Toast Round 3 = Brisbane Lions 72-92 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

That is ridiculous playing 3 games in 12 days/4 in 19 days/4 games before April!
As well as the super tough opposition the AFL put us up against early season. It was as if the AFL were deliberately trying to sabotage our start. They give us 2 games against our PF & GF opponents both AWAY from home and the Swans to unfurl our flag 90 min before the game when nobody is there and they knew Sydney would be cherry ripe for the start of the year. They probably thought we'd get over the Saints but Ross has them flying early as well. A very rude 4 week patch handed to us as our reward as premier. It is as if the AFL want a different team to win this season. Imagine that! Well, let's hope we give 'em all another nice big s**t burger to eat.

The defence was much better. As Billy said after the game he is building chemistry with Howe and Moore. I think once they build together Moore will be confident going back to his intercept marking best. He had lots of effective spoils last night but when he’s at his best he is marking half of those. Although Brisbane forwards have also gotten the best of us in the past so maybe spoiling was the best option.

Dammit I adore Bobby Hill but in his interview with BT he gave the most vanilla cliche "full credit to the boys" answers imaginable. To be fair it might just be because they don't respect BT
Media training.

Never in doubt! How many times have we seen the club backs to the wall and then travel interstate for a great win.

I think the team needs Noble playing each week. Apart from his performance, he is what the club is about. He puts in 110% each week and squeezes everything out of himself. The backline loves him.

Frampton was enormous. Daniher has always been that thorn in our side. Not only did he keep him quiet, he seemed to play with a lot of confidence getting a bit of the ball and delivering is well by foot.

Also a little shout out for Hoskin-Elliott. His versatility and skill is important for us. I think the commentators severely underplayed him winning that ball and skilfully delivering it to Elliot for a goal in that last quarter.

The defence was much better. As Billy said after the game he is building chemistry with Howe and Moore. I think once they build together Moore will be confident going back to his intercept marking best. He had lots of effective spoils last night but when he’s at his best he is marking half of those. Although Brisbane forwards have also gotten the best of us in the past so maybe spoiling was the best option.
I think the pregame focus was clearly on spoiling.
Some of our players spoiled when they could have marked, and some of the spoils didn't go out of bounds, or far enough downfield.
In any case, the performance was a huge improvement on what we've seen in previous weeks.

Reef competes so much harder then ash Johnson, always makes a contest I don’t want to see Johnson play ahead of reef ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agree with that. Did his part well. Would like to see him put on a bit of bulk though. He did get eased aside, and under the ball quite a bit.

Tinker Bell is lightning fast

She would be capable of touching any football before it passed the goal line

We would never lose a game with a defender with this capacity

Stop dissing fairies big boy

Must be how the old "physically challenged" captain hook keeps getting her...1 arm an all.
Bit of physical pressure and she goes to water.

Don't tell me how to use my own descriptive words to fit into your world view.
We have been playing soft bruise free footy like tutu wearing fairies skirting around the edges until last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must be how the old "physically challenged" captain hook keeps getting her...1 arm an all.
Bit of physical pressure and she goes to water.

Don't tell me how to use my own descriptive words to fit into your world view.
We have been playing soft bruise free footy like tutu wearing fairies skirting around the edges until last night.

Expect your lexicon is large enough that you can avoid homophobic pejoratives

Well, in fairness, if it was your job to get these things right, who would you have tipped?
Feeling no obligation to be fair to the media - they were absorbed in their own commentary (noise) about us

Did Hipwood actually play who ever played on him did a excellent job
Hipwood doesn’t need anyone to play on him to look like a potato.

Not Daniher’s best game, but I’d love him in our side. Almost the perfect KPF for our game style.

That was awesome. Went last night expecting a torrid time and that was so but the end result was sweet.
Had a couple of pregame beers at The Norman on the way. Pies premiership cap firmly in place, you can imagine the reception from the locals 😂. Chatted with a couple of other Pies fans who also weren’t confident but alls well that ends well.
The playing of the songs after each goal is such s**t and more ******* annoying than I thought possible.
Walking out after the game hearing how the umpires were our best players again was sweeter music than Country Roads.

Was a bold move by McFly to drop Sidey and demote Crispy to the sub vest, but it did the trick and put everyone on notice that the season is on. I was not sure about the decision but it was a clear message and the players responded with a very strong defensive effort. Overall we were patchy at times, plenty of errors and that 2nd qtr was abysmal. After half time we were very good and looked more like our usual selves.

I won't say we are back yet, beat the Hawks and I may have a re-think but we rarely do beat that mob. Time for the club to turn the tables and really give them a belting for once.
We don't usually win in Brisbane either. It's hoodoo smashing time.

He only had that status to oppo nuffies and dumb Pies fans that couldn't see the obvious role he was playing on the day.

Andrews dominated against Carlton in the prelim and was practically invisible for the first 3qtrs on GF day. Billy was give a job to do that day and he did it.
If just one or two of those dropped marks had stuck, Andrews would still be having nightmares

Expect your lexicon is large enough that you can avoid homophobic pejoratives

I was talking about actual fairies, like actually tinkerbell. The mythical beings. Wings, tutus and fairy dust.

Nothing to do with being homosexual, which have had some pretty tough mma and RL players in the past.
Not sure how being gay makes you softer then the next person?
Unless they were taking hormone blockers but that's another thing entirely.

That's your own preconceived ideas if you defaulted to there.
Again given people are offended by anything these days, I'll continue to post my own thoughts and descriptors how i see fit.
If you want to see and take offence about mythical beings that's on you not me.

I was talking about actual fairies, like actually tinkerbell. The mythical beings. Wings, tutus and fairy dust.

Nothing to do with being homosexual, which have had some pretty tough mma and RL players in the past.
Not sure how being gay makes you softer then the next person?
Unless they were taking hormone blockers but that's another thing entirely.

That's your own preconceived ideas if you defaulted to there.
Again given people are offended by anything these days, I'll continue to post my own thoughts and descriptors how i see fit.
If you want to see and take offence about mythical beings that's on you not me.

Fair enough

Onward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back