Preview Round 3 vs Richmond @ MCG, Sunday 4.00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doubt Francis plays, they don't have a tall forward line. Wouldn't be surprised if ladhams gets a gig, Grundy was run a bit ragged against two fresh rucks so might be the case if Naismith is confirmed. Bit of a raffle with Mitchell, Corey and Konstanty. Makes sense that Horse doesn't want wicks starting sub again, don't mind if we chop and change the sub to balance game time but at the same time Wicks is the clear and obvious player out of that lot who makes us stronger so not too sure how I feel about it. Deserved another full senior game.

Corey isn't quite up to the pace of AFL just yet. Much improved last week but he looks sloppy when making back to back efforts. He has to play his trade in the vfl for a fair stretch imo.

Doubt Francis plays, they don't have a tall forward line. Wouldn't be surprised if ladhams gets a gig, Grundy was run a bit ragged against two fresh rucks so might be the case if Naismith is confirmed. Bit of a raffle with Mitchell, Corey and Konstanty. Makes sense that Horse doesn't want wicks starting sub again, don't mind if we chop and change the sub to balance game time but at the same time Wicks is the clear and obvious player out of that lot who makes us stronger so not too sure how I feel about it. Deserved another full senior game.

Corey isn't quite up to the pace of AFL just yet. Much improved last week but he looks sloppy when making back to back efforts. He has to play his trade in the vfl for a fair stretch imo.
They have Lynch, Balta and Lefau, all taller than all of McCartin, Melican and Rampe.

Still, I wouldn't play Francis. And if we go with him as sub, the selectors are making a dumb decision just like they have before when they put him as sub.

I must have been watching a different match

I really want Mitchell & Konstanty to play purely for the sake of seeing how they stack up in firsts.

Curates egg. Mitchell has had a good pre season and was easily bog the other day. The other kid has given no sign he is ready for senior footy.

I really want Mitchell & Konstanty to play purely for the sake of seeing how they stack up in firsts.

Mitchell for Corey and Konstanty as the Sub could be possible and would be good to see how both stack up at the senior level. But more than likely that Mitchell is sub and Corey gets the last spot on the bench.

Mitchell for Corey and Konstanty as the Sub could be possible and would be good to see how both stack up at the senior level. But more than likely that Mitchell is sub and Corey gets the last spot on the bench.
Feel like Ladhams might be a possibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only at the expense of Amartey, surely? And not a change I’d make at this stage.

I reckon Warner retains his spot while Mitchell and Konstanty face an arm wrestle for the final spot.
Then Mitchell should get the call before Konstanty based on form.

Let's NOT make this a thing every time someone is dropped or out please.

4-6 weeks = they're currently being cremated.

1 week = they've been in the funerary urns again.

I think Mitchell will be in (whether as sub or not is not clear). Wouldn’t read too much into Konstanty being named as he will be emergency and there’s not many non-tall alternatives available at the moment (Wicks not in the extended squad is also puzzling)

Mitchell was our best player in the reserves last week wasn't he?

Forgive me, haven’t followed the ressies this year.

What sort of player is Caleb Mitchell?
First off, he captained the VFL team last week. Ended up with 30 disposals, a goal and I think about 10 clearances.

If you're able to can watch the highlights or full game replay on the link below.

I liked Mitchell's game. I've mostly thought him a player reminiscent of Justin McInerney, particularly the McInerney of 2019-21 who was so involved in overlap running and carrying. Last week's VFL game I thought Mitchell showed he also had a bit of an inside edge. (Something McInerney has also shown more of this year, if not in terms of ball-winning, then definitely in terms of hardness and attack on the ball/man.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back