Preview Round 4: Essendon vs GWS Giants, Docklands, Sunday 9th April @ 2.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't pick Heppell either, but anyone still surprised he continues to get picked hasn't being paying attention.

Scott basically said he expected Hepp to play 16 games or so this year. He may not get that many, but Scott was never dropping him at round 4, as right or wrong as it may be (I believe the latter personally).
Then sadly Brad hasn't learned from his previous stint as coach when he was too stubborn to make the tough calls when they need to be made, not 15 weeks after they should have been.

Leaving Heppell in isn't helping anyone, especially Hep.

I wouldn't pick Heppell either, but anyone still surprised he continues to get picked hasn't being paying attention.

Scott basically said he expected Hepp to play 16 games or so this year. He may not get that many, but Scott was never dropping him at round 4, as right or wrong as it may be (I believe the latter personally).
Why can't he play him in the games we're expecting to get pantsed in? He keeps playing him in the winnable ones!

It will probably happen, as we have a bunch of very s**t supporters.
This unfortunately is true. Probably the worst in terms of how quickly and disgustingly they turn on their own players.

I think Matthew Lloyd said as much once after Essendon fans booed Stanton then cheered when he was subbed off. Basically said most players (League wide) knew Essendon supporters were the worst in that sense in the comp.

It’s a massive part of why he has to be dropped. It isn’t doing anyone any favours, it’s just tarnishing his legacy. While he may not get booed (and shouldn’t be, that would be a s**t act), there will be audible frustration if he continues to make these mistakes.

All four emergencies named in the VFL.

Logically it would be Mass or Snelling as neither Phillips or Hind played a full game last week
The last couple of weeks there’s been someone named as both AFL and VFL emergency that hasn’t played at either level. I’m not really sure why…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone saw the post match presser last week a journo asked Brad how impressed he was with the kids and Massimo game getting 26 touches and Brad teed off. There’s clearly something in relation to team defence that Heppell is doing and Massimo is a long way off as Massimo foot skills in traffic are unreal.

In saying that though, Dyson is a liability right now and I hope he has been given the one last chance before dropped convo. Im backing Brad in, when you saw his response to the Massimo question you know he just wouldn’t be playing favourites

All four emergencies named in the VFL.

Logically it would be Mass or Snelling as neither Phillips or Hind played a full game last week
Will be Snelling I think. Mass being sub twice in a month would be an odd choice for his development.

Needs gametime at either level to improve his defence.

Will be Snelling I think. Mass being sub twice in a month would be an odd choice for his development.

Needs gametime at either level to improve his defence.
He wasn't sub at all.

Round 1 was Walla
Rounds 2 and 3 he played the whole game

This unfortunately is true. Probably the worst in terms of how quickly and disgustingly they turn on their own players.

I think Matthew Lloyd said as much once after Essendon fans booed Stanton then cheered when he was subbed off. Basically said most players (League wide) knew Essendon supporters were the worst in that sense in the comp.

* me. Stanton was never booed. I was at the game and it just didn’t happen. Another figbooty myth.

Must have been at different games because it definitely happened
No, he was Bronx cheered after getting subbed out with a broken collarbone.

Never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back