Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These Clubs have much in common -
  1. Proud histories
  2. Current players have burning ears after dire weekend efforts
  3. Both sides have plenty of talent but few are performing
  4. Both have long term coaches with mixed records
  5. There are a few Horse voodoo dolls in circulation while Port fans have built the biggest pile of wood seen since Salem BBQ'd witches
  6. We actually get on eg at trade time.
  7. Trad Port fans are like old South fans.
So what will happen in this match? Lucky dip methinks.

I assume there are no injuries beyond those to pride. I really hope there is an emphasis on run and carry and sticking to systems this week. A spot of goal kicking practice would not go astray either.

Selection - after an appalling display like Rd 3 the temptation is to go full Kill Bill and lay waste to an underperforming bunch of grifters. Happily sense will prevail, I haven't been invited to guest on the Selection Panel and besides Bonz won't lend me his samurai sword.

I reckon there will be one or maybe two changes.. Personally I'd dispense with Cunningham and Rowbottom (mids have to show they can get and use the ball)and play Sheldrick and Roberts.

Predictions - Swans win in a slugfest. (The Alladhams LAMP will look great in the trophy cabinet

Have at it folks.

If we can beat Gold Coast, surely we can knock off Port too?

Only problem: how does one concentrate on watching the game when the Port Board blows up into a frothing mass of bile and self-flagellation by quarter time?

Sheldrick in (to torture Horne Francis again). Don’t care who goes out, as long as it ain’t Campbell or Stephens.

Last edited:
I don't expect major changes. No one was dominant at reserves level. McLean didn't put pressure on Amartey who did really well, just couldn't convert.

If Fox is fit I'd put him in for either Campbell or Cunningham (Campbell to move forward) but that's only if he is fit and doesn't need a run around in the 2s.

Back at home, we should win this comfortably if we play for 4 quarters

Like Melbourne, Ports strongest area around the ground is their midfield. They get plenty of ball but havent been able to kick scores off it.

As good a game as any for our mids to crack in and win some contested footy.

Unfortunately, I started attending games live in 2017 and I’ve somehow managed to see every Power game and we end up losing. Pretty much same story each time, Power run, spread and use the SCG width better than us. Truly a bogey side.

Hope that changes this week!

I'd personally go unchanged, Sheldrick as sub. Don't really see any available/fit players improving things over what the same team can do.

We're not just playing Fantasy Footy so Rowbottom stays in. No VFL game, so Sheldrick can come in as sub, or if we want even more players that can rotate through midfield, he could come in. Don't see him contributing more than anyone already in the 22. Significant step up from VFL, it'd only be if there's an injury, or we want to single someone out.

I'd personally go unchanged, Sheldrick as sub. Don't really see any available/fit players improving things over what the same team can do.

We're not just playing Fantasy Footy so Rowbottom stays in. No VFL game, so Sheldrick can come in as sub, or if we want even more players that can rotate through midfield, he could come in. Don't see him contributing more than anyone already in the 22. Significant step up from VFL, it'd only be if there's an injury, or we want to single someone out.

As a mid you are expected to get the footy. Rowy doesn't or is not at the moment.

As a mid you are expected to get the footy. Rowy doesn't or is not at the moment.
He had a much bigger impact than Warner did. Only thing I remember Warner doing is running right into a stationary Petracca

Says who? There's different midfield roles. You said yourself it'll be a slugfest, so I don't know why you want to drop one of our best contested footy players.

Says who? There's different midfield roles. You said yourself it'll be a slugfest, so I don't know why you want to drop one of our best contested footy players.

He needs to win some contests... As a defensive mid he did little to stymie Oliver or Petracca who flogged us. I worry he is becoming a low possession winning mid. He was also crap v Hawthorn.

I think a spell in the Ressies will be good for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He needs to win some contests... As a defensive mid he did little to stymie Oliver or Petracca who flogged us. I worry he is becoming a low possession winning mid. He was also crap v Hawthorn.

I think a spell in the Ressies will be good for him.
IDK, for someone who is being used in a more defensive role, I look at related stuff like contested possessions, tackles, clearances, pressure. He was a leader in that sort of stuff vs the Hawks, so I don't know what you're talking about.

On behalf of the PAFC supporters ‘Get Rid of Ken Now Foundation’, we kindly ask you to hand out a 100+ point loss to end the suffering. Enough is enough, donate now.
Hopefully. As much as I want us to win every flag, if it's not us, I prefer it to be Port. Don't see that happening under Ken, and it'd be nice if the Crows remained the worse of the two SA clubs in perpetuity.

No Sheldrick yet for mine. He's winning the ball in the VFL but he's not doing it with space and time. His disposal is rushed. That will only be worse at AFL level. It's not a knock on him, I'm a big fan. It's just he's coming back from injury, I just want him to have a bit more time at VFL level to get up to pace first. Otherwise I think we're setting him up for failure.

I could actually see Corey Warner as a sub. He's bulked up, and while he's not winning as much ball as Sheldrick, he's moving faster and getting into space more when he has it. With his pace, gut running and penetrating (if not always accurate) kicking I think he'd be a valuable tactical sub, and if needed earlier he could slot into McInerney's role, who can drop down back or go into the mids as required.

I also think Roberts deserves a full game, he's done as well as you could ask so far as a sub.

So yeah, probably Roberts in for a full game, and for me either Cunningham or Corey Warner as sub.

Probably worth remembering that Rowbottom was playing like this for most of last year and he was top 10 in the B&F. That was before he went beserk and got us to a grand final.

Whether we like it or not, or see the value of it or not, the coaches like Rowbottom doing what he is currently doing. No way he'll be dropped.

I'd go unchanged but would probably have Sheldrick replace Roberts as sub so that Roberts can get a full game.

Hoping for a big response from the boys this week, a secret service motorcade for me en route to the SCG, and the red carpet rolled out upon my arrival at the gates.

GO SWANS

Probably worth remembering that Rowbottom was playing like this for most of last year and he was top 10 in the B&F. That was before he went beserk and got us to a grand final.

Whether we like it or not, or see the value of it or not, the coaches like Rowbottom doing what he is currently doing. No way he'll be dropped.

I'd go unchanged but would probably have Sheldrick replace Roberts as sub so that Roberts can get a full game.

Hoping for a big response from the boys this week, a secret service motorcade for me en route to the SCG, and the red carpet rolled out upon my arrival at the gates.

GO SWANS
No VFL this week, so I'd just go Sheldrick as sub because he has more exposed form in recent weeks. If we had a practice match or match sim on the Sunday, then we could get some time into these guys, plus Fox.

GO SWANS

Haha … have fun and we expect detailed reports.

On behalf of the PAFC supporters ‘Get Rid of Ken Now Foundation’, we kindly ask you to hand out a 100+ point loss to end the suffering. Enough is enough, donate now.

Port fans have my full support. Hope our Club can oblige your request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back