Preview Round 4, 2019: St Kilda v Hawthorn, 14 April 2019, 3.20pm at Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

At least J.Steven out for them evens it out. He is basically there midfield.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ross, Billings, Steele, Gresham is pretty solid. If we win, it says more about them, than it does about us. They may as well pack it in. They'll be playing a BH starting midfield (Worps aside).

Ross, Billings, Steele, Gresham is pretty solid. If we win, it says more about them, than it does about us. They may as well pack it in. They'll be playing a BH starting midfield (Worps aside).
Or maybe it says that our second string mids aren’t that bad and in time might be very good, especially when our first string mids are back. ;)

Apologies for branching off topic just a fraction, but can anyone please confirm/ deny medallion club entry for the VFL curtain raiser?

Billings and Gresham are small forwards basically like putting Wingerz n Punky in the middle, Steele will tag JOM (if he plays), Ross head to head with Worps

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

With a depleted starting midfield you would have to think Roughead, Henderson, Scully and Wingard at times will be rotating in the midfield. I know he's playing well in defence this year but I would like to see Impey given a run in the midfield until the injured players return.

I think that’s highly illegal, the AFL have anti-tampering rules don’t they? If we were to do that with Patton, it surely wouldn’t be at Waverley!

Yes agree mate and conveyed that to him but whether it be having a kick unlikely but a meeting with Hawks he was adamant it happened and he doesn't bullshit so who knows. Would be a good get though if true perhaps. We shall see...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of doom and gloom. The saints aren’t exactly a rampant midfield. If JOM doesn’t get up, I still expect to find a way to beat this mob.
Still got a very dangerous small forward line. We’ll be right

Ground ball and loose ball gets will determine the outcome of this game and saints one strong area is that they are very solid in that part of the game.

Ground ball and loose ball gets will determine the outcome of this game and saints one strong area is that they are very solid in that part of the game.

Yep and that Billings is a gun and a tough bugger. Lucky for the opposition we are not playing in the 70's / 80's as I hear that he is also pretty handy with his fists / elite boxer. Someone needs to go to him close all game and nullify his output. Worpell tag?

Yep and that Billings is a gun and a tough bugger. Lucky for the opposition we are not playing in the 70's / 80's as I hear that he is also pretty handy with his fists / elite boxer. Someone needs to go to him close all game and nullify his output. Worpell tag?

PS: Re Port / Tigers game; good to see Ryan Burton really showing why I was spewing in losing him, but good luck to the fella as deserves it as didn't want him to leave Hawthorn and neither did I. However Chad may numb the feeling..

Surely Howe had to play this week ahead of geelongs game. We need another inside mid to help jaeger and worp considering shiels and burger out, I know howe needed match fitness but jaeger and worps i feel are burning up alot of petrol tickets and are spent before 3qtr time. Morrison had to go as we already have smith, scully and hendo on the outside. And what does mitch lewis needs to do to get a game? kick 10 goals?? had a ripper pre season look great against richmond in the jlt probably the only guy that can take a contested mark mark inside fwd50 wouldve allowed roughy to play up the ground more. I know nash is a different player as he provides pressure but imo we have enough of those guys who can do that in pup, wingard and punky. We need a guy who can take a pack mark and lewis is the guy for that so i really hope he plays soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back