VFL Round 3 - Collingwood vs Essendon at Victoria Park (Pies WON 106-78! Replay links in OP! #DonsIrked)

Remove this Banner Ad

But my advise to the posters taking the bait, don't. It's got nothing to do with Oxley or any other player, it's usually all about the posters self indulgence.

Well said Pancit

... Or are you secretly a Carlton troll?

Glad you brought up ‘Carlton troll’ ...

... here’s the bottom of the current AFL ladder:

F5A97ABC-DB6D-4FF8-94FB-BD3B932B92DE.jpeg

... the 2018 AFLW ladder
07F77B8F-DB88-405B-A2FF-5E7318B0DF29.jpeg
... the VFL ladder. We just need Coburg to get their percentage up a bit. Go Coburg!!!!

0AAA9E57-EF4F-4744-B03F-46FC83D6FCF8.jpeg

Steve Austin’s body is the way to go
The wrestler?

He was something else in his hey day.

All time great.

But ofcourse nobody but nobody was greater than The Man.
To be the man, you’ve got to beat the man
Whooooo

Ric Flair

6 million dollar man
Lee majors meh.

Only worth 6 million.

Buddy doesn’t get out of bed for less than 9 million

:D

Stone Cold now there’s a real dude.

CFC is more than willing to come to the defence, quite strongly too, of our players.

When he makes an exception, and it is an exception, there is a very good reason.

In the case of Oxley, I agree with him 100%.

I probably snarked a bit, but can there be a bit more perspective on our players. Ok, Oxley hasn't developed how we likes. He has weaknesses. But not everything is so black and white. :)

4iJGarm.png

HkR1KMa.png

That's a nasty differential on the clearances, 29 to 49 in their favour. I reckon we won all of 2-3 centre clearances. Despite the size of Sier and Wills, they have some work to do in translating that physical presence into clearances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that a young Vince McMahon on the other side?
Not quite sure, I’m not thinking so, doesn’t quite look like him.
But was a while back.

That's a nasty differential on the clearances, 29 to 49 in their favour. I reckon we won all of 2-3 centre clearances. Despite the size of Sier and Wills, they have some work to do in translating that physical presence into clearances.

Then why did we win quiet Easily in the End while getting Smashed in the Clearances?

Then why did we win quiet Easily in the End while getting Smashed in the Clearances?

Better ball movement around the ground more generally, and we had a reasonably effective forward line compared to Essendon.

We did well with the umps as well!

Edit: I suppose the point to make is that the statistics don't always reflect the flow of the game. However, losing the clearances like that against some other teams (e.g. Richmond) will more likely result in a belting.

I wouldn't blame Sier and Wills entirely. Check out the differential in hitouts. Lynch took some nice marks around the ground, but he got murdered in the ruck by Leuenberger. Look fair play to the kid, he is improving, he looked utterly lost this time last year, but his ruck work has a long long way to go. He really needs to work on his leap.

I wouldn't blame Sier and Wills entirely. Check out the differential in hitouts. Lynch took some nice marks around the ground, but he got murdered in the ruck by Leuenberger. Look fair play to the kid, he is improving, he looked utterly lost this time last year, but his ruck work has a long long way to go. He really needs to work on his leap.

No doubt the hit-outs made it tougher for the mids, but a lot of those weren't necessarily to Essendon's advantage and in any case there's a need to read the opposition ruckman better than we did.

But I think you're right that the mids shouldn't get all the blame, because they certainly weren't given good service by Lynch or McLarty. I thought that Lynch worked into the game well enough around the ground, but his timing in ruck contests is horrible at the moment. Hopefully it improves.

I think we played our best when McLarty was in the Ruck and Lynch was Forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back