for the dominance of jamer and molenly in this same area. The point I'm trying to make is that I believe dean was a big part behind our midfield dominance last year.

Well the Powers new/young brigade certainly played well against us. Interestingly ,players who in previous seasons would have been walk-up starts for a game like a showdown are Playing SANFL (Cassisi, Matt Thomas, Logan). Drop some "gold pass" players, and if they are good enough they can find their way back into the lineup. Need to see Lyons/Kerridge/Martin/Johnston/Lynch/Grigg etc ASAP and give them some solid gametime.

Not here to say much... except it was an entertaining game of football (except some huge stuffs ups by players on both sides and obviously, for you guys, the end-result). It was probably one of the best showdown crowds I've been to, things seemed civil/fun between both supporter groups and I didn't see any tension etc (that has been "reported" in the past)... which IMO is hugely important for SA footy as we head to AO.

Only thing I will say about the actual game (with full respect) is that I was surprised that the Crows got to 30 odd points in front. I tipped Port by around 42 points, not because I think we're that much better than the Crows, but because at this point in time Port have form + motivation... conversely the Crows are lacking a bit of both. Had the April Crows of 2012 played the April Port of 2013 it would have been a hell of a close game to pick. So anyway I thought the game would have been close throughout before Port kicked away, but the Crows did surprise me by getting out to a 5 goal lead.

'Til next time

I tipped Port by around 42 points

Surely you're taking the piss, even though the Crows are down on form a result like that was never going to be in the cards.

Honestly for anyone who actually thought going into the game that Port were going to trounce Adelaide by 7+ goals you'd either have to be totally deluded supporter and/or suffer from a severe lack of football nous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back